These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Assembly Hall

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Please kindly make it easier for players to switch between toons on the same accounts...

First post
Author
Tigrison
Nightwing Transit Inc.
#1 - 2013-05-22 21:35:11 UTC
For those users that do not have multiple account could you please either:

A) Return the "Log Off" button when players hit ESC.

B) Create a button so players can return to the "Select A Character" screen without having to shut down and relaunch the game from scratch.

C) Create a drop down menu in the launcher so players can choose the character to log into when the exe of the game file loads.

We are aware that players can manually select a log off button, but the amount of time that we would need to spend searching all the various buttons to see which one isn't currently being used to select one is just a waste of time.

There are many players in this game who have multiple toons on the same account, so why a button has never been created to allow players to switch toons more easily, is something that is baffling and well overdue.
Mike Azariah
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2013-05-23 05:02:42 UTC
This is a fair request. I also switch between toons on the same acct and know what you are asking for.

I will see what they of the infinite power have to say

m

Mike Azariah  ┬──┬ ¯|(ツ)

Grizzly McLoren
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2013-05-24 22:33:51 UTC
I think this is a real good idea for the players that has more than one character on one account :)
One of the Options sounds nice and good after my opinion. :)

Hope one of the Options will get into the game.

My personal option is of them all must be B, because it makes the change of character without turning off the game itself much easier instead of going back to the Launcher and press the Start/Launch game button again.

- Grizzly McLoren -
Slagmark TheDarkness
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2013-05-24 22:53:18 UTC
The personal opinion to my friend Grizzly McLoren i'd like aswell, the option B is a really good Idea. This should be an Option in the game for sure. its just awesome for the players with more characters on one account, and it will be more effective game time use of players who enjoy the game and so on.
Leonomis
Nightwing Trade Administration
#5 - 2013-06-16 01:02:46 UTC
Option B agreed... bump
Black Dranzer
#6 - 2013-06-16 02:12:00 UTC
This idea has been suggested before. Numerous times.

In spite of this, it has never been implemented.

This is dumb.

So I'll throw in my support.
BigSako
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2013-06-16 20:45:45 UTC
Well, at least before you used to be able to just restart your client and reselect a character. This behaviour is gone and now I have to shut down the client, and open the launcher again, etc...

An option that would close the client and just put a new client back up on character selection would be awesome.
Erotica 1
Krypteia Operations
#8 - 2013-06-17 03:12:28 UTC

+1 I vote for this.

See Bio for isk doubling rules. If you didn't read bio, chances are you funded those who did.

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#9 - 2013-06-17 15:05:48 UTC
Supported; it's a pain on the fundement to switch characters.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#10 - 2013-06-17 15:06:12 UTC
Black Dranzer wrote:
This idea has been suggested before. Numerous times.

In spite of this, it has never been implemented.

This is dumb.

So I'll throw in my support.

Never stop believing

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Chitsa Jason
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#11 - 2013-06-19 07:31:27 UTC
+1

Burn the land and boil the sea You can't take the sky from me

Samillian
Angry Mustellid
#12 - 2013-06-19 13:27:30 UTC
Supported.

NBSI shall be the whole of the Law

z Flint
z Mining Corp
#13 - 2013-06-19 18:24:37 UTC
+1 support
Mag's
Azn Empire
#14 - 2013-06-20 19:04:43 UTC
I'll support this, if you stop calling characters 'toons'. Twisted

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

DSDM Node
Doomheim
#15 - 2013-06-21 11:05:38 UTC
Tigrison wrote:
B) Create a button so players can return to the "Select A Character" screen without having to shut down and relaunch the game from scratch.

this is really what I wantBig smile
+1
Dersen Lowery
The Scope
#16 - 2013-06-21 14:43:30 UTC
This would be really nice.

Proud founder and member of the Belligerent Desirables.

I voted in CSM X!

Sylvier Sittler
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#17 - 2013-06-22 18:45:38 UTC
I concur with the sentiments in this thread.

In the few weeks I have played EO, I have thought it was me. I just kept thinking "How could I be so blind?" and was somewhat determined (to prove it to myself on every log off) that I will surely find the button that would enable me to switch between same account characters.

I finally gave up on my most current switch and hit Google for the remedy and here I am.

So, to the point, really? This most simple action isn't even in the game? I read these posts and then went on other sites too waiting for some punchline or having someone tell me how stupid I am for not spotting the method to perform this action. I just can't believe there is not an option to do this switch. I also can't think of a reason to not offer this convenience.

Granted there may be bigger issues to address in a large game, and this is still just a game after all, but this little omission from what I see as a quality game, is just odd to me.

Bizarre.

M
Odd Jack Ryleh
State War Academy
Caldari State
#18 - 2013-06-24 03:35:18 UTC
Definitely think this is a great idea! I just started playing again and have to characters on the same account. Having to completely quit out of the game and then relaunch it is quite vexxing.
Zhadist Blade
Noctis Enterprises
#19 - 2013-07-02 06:54:15 UTC
Tigrison wrote:

This would be great...
Totally agree Lol
Ispan Shefar
State War Academy
Caldari State
#20 - 2013-07-03 01:07:20 UTC
You're not going to find a single person who opposes this. +1 that enabling a "Switch Characters" or "Return to Login Screen" button in the Esc. menu is a short fix, requiring minimal dev time to implement, for significant payoff in user experience -- especially now with DCT giving me a reason to switch between chars on the same account.
12Next page