These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Broteau found guilty and executed by Sebiestor Tribe

Author
Samira Kernher
Cail Avetatu
#41 - 2013-06-16 02:09:39 UTC
Havohej wrote:
Istvaan Shogaatsu wrote:
Aurora Fatalis wrote:
This wasn't justice. This was vengeance.

There's a difference?

Never has been, never will be.

While I was pleased to learn of the death of the race traitor and Amarr-appeaser and apologist Midular, and equally pleased to see the swiftness with which the Sebiestor acted, I do not approve of this man's execution...
Midular is the one who should've been tried and executed, years ago, for crimes against our people.

This bold soul did us a service, snuffing out Midular and a handful of others unworthy of their Blood and Heritage.

It is very disrespectful to speak in such a way of a Ray of Matar. Chief Midular was a noble woman and an example for everyone else to look up to. Her loss is a tragedy, as is the loss of all the others that died that day.
Havohej
Cretus Incendium
Electus Matari
#42 - 2013-06-16 02:56:55 UTC
Samira Kernher wrote:
Havohej wrote:

While I was pleased to learn of the death of the race traitor and Amarr-appeaser and apologist Midular, and equally pleased to see the swiftness with which the Sebiestor acted, I do not approve of this man's execution...
Midular is the one who should've been tried and executed, years ago, for crimes against our people.

This bold soul did us a service, snuffing out Midular and a handful of others unworthy of their Blood and Heritage.

It is very disrespectful to speak in such a way of a Ray of Matar.
Be that as it may...
Quote:
Chief Midular was a noble woman and an example for everyone else to look up to.
Yes, let us all make excuses for the slaver, buy time for the slaver politically, obstruct the military might of the People from attacking the Empire and its lap dogs in Derelik and in the State. Let's all turn our noses up at true Matar culture and tradition while encouraging the Gallente-ization of our youths, spitting on what it means to be the Ray of Matar. Let us do all that we can to castrate the Tribes' councils and promote Gallentean democracy over our own Tribal structure. Let's all forget what it is to be Minmatar. ...if we ever knew at all. Let us all follow Karin Midular's example!
Quote:
Her loss is a tragedy, as is the loss of all the others that died that day.

Only if by "tragedy" you mean "best thing to happen to the Matari People since the Uprising.

Strike us like matches, 'cause everyone deserves the flames.

OOC Forums @ Backstage

Nicolas Merovech
Doomheim
#43 - 2013-06-16 03:48:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Nicolas Merovech
Diana Kim wrote:
Another gallentean died. What could be better?

Your haircut looks ridiculous.

On a more mature note, I'm a little disappointed in how this turned out. You'd think that a people as varied and complex as the Minmatar would punish Broteau in a more profound and meaningful way than death by firing squad. To me, this outcome makes the squabble and conflict over who gets to prosecute his crimes all for nothing.

Dr. Nicolas A. Merovech, Ph. D, M.D.

Katran Luftschreck
Royal Ammatar Engineering Corps
#44 - 2013-06-16 08:34:46 UTC
Makkal Hanaya wrote:
The swiftness of the trial and particularly the execution is unusual inside the Republic...]

Hang on, I just knocked my drink over from laughing so hard.

http://youtu.be/t0q2F8NsYQ0

Lyn Farel
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#45 - 2013-06-16 09:53:48 UTC
Havohej wrote:
Samira Kernher wrote:
Havohej wrote:

It is very disrespectful to speak in such a way of a Ray of Matar.
Be that as it may...
Quote:
Chief Midular was a noble woman and an example for everyone else to look up to.
Yes, let us all make excuses for the slaver, buy time for the slaver politically, obstruct the military might of the People from attacking the Empire and its lap dogs in Derelik and in the State. Let's all turn our noses up at true Matar culture and tradition while encouraging the Gallente-ization of our youths, spitting on what it means to be the Ray of Matar. Let us do all that we can to castrate the Tribes' councils and promote Gallentean democracy over our own Tribal structure. Let's all forget what it is to be Minmatar. ...if we ever knew at all. Let us all follow Karin Midular's example!
Quote:
Her loss is a tragedy, as is the loss of all the others that died that day.

