These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Looking for an impartial view of the null sec war going on

First post
Author
Dinsdale Pirannha
Pirannha Corp
#1 - 2013-06-17 02:44:57 UTC
Yeah, I realize I have as much chance of this as Scarlett Johansson hiring me as her personal masseuse.

I have looked at COAD. A cesspool of propaganda, and inside jokes.
I have looked at Dotlan, but that does not really give the full picture.
I won't even bother with goon's Pravda site, and EN 24 seems little better.
Same with Kugu and Failheap, which seems like monkey's throwing excrement at each other.

But does anyone have what they consider an up-to-date, impartial source of info on what is going on?
I have some friends in null giving me info, but that too will have some inherent bias.
Lors Dornick
Kallisti Industries
#2 - 2013-06-17 02:49:23 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
seems like monkey's throwing excrement at each other.

Then why are you asking when you already have the answer?

CCP Greyscale: As to starbases, we agree it's pretty terrible, but we don't want to delay the entire release just for this one factor.

Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#3 - 2013-06-17 02:58:50 UTC
Anyone in a position to comment on the war will have an angle they are trying to sell you. There is no impartiality, so read both EN24 and TMC with the recognition that both are reporting the same war through different eyes. Also, the only way to get impartial reporting is to go there yourself.
Zane Lowe
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2013-06-17 03:03:29 UTC
For what it's worth:

The CFC announced an invasion of Fountain. This seemed like a good idea until everyone who had ever been slighted by them decided that letting them get richer would be a bad idea. Currently Test and Tribal Band has allied with:

Northern Coalition
Pandemic Legion
Black Legion
PIZZA (Kinda)
Nulli Secunda/N3
Scrap Iron Flotilla

and others I'm probably forgetting to fight the Goons. It's unsure how permanent this coalition is, and things can change in eve at any minute, but right now Test plans to try to turn the invasion around and begin invading CFC soon, and Black Legion/401k have already begun taking CFC space in tribute.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#5 - 2013-06-17 03:08:40 UTC
You want an impartial view of the war?

**** gettin' blown up.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

dark heartt
#6 - 2013-06-17 03:15:14 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:

You do realise the irony in this right? They are both pretty biased. I read both regularly: TMC admits the bias (seriously nearly every article has a disclaimer at the start with this article may be biased) while EN24 gets called on bias on a regular basis.

As for the war, CFC invades Fountain. Test and bro's fight back. Ships explode and space has been taken. Mistakes have been made on both sides, and high sec is still as oblivious as ever to anything changing. That's it, just like every war in Eve ever.
C DeLeon
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#7 - 2013-06-17 04:04:59 UTC  |  Edited by: C DeLeon
I'm not impartial but I will try to paint a somewhat objective picture of the situation.

CFC:

CFC: With the technerf their incomes got crippled so they have to find alternative ways to fill their assets at rate as they did before Odyssey. With the collapse of HBC invading Fountain became an obvious choice for them. There are lots of R64 moons in fountain and its a good ratting space to organize a renter empire.

Solar: They are not involved directly with the CFC but N3 and PL being deployed to the west they might try to take back the drone regions. We will see how N3 can handle the situation from the other side of new eden.

Anti CFC forces:

Test: They want to defend their home region and prove themselfs against the goon threat.

BBC (black legion and retirement club): With the cfc deployed to the west, they have a good chance to take moons and systems in the north. As far as I know only Razor stayed to defend the north and so far they have difficulties alone to be effective as much as they should be to successfully defend the north.

N3/NC./PL: Their participation and goals are similar to the "balance of power" policy by Great Britain during history. With the collapse of HBC test is not a direct threat for N3. On the other hand the CFC dominated 0.0 far too long and this is the perfect situation to put an end to their dominance by preventing them from gathering additional incomes to maintain their full power.

Neutral entities (so far):

The dinner squadron and the russian players in Stain have their own conflict in the south so they aren't involved in this war (yet). I know nothing about provi block's plans.

