These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Federation expresses dismay at Republic handling of Broteau

Author
Edaine Numenor
Numenor Benevolent Holdings
#1 - 2013-06-16 19:36:58 UTC
source

Liberating slaves wherever, whenever, and however I can.

Endeavour Starfleet
#2 - 2013-06-16 19:38:04 UTC
Going to quote myself from the other topic as it is relevant.

Endeavour Starfleet wrote:
And it starts. Again I hope those who supported this mockery in the republic are happy. As the cost of added isolation and the label as a rouge nation has done nothing to aid you and has given the Amarr more power over your future than they could ever have dreamed. It is one thing to have alienated your greatest ally and then invade while feeling free to kill federation military in federation space. But it is quite another to do it after we are learning that our Caldari brothers are willing to work with us and not follow the crazed Heth off the cliff.

Who will stand with the Republic after this?

Cipher7
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2013-06-16 19:42:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Cipher7
10 pages of whining about Coleile (again) in 3....2......1.....
Diana Kim
Kenshin Katana.
United Caldari Space Command.
#4 - 2013-06-16 20:00:22 UTC
Kill one gallentean and Senate will start to whine.
Continue killing until they stop.

Honored are the dead, for their legacy guides us.

In memory of Tibus Heth, Caldari State Executor YC110-115, Hero and Patriot.

iyammarrok
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2013-06-16 20:11:25 UTC
Diana, if the fate that soon awaits your 'glorious executor' isn't proof enough, attitudes like yours will lead nowhere except a self destructive end, surrounded by nothing but the pity and ridicule of your peers.

You have already said you will protect the life of an outlaw against true State citizens, putting any claim of loyalty you make towards the State to the torch.

Just how much deeper are you going to dig your own hole?
Tread carefully, Soon, it will be another Caldari that puts a bullet to you.

I have tried to offer you counsel, tried to help you to see the path you tread.
The rest is up to you.

Not indicative of corporate policy unless otherwise stated.

Brandi Wiseman
Den Sorte Loge
#6 - 2013-06-16 20:27:49 UTC
Bit bloody late to moan now.

Fly Caldari!

Diana Kim
Kenshin Katana.
United Caldari Space Command.
#7 - 2013-06-16 20:38:21 UTC
iyammarrok wrote:
Diana, if the fate that soon awaits your 'glorious executor' isn't proof enough, attitudes like yours will lead nowhere except a self destructive end, surrounded by nothing but the pity and ridicule of your peers.

All lives end eventually. And we cannot avoid it, all we can, is to create an illusion of avoidance.
If you are a combat pilot, you should be ready to meet your destructive end any day.
And if it will be my choice, then dragging at least a couple of gallenteans to the end along with me, will make my end not in vain.

Quote:

You have already said you will protect the life of an outlaw against true State citizens, putting any claim of loyalty you make towards the State to the torch.

"true" citizens? There are only citizens and not citizens. I do not protect "not citizens", and will protect any citizens, disregarding legal status, unless will be ordered to apprehend or the said citizen will be confronted by official State power with authority to do so.

Quote:

Just how much deeper are you going to dig your own hole?
Tread carefully, Soon, it will be another Caldari that puts a bullet to you.

Caldari were always fighting each other. It is a great Heth-haan's dream to unite us finally, so no Caldari will put a bullet into another Caldari.
In any case, I will fight traitors and dissidents, and if I will get bullet from them, then it would be a proper time for some rest and visit to my ancestors.

Quote:

I have tried to offer you counsel, tried to help you to see the path you tread.
The rest is up to you.

If I will ever consider to waste my time to listen to counsel of a gallentean, I will leave you a notification

Honored are the dead, for their legacy guides us.

In memory of Tibus Heth, Caldari State Executor YC110-115, Hero and Patriot.

Makkal Hanaya
Revenent Defence Corperation
#8 - 2013-06-16 20:44:23 UTC
Cluster expresses dismay that Federation didn't see this coming.