Only if by "tragedy" you mean "best thing to happen to the Matari People since the Uprising.

I have not seen you for ages. You sound like a certain amount of years have passed and you did not notice...
Diana Kim
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#46 - 2013-06-16 12:19:53 UTC
Fredfredbug4 wrote:
Diana Kim wrote:

I like your hair.

Nicolas Merovech wrote:
Diana Kim wrote:

Your haircut looks ridiculous.

Gallenteans... they are always so relevant... in their own unique gallentean way.

Honored are the dead, for their legacy guides us.

In memory of Tibus Heth, Caldari State Executor YC110-115, Hero and Patriot.

Andreus Ixiris
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#47 - 2013-06-16 12:34:49 UTC
While Provists desperately seek to make every single thread relevant to their own delusional beliefs since the Caldari State they gutted and betrayed is rapidly making them irrelevant.

Andreus Ixiris > A Civire without a chin is barely a Civire at all.

Pieter Tuulinen > He'd be Civirely disadvantaged, Andreus.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Andreus Ixiris > This is why we're at war.

Havohej
Cretus Incendium
Electus Matari
#48 - 2013-06-16 15:08:01 UTC
Lyn Farel wrote:

I have not seen you for ages. You sound like a certain amount of years have passed and you did not notice...

There wasn't much in the way of news at the prison colony... And I spent most of my ISK on evading a life sentence, so bribery was sadly out of the question.

That said, the more things change, the more they stay the same. I can't imagine Midular atoning for all of her sins, nor can I see the Federation as anything but poisonous to the welfare of the People.

I will hold fast to my worldview.

OOC Forums @ Backstage

Shintoko Akahoshi
Gallente Federation
#49 - 2013-06-16 17:05:38 UTC
Havohej wrote:
nor can I see the Federation as anything but poisonous to the welfare of the People.

As I see the Republic, poisonous to the welfare of the Federation.

I believe we understand one another. Let us hope we are both successful.

Bio and writing

(Nothing I say is indicative of corporate policy unless otherwise stated)

Havohej
Cretus Incendium
Electus Matari
#50 - 2013-06-16 17:14:21 UTC
Shintoko Akahoshi wrote:

As I see the Republic, poisonous to the welfare of the Federation.

I believe we understand one another. Let us hope we are both successful.

Perhaps we can find ways to work together in the near future, if we have certain goals in common, even if for different reasons. I will contact you soon to discuss this.

OOC Forums @ Backstage

Kueyen
Angharradh's Aegis
#51 - 2013-06-16 18:38:21 UTC
Some Federation senators don't seem too happy with the course of events...

Federation expresses dismay at Republic handling of Broteau

Until all are free...

Tarryn Nightstorm
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#52 - 2013-06-16 19:06:32 UTC
Istvaan Shogaatsu wrote:
Aurora Fatalis wrote:
This wasn't justice. This was vengeance.

There's a difference?

Maybe, maybe not. But in this case, they synergise quite nicely, don't you think?

Star Wars: the Old Republic may not be EVE. But I'll take the sound of dual blaster-pistols over "NURVV CLAOKING NAOW!!!11oneone!!" any day of the week.

Endeavour Starfleet
#53 - 2013-06-16 19:34:33 UTC
And it starts. Again I hope those who supported this mockery in the republic are happy. As the cost of added isolation and the label as a rouge nation has done nothing to aid you and has given the Amarr more power over your future than they could ever have dreamed. It is one thing to have alienated your greatest ally and then invade while feeling free to kill federation military in federation space. But it is quite another to do it after we are learning that our Caldari brothers are willing to work with us and not follow the crazed Heth off the cliff.