CHANCES:

Financials:
CFC have probably really fat wallets from the tech era and their market manipulations but time works against them because the whole reason why they started this war is to get more money income.
Test: I don't know if it's just misleading propaganda or there is truth behind it but they seem kinda broke financially. We will see how they will keep up with the war. I wouldn't be surprised if N3 would inject some money into test just to keep them going. We will see.
N3/PL: The south came out of the whole moongoo rebalance better and they have huge renter empires so I can say they have better incomes now than the CFC. The whole purpose of jumping in the war is to suck the CFC wallets dry as much as possible. N3/PL don't really want to win this war. They want it as long and desperate as possible to cause pain to the CFC.

Numbers:
I think the raw numbers are quite even but anti-cfc forces have higher participation numbers so far heated by the hate of the goons. On the other hand CFC was passive far too long so they have to get their sh*t together if they don't want to fight outnumbered all the time.

Fleet doctrines and supers:
People keep saying that CFC became the largest in the numbers of supers but they can't use them if they can't win the subcap fights. PL and NC. super pilots are also a lot more experienced so less chance of devastating huge f*ck ups.
And CFC have problems winning on subcap level because their #1 tactic (blobbing) won't work this time and probably the main reason why they use kitchen sink fleets (caracal) because they have a hard time figuring out hard counters against their enemies. They have to fight against too many and too different fleet doctrines.

Summary: CFC have to pull out some tricks (and get more allies) if they want to come out of this war as winners and so far it seems like the odds are against them.

(if I'm wrong somewhere feel free to correct me)
Vertisce Soritenshi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2013-06-17 04:07:44 UTC
Here is my impartial view for ya.

Who ******* cares? It's Nullsec, this means a bunch of immature smacktards waving their dicks around at all the other players trying to pretend that they have some sort if influence on the rest of the game.

Impartial view over.

Go join a corp in WH space and have some real fun with some real risk and make some real ISK.

Bounties for all! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2279821#post2279821

Mark Rain
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#9 - 2013-06-17 04:07:55 UTC
Looks like a stalemate to me thus far of what I have read and seen.

Sure does add some volatility to the markets though.
Onictus
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2013-06-17 04:14:25 UTC
You aren't going to get an impartial view of nullsec through any website. Everyone out here has been shooting each other for years.

If you want to dig though all of the battle reports and sift through dotlan you can get a pretty good idea on your own though.
Jake Warbird
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2013-06-17 04:17:36 UTC
Considering 'spin' is a major part of the war, good luck getting impartial views.
Jake Warbird
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2013-06-17 04:22:54 UTC
C DeLeon wrote:
wan't

*gnashes teeth*
C DeLeon
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#13 - 2013-06-17 04:27:41 UTC
Jake Warbird wrote:
C DeLeon wrote:
wan't

*gnashes teeth*

oops! fixed :)
SmilingVagrant
Doomheim
#14 - 2013-06-17 04:33:51 UTC
C DeLeon has a pretty good writeup and it isn't far off base. I'd argue that NCDot and PL are more in it for the easy killing than anything else. If the war starts to get boring they will likely wander off to greener pastures.
Dinsdale Pirannha
Pirannha Corp
#15 - 2013-06-17 04:52:56 UTC
C DeLeon wrote:
I'm not impartial but I will try to paint a somewhat objective picture of the situation.

CFC:

CFC: With the technerf their incomes got crippled so they have to find alternative ways to fill their assets at rate as they did before Odyssey. With the collapse of HBC invading Fountain became an obvious choice for them. There are lots of R64 moons in fountain and its a good ratting space to organize a renter empire.

Solar: They are not involved directly with the CFC but N3 and PL being deployed to the west they might try to take back the drone regions. We will see how N3 can handle the situation from the other side of new eden.

Anti CFC forces:

Test: They want to defend their home region and prove themselfs against the goon threat.

BBC (black legion and retirement club): With the cfc deployed to the west, they have a good chance to take moons and systems in the north. As far as I know only Razor stayed to defend the north and so far they have difficulties alone to be effective as much as they should be to successfully defend the north.

