These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Tranquility Connectivity Issues - 23:15 UTC - June 15, 2013

First post First post
Author
Luna Void
#361 - 2013-06-16 01:17:55 UTC
See the bright side of this people: ...well, least don't stare at the dark one. ^_^

I almost capped a skill using only celebration, test and downtime bonus SP (=<

- I'm not pissed about noobz asking noob questions in corp channel; I am, however, pissed at noobs who think corp channel is a noob questions chat. -

Ezuen
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#362 - 2013-06-16 01:18:03 UTC
Most likely this is still issues stemming from the DDOS attack they went thru probably some hidden code in there system that's borking stuff.
Theodore Giumbix
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#363 - 2013-06-16 01:18:12 UTC
Mordraug Stangaferro wrote:
*generic copypasteable repost since a lot of people with launcher issues seem to miss it due to too many replies.. so share this with your friends*

Go to your Eve install folder... usually in Program Files for the ultranoob (let me be i ain't used windows in ages).

Find the "bin" folder in there, inside that folder is *** ExeFile.exe ***

Run that, login oldschool.

Bonus: Make a link for that file, and replace the launcher's quicklink.

CCP was smart enough to allow bypassing the launcher unlike most companies.

Wrong thread man.

Yo, New Eden, got capsuleers in da house. What's up? And their pimped rides. Yo, capsuleer, if ya want me to unpimp your ride, lemme hear ya say Wat?

Drunco
#364 - 2013-06-16 01:18:27 UTC
Keeva Taliana wrote:
Wish CCp would ban all the whinging whining little F***s just let them do their jobs & let us get back on

Screw you - I paid for this game - but luckily after 3 weeks of crap - I AM DONE.
Miss Relina
The Untraceable
M A R A K U G A
#365 - 2013-06-16 01:18:29 UTC
CaptSummers wrote:
Time to take a shower and bang the girlfriend :D see you in 5 hours...

You take 4h55m showers?
Lukas Mettek
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#366 - 2013-06-16 01:18:32 UTC
Why did you have to mess with the login process CCP? It worked perfectly fine before and it looked way cooler!
Sleezee
Piant Genis
#367 - 2013-06-16 01:18:45 UTC
CaptSummers wrote:

So... you take 4 hour and 59 minute showers eh? Lol
Elena Cassidy
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#368 - 2013-06-16 01:18:49 UTC
To all the Cry Babies this goes out to you http://youtu.be/DksSPZTZES0 been playing over a year they do a good job
pyronatic
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#369 - 2013-06-16 01:18:55 UTC
Lodius Armantos wrote:
I gues i can no longer finish my mission in less then 4 hour now. Should i open a ticket for this becouse im losing the opportunity to get the bonus reward?

Its also 1:41 in the night here so i can no longer fninsh this anymore or wait hours for the server to get back on.

Yes open a ticket.
Mark Mirommel
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#370 - 2013-06-16 01:18:56 UTC
Bohemoth Tazarian wrote:
Screw this, I'm gonna build with my own space MMO, with flapjacks, and hookers.

- keep up the great work ccp Big smile

Flapjacks sound much better than blackback :D I either won't loose as much more money or I'll get more hookers!
Vida Morte
Belt Raider Inc.
Wrecking Machine.
#371 - 2013-06-16 01:18:57 UTC
Kargath Kento wrote:
CaptSummers wrote:

He means time to clean his hands and fap to **** on the internets again

OMG, he still on mumble................
DrysonBennington
Eagle's Talon's
#372 - 2013-06-16 01:19:07 UTC
I think we should take this time to practice our goat staring Jedi Mind tricks.

Let's see who can kill the goat first by staring at it.
Makoto Shishio
HIgh Sec Care Bears
Brothers of Tangra
#373 - 2013-06-16 01:19:07 UTC
Ok. I normally just read and giggle but this is just sad.