I can only assume these senators decided to start Federation Day early and were high out of their mind when they handed Broteau over and thought he'd be coming back alive.

Render unto Khanid the things which are Khanid's; and unto God the things that are God's.

Rioghal Morgan
Pixel Navigators
AimogMart
#9 - 2013-06-16 20:48:16 UTC
Cipher7 wrote:

Yes, how dare we be upset at being backstabbed. How dare we!
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#10 - 2013-06-16 21:35:29 UTC
I'd put that report in the "What the hell did you think was going to happen?" file.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Derek Quaid
Doomheim
#11 - 2013-06-16 21:46:17 UTC
Did the Feds really expect anything different?

CEO, Discreet Bounties In-game Channel: Discreet Bounties

Havohej
Cretus Incendium
Electus Matari
#12 - 2013-06-16 21:49:35 UTC
Diana Kim wrote:
Kill one gallentean and Senate will start to whine.
Continue killing until they stop.

I like you, Caldari.

You remind me of...

Me.

Strike us like matches, 'cause everyone deserves the flames.

OOC Forums @ Backstage

iyammarrok
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2013-06-16 22:47:08 UTC
We've had this discussion before Diana.

I am NOT Gallentean.
Your wilful blindness is going to be your end.

You will fight traitors and dissidents? You mean like the ones in the station you are defending? The ones declared as traitors by the rightful highest authority in the State?
You keep telling yourself that, Denial of the facts will not change the fact that your actions mark YOU as the traitor and dissident.

Not indicative of corporate policy unless otherwise stated.

Shintoko Akahoshi
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2013-06-16 23:18:39 UTC
Makkal Hanaya wrote:
Cluster expresses dismay that Federation didn't see this coming.

Oh, I think everyone could see this coming. Isn't there a saying about giving someone enough rope?

Bio and writing

(Nothing I say is indicative of corporate policy unless otherwise stated)

Shintoko Akahoshi
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2013-06-16 23:25:17 UTC
Rioghal Morgan wrote:
Cipher7 wrote:

Yes, how dare we be upset at being backstabbed. How dare we!

Ignore Cypher. He's an armchair chickenhawk who neither feels strongly enough about anything to fight for it in a militia nor operate from a corporation not covered under CONCORD special protections. It is only by hiding behind the Sebiestor Tribe corporation's unassailable position that he feels secure enough to issue his poorly reasoned screed-ettes. In effect he is a child running around saying "Pay attention to me! Pay attention to me!" while the adults talk.

Bio and writing

(Nothing I say is indicative of corporate policy unless otherwise stated)

Seriphyn Inhonores
Elusenian Cooperative
#16 - 2013-06-16 23:27:03 UTC
Capsuleers need to be better educated in politics, and I'm not even a politician. Of course those Senators wouldn't have expected any other outcome. That doesn't necessarily undermine any potential validity in what they say.

It's like a Matari dropping off a wayward Vherokior criminal in an Amarrian city. Chances are, he'll get enslaved by the local Holder. It was expected, but does that still mean we can't express our opinions on slavery?
ColonelNick
Providence Guard
#17 - 2013-06-16 23:49:40 UTC
This only proves that the Matari are savages, incapable of understanding due process or exercising restraint. I don't even understand how they're even an empire really, they're more at war with themselves then they are with the Amarr.

Its sad.

ColonelNick, CEO, Providence Guard, Callsign: "Codeine"

Stitcher
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#18 - 2013-06-17 00:49:32 UTC
Honestly? I give Shakor the win in that verbal sparring match.

AKA Hambone

Author of The Deathworlders

Tiberious Thessalonia
True Slave Foundations
#19 - 2013-06-17 01:09:11 UTC
This couldn't have been an update to an already existant thread on this subject?
Xindi Kraid
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#20 - 2013-06-17 02:07:29 UTC
I'm surprised they gave him a trial at all; his guilt was already proven, and he had been sentenced to let the Minmatar choose the sentence. We already knew the sentence would be death.
123Next pageLast page