N3/NC./PL: Their participation and goals are similar to the "balance of power" policy by Great Britain during history. With the collapse of HBC test is not a direct threat for N3. On the other hand the CFC dominated 0.0 far too long and this is the perfect situation to put an end to their dominance by preventing them from gathering additional incomes to maintain their full power.

Neutral entities (so far):

The dinner squadron and the russian players in Stain have their own conflict in the south so they aren't involved in this war (yet). I know nothing about provi block's plans.

CHANCES:

Financials:
CFC have probably really fat wallets from the tech era and their market manipulations but time works against them because the whole reason why they started this war is to get more money income.
Test: I don't know if it's just misleading propaganda or there is truth behind it but they seem kinda broke financially. We will see how they will keep up with the war. I wouldn't be surpired if N3 would inject some money into test just to keep them going. We will see.
N3/PL: The south came out of the whole moongoo rebalance better and they have huge renter empires so I can say they have better incomes now than the CFC. The whole purpose of jumping in the war is to suck the CFC wallets dry as much as possible. N3/PL don't really want to win this war. They want it as long and desperate as possible to cause pain to the CFC.

Numbers:
I think the raw numbers are quite even but anti-cfc forces have higher participation numbers so far heated by the hate of the goons. On the other hand CFC was passive far too long so they have to get their sh*t together if they don't want to fight outnumbered all the time.

Fleet doctrines and supers:
People keep saying that CFC became the largest in the numbers of supers but they can't use them if they can't win the subcap fights. PL and NC. super pilots are also a lot more experienced so less chance of devastating huge f*ck ups.
And CFC have problems winning on subcap level because their #1 tactic (blobbing) won't work this time and probably the main reason why they use kitchen sink fleets (caracal) because they have a hard time figuring out hard counters against their enemies. They have to fight against too many and too different fleet doctrines.

Summary: CFC have to pull out some tricks (and get more allies) if they want to come out of this war as winners and so far it seems like the odds are against them.

Thanks.

That helps filling in on the holes I had (had most of that info already so good to get confirmation).
So keeping track of the day to day ebbs and flows in battles and territory swings is going to be a combination of dotlan, kill mails, and some detective work I fear, because I assume there is no easy way to do that, no single source.
Gogela
Epic Ganking Time
CODE.
#16 - 2013-06-17 04:53:57 UTC
Meh.

Glad I could help...

Signatures should be used responsibly...

Tara Read
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#17 - 2013-06-17 07:04:33 UTC
As much as I am loathe to post in a Null politics thread, from a purely objective view having a basic grasp on conflicts and potential targets is always useful. Sewing seeds of chaos on an already crippled and confused enemy is pure bliss Pirate
Theodoric Darkwind
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#18 - 2013-06-17 07:09:08 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
Yeah, I realize I have as much chance of this as Scarlett Johansson hiring me as her personal masseuse.

Same with Kugu and Failheap, which seems like monkey's throwing excrement at each other.

But does anyone have what they consider an up-to-date, impartial source of info on what is going on?
I have some friends in null giving me info, but that too will have some inherent bias.

Whatever Stator or Sham has told you so far is about as impartial as any other source you will find.
Erotica 1
Krypteia Operations
#19 - 2013-06-17 07:09:25 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:

isk

See Bio for isk doubling rules. If you didn't read bio, chances are you funded those who did.

Abon
Pandorum Research Incorporated
#20 - 2013-06-17 07:43:01 UTC
Vertisce Soritenshi wrote:
Here is my impartial view for ya.

Who ******* cares? It's Nullsec, this means a bunch of immature smacktards waving their dicks around at all the other players trying to pretend that they have some sort if influence on the rest of the game.

Impartial view over.

Go join a corp in WH space and have some real fun with some real risk and make some real ISK.

Your reply is certainly a certificate of maturity. *golfclap* Roll
123Next pageLast page