Anya Klibor:
I'm not one to complain about the servers being down, but this is getting ridiculous. How often are your servers going to do this?

Ellendras Silver: well its offline so i cant play *Oops* its weekend *Oops*

Lodius Armantos:
I gues i can no longer finish my mission in less then 4 hour now. Should i open a ticket for this becouse im losing the opportunity to get the bonus reward?

Its also 1:41 in the night here so i can no longer fninsh this anymore or wait hours for the server to get back on.

You get my point. This is eve online. CCP does not WANT it's servers to go down. There not all sitting in a room like: *sign* finally, a break! *sips coffee and sirs with a spoon*'' These thing's happen. They are doing there best to bring the servers back up. No need to put tickets in for lost missions. Even if u lost a level 5 mission reward, its still not worth ticketing. Just relax and wait.

If you remember, they got DoSS attacked a week or so ago AND after that, odyssey came out. *acts like old person* Back in my day, (2006) we had to wait a whole hour or 2 every night for downtime!

So again. Relax.
agathon Aldurald
Knights of Cerberus Redux
Pinocchio's Asylum
#374 - 2013-06-16 01:19:22 UTC
If you compare the service that the people at CCP has given us compared to other games they have done an amazing job!
Stop complaining about the server going down... get up.. take a break... and if you really need to post on the forum then support the people who are keeping the game up and running (and have been doing an amazing job for 10 years!) just breath... eve will still be there... your missions, ore, WH, and people to shoot will still be there... so quit complaining... don't ask for more SP... and support the people who are keeping this amazing game running!

Just my two cents
Shinta Kobi
Jupiter Roughriders
No Forks Given
#375 - 2013-06-16 01:19:38 UTC
Alright... which one of the devs kicked the power cord? HMM???!!!!! Blink
Kewso
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#376 - 2013-06-16 01:19:38 UTC

Well at least the more complicated and higher learning curve X3 is online....

oh wait :P

it's always up :)

X3 ftw

Zygoma Alaskana
Red Dwarf Mining Corporation
space weaponry and trade
#377 - 2013-06-16 01:19:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Zygoma Alaskana
On the plus side (I can always find a plus side) the system total up-time exceeds most of the IT systems I've had to depend upon, including federal level public safety ones.

And, as was pointed out, it's still just a game that costs less than $0.50/day (US). But it's sure easy to invest a lot of effort with a fleet or exploration just to have to abort with a few minutes' warning.

I wonder if this was caused by Cisco's warranty *just now* expiring on the fancy, new, Serial Number 1 router thingie that the engineers trotted out onto the stage at FanFest 2011, that had the little stuffed donkey or whatever it was riding on it.

I felt lucky to just barely get a site scanned down to 100% with less than 2 minutes left. I fairly expect it will have ceased to exist after the reboot.

If it really did come about because of a massive fleet fight in null sec (or wherever), and if nobody bothered to notify CCP about the intended fight, how about some nifty penalty that'll just penalize the offenders?

OK, I'm rambling now...... and the servers were predicted to be up by now. I'll go look.

73 from EM95nu
Firedragon64
Signal Cartel
EvE-Scout Enclave
#378 - 2013-06-16 01:19:46 UTC
Diesel 888 wrote:
I have been on since 2006 and this is not usual chill out :)

Yeah this is not usual, I bet it's the guy I saw the other week that lost 39 plex in a killmail from a gatecamp :p
Desmond Arnst
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#379 - 2013-06-16 01:20:08 UTC
Not sure what all the whining is about. Also they JUST put in an expansion expect new issues to follow.
CaptSummers
Tr0pa de elite.
Fraternity.
#380 - 2013-06-16 01:20:14 UTC
Tobin Goldhand wrote:
CaptSummers wrote:

Taking a 4hr and 59min shower is bad.

taking a shower is 10 min... guess I have 4 hours and 50 min to do the rest ;) slowwwwly.....

I ain't no limp noodle sir...