Who will stand with the Republic after this?
Arkenai Wyrnspire
Incorruptibles
#54 - 2013-06-16 20:54:29 UTC
Brandi Wiseman wrote:
I am disgusted by this news. What was the point of standing firm against a Minmatar fleet invading Gallente space if you were only going to hand over the prisoner and allow him to be executed?

If you meekly hand over a prisoner because someone sent a handful of ships to your border, what message does that send to the other empires?
The Federation isn't something that will put up with that kind of thing.

Someone.

Ugleb
Jotunn Risi
#55 - 2013-06-16 21:02:41 UTC
Evi Polevhia wrote:
You're of course right. I am sure the Federation gave the Republic all of the data they had. They have had such a wonderful record of friendly cooperation on this case so far. And there was absolutely nothing more to be learned from the man such as true means or motive. Execution in shorter time then it takes to file proper change of address paperwork doesn't seem at all out of place. Not at all a blatant example of sweeping a problem under the rug as fast as possible.

There were two observers from the Sebiestor Tribe present throughout Broteau's trial. The Tribal court was doubtless well briefed on those proceedings allowing for them to move forward decisively. The man's guilt was clear and well documented, The Sebiestor simply needed to verify those finding and the verdict already passed then move on to sentencing.

There was never any desire among the Minmatar to drag this out into some spectacle. It was simple justice we sought, and now it has been applied.

http://uglebsjournal.wordpress.com/

The Jotunn Risi are now recruiting, Brutor ancestry required in order to best represent the Brutor interest.  Join channel JORIS to learn more!

Havohej
Cretus Incendium
Electus Matari
#56 - 2013-06-16 21:07:58 UTC
Endeavour Starfleet wrote:

The Republic must invevitably be destroyed by all of the inoperable cancers that its leadership has allowed the Federation to infect it with. The Republic must die so that the Tribal Empire of Matar can rise once more, forged in the fires of disgrace and defeat, doused in the blood of our fallen brothers and sisters... tempered, stronger and more united than the unsuspecting and peaceful people the Amarr found and enslaved so long ago.

And then, we will come for ours. We will need no one to stand with us. Victory will be a foregone conclusion.

OOC Forums @ Backstage

Andreus Ixiris
Gallente Federation
#57 - 2013-06-16 23:48:39 UTC
Watch that you don't cut your ship in half with that edge.

Andreus Ixiris > A Civire without a chin is barely a Civire at all.

Pieter Tuulinen > He'd be Civirely disadvantaged, Andreus.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Andreus Ixiris > This is why we're at war.

Silas Vitalia
Doomheim
#58 - 2013-06-16 23:51:50 UTC
I'm afraid this execution lacked a certain dramatic flair we've become used to these last few years.

Firing Squad? so passe.

Sabik now, Sabik forever

Nicolas Merovech
Doomheim
#59 - 2013-06-16 23:59:22 UTC
I applaud Shakor's response to the attacks made by Federation senators. Honestly the democratic system employed by the Federation provides a maddening amount of political opinion ranging from amusing to infuriating. However, if this little spat develops into another conflict, I think an intervention will be required. It appears that capsuleers have to play the part of chiding parents these days and separate the brawling children from one-another.

Dr. Nicolas A. Merovech, Ph. D, M.D.

Endeavour Starfleet
#60 - 2013-06-17 00:43:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Endeavour Starfleet
Havohej wrote:
Endeavour Starfleet wrote:

The Republic must invevitably be destroyed by all of the inoperable cancers that its leadership has allowed the Federation to infect it with. The Republic must die so that the Tribal Empire of Matar can rise once more, forged in the fires of disgrace and defeat, doused in the blood of our fallen brothers and sisters... tempered, stronger and more united than the unsuspecting and peaceful people the Amarr found and enslaved so long ago.

And then, we will come for ours. We will need no one to stand with us. Victory will be a foregone conclusion.

Defeating the completely different Amarr from so long ago. An Amarr military that has completely changed and is open to new ideas.

Right.....