These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Extreme shipyard makeover

Author
Amrod Sun
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2013-06-14 17:29:46 UTC
Name two ships you think is in the most dire need of a complete 3D model makeover.

To me Blackbird and Osprey are in a desperate need of a new hull.
Gareth Burns
GeoCorp.
The Initiative.
#2 - 2013-06-14 17:46:39 UTC
Seriously, I just want a new Bhaalgorn model.

Something like: http://i39.tinypic.com/2lm46et.jpg

Every other blood-raider ship looks AMAZING, the only reason I don't fly a Bhaalgorn is because I don't like the look of it.

Noblesse Oblige ► Gareth Burns

Samuel Woodbury
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2013-06-14 17:51:23 UTC
Dominix
Vayn Baxtor
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2013-06-14 17:53:10 UTC
On minmatar side, I'd say Tempest or Maelstrom.
Regardless of how shiny they are to others, to me they are not junky enough and the estetics(sp) just don't feel right.

Can't talk much about other ships though as I like assymetric, irregular and ugly designs of dem spaceships - something nobody really fancies these days - so other than that above, I'm staying out.

As for all other ships, which we could have ships drastically RESIZED in a way that we can really see proportional differences as one can notice easily between a pod and a titan.
And if the game engine would allow it, and optional selection regarding the scaling of distant ships MUCH LARGER on respective player clients so that we can SEE the ships from a distance (at least somewhat larger when very far away) and not just everybody being these stupid boxes until you are some 500m nearby.

Using tablet, typoes are common and I'm not going to fix them all.

Sable Moran
Moran Light Industries
#5 - 2013-06-14 18:33:13 UTC
Imicus and Moa

Sable's Ammo Shop at Alentene V - Moon 4 - Duvolle Labs Factory. Hybrid charges, Projectile ammo, Missiles, Drones, Ships, Need'em? We have'em, at affordable prices. Pop in at our Ammo Shop in sunny Alentene.

Leskit
Pure Victory
#6 - 2013-06-14 18:37:49 UTC
Bhaalgorn, Dominix.
Janna Windforce
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#7 - 2013-06-14 18:47:27 UTC
Moa, Drake
Rovinia
Exotic Dancers Union
#8 - 2013-06-14 18:50:40 UTC
Moa and Kestrel.
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#9 - 2013-06-14 20:29:36 UTC
Dominix, Moa, Imicus, Osprey, Talwar, Bantam...

Oh you said only 2...

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

FoxFire Ayderan
#10 - 2013-06-14 21:40:06 UTC

Any of the one's that the ship designers originally just went to the local vacuum cleaner store for ideas on ship models.

Little Dragon Khamez
Guardians of the Underworld
#11 - 2013-06-14 21:45:58 UTC
FoxFire Ayderan wrote:

Any of the one's that the ship designers originally just went to the local vacuum cleaner store for ideas on ship models.

Why didn't you just say 'iteron' lol.

All of the ships previously mentioned are in desperate need of some love.

Dumbing down of Eve Online will result in it's destruction...

FoxFire Ayderan
#12 - 2013-06-14 21:57:28 UTC

Haha. Indeed the iteron.

The original Velator was undoubtedly based on a hand-held dust-buster type vacuum (it even had a damn handle!) . In fact there are a few ships that distinctly appear as though the designers just went around their homes looking for gadgets/appliances they could make into a ship design. Lol

Kenrailae
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2013-06-15 02:20:22 UTC
Burst and Bantam

The Law is a point of View

The NPE IS a big deal

Adunh Slavy
#14 - 2013-06-15 02:23:25 UTC
All the stupid looking ones

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.  - William Pitt