These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

ISK devaluation

Author
Onomerous
Caldari Black Hand
Caldari Tactical Operations Command
#21 - 2013-06-14 12:40:12 UTC
FloppieTheBanjoClown wrote:
Missions, incursions, and wormhole blue loot are the cause. And possibly FW (I have no direct experience with the amount of isk generated in that particular endeavor)

The solution is to explode more ships as they are in the process of farming those things.

Because we all know there is no isk to be made is NS?
Rordan D'Kherr
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#22 - 2013-06-14 14:15:19 UTC
Tom Gerard wrote:
Number 17 wrote:
How much has the ISK devaluated since 2010? I have just came back and I'm shocked!
Is it easier to make isk now?

I can complete a level 4 mission that pays 3.5m in completion with another 1.5 in bonus, and 11k LP in under 22 minutes. Add in the fact the loot can sell to reprocessors for ~100m in loot/bounties.

I can get in two of these missions in an hour without much stress at all.

200m
7m
3m
22k * 2k = 44m

I consider myself an average mission runner so thats:
254m/hour

Wow, that is at least 100m / hr more than the average nullsec ano runner was used to gain, now with Odyssey make that like 150m / hr more.

Don't be scared, because being afk is not a crime.

Sergeant Acht Scultz
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#23 - 2013-06-14 14:21:10 UTC
Tom Gerard wrote:
Number 17 wrote:
How much has the ISK devaluated since 2010? I have just came back and I'm shocked!

I can complete a level 4 mission that pays 3.5m in completion with another 1.5 in bonus, and 11k LP in under 22 minutes. Add in the fact the loot can sell to reprocessors for ~100m in loot/bounties.

200m
7m
3m
22k * 2k = 44m

254m/hour

You're tolling so hard with this single post I can only /bow at such 20th Dan Trolling Master

Lol

removed inappropriate ASCII art signature - CCP Eterne

Teela Browne
Doomheim
#24 - 2013-06-14 14:25:15 UTC
Tom Gerard wrote:
Number 17 wrote:

200m
7m
3m
22k * 2k = 44m

254m/hour

I love you Tom Gerard.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#25 - 2013-06-14 14:34:06 UTC
Alternate Poster wrote:
edit: How does CCP break a POST?

Thats easy, you just
Tarn Ellecon
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#26 - 2013-06-14 14:36:03 UTC
Capt Tenguru10 wrote:
FlamesOfHeaven wrote:
*cough* Incursion *cough*

cough exploration cough

Is there something going around?

"F*ck the Polis" - Socrates

Q 5
999 HOLDINGS LLC
#27 - 2013-06-14 14:48:22 UTC
Here we go with another troll thread with muppets clearly in tow.

I run missions....lets see....I must have missed the 100 million isk mission clearly my agents are plopping doo doo on me.

And no, we are not going to go to low sec or null no matter what ideal you think will work, for the love of feeceees just gank your ships and take the status hit like a real pirate and stop trying to call yourself warriors.
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#28 - 2013-06-14 15:25:48 UTC
"Things cost too much" thread # 489209839824761450723692346 give or take 3.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Andrea Okazon
Laurentson INC
#29 - 2013-06-14 15:37:39 UTC
I, for one, look forward to the Ron Paul for CSM! campaign.
Callic Veratar
#30 - 2013-06-14 15:47:57 UTC
Tom Gerard wrote:
Number 17 wrote:

I can complete an average level 4 mission that pays 1m in completion with another 1m in bonus, and 2k LP in under 15 minutes. Add in the fact the loot can sell to reprocessors for 10m in loot/bounties.

I can get in two or three of these missions in an hour without much stress at all.

10m
1m
1m
1k * 1k
=
13M/mission

25-40M/hour

Updated with realistic numbers.
Rath Kelbore
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#31 - 2013-06-14 16:48:40 UTC
Tom Gerard wrote:
Number 17 wrote:

200m
7m
3m
22k * 2k = 44m

254m/hour

Confirming this is what the average mission runner can expect to make.

I plan on living forever.......so far, so good.

Kilastria Mog'oran
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#32 - 2013-06-14 17:24:23 UTC
Well if you are interested in looking at it this way, I can say this:

Back in 2005 I specifically remember people selling ISK on ebay for around $150.00 US for 400 million ISK. (yes, I am well aware it was against the EULA....and no, I never needed to do this. I always made ISK from trading back then.)

That would give you an approximate value of 2,650,000 ISK per $1.00 US.

Today you can buy 6 PLEX for $104.97 USD equaling $17.50 US per PLEX.

That would give you an approximate value of 31,400,000 ISK per $1.00 US assuming a PLEX price of 550 million ISK.

So you are looking at a devaluation of almost a factor of 12 from 2005 - 2013.

Seems about right to me because I remember making LONG trading runs to earn what I can earn in a few minutes now.

Beekeeper Bob
Beekeepers Anonymous
#33 - 2013-06-14 17:40:25 UTC
Number 17 wrote:

The devaluation of isk is tied to CCP's anti-RMT campaign. The ability to meaningfully RMT has been reduced to a few large alliances with the income to use on it, and after years of neglect, they are finally attacking that income as well.

Unfortunately they will go overboard on it, and make holding space a losing proposition...Lol

Signature removed - CCP Eterne

Shizuken
Venerated Stars
#34 - 2013-06-14 17:44:25 UTC
FloppieTheBanjoClown wrote:
Missions, incursions, and wormhole blue loot are the cause. And possibly FW (I have no direct experience with the amount of isk generated in that particular endeavor)

The solution is to explode more ships as they are in the process of farming those things.

Module drops and ship explosions do not add or subtract, respectively, from the money supply. A better solution is to either nerf bounties (The single biggest faucet for ISK), or increase the market tax rate.

As a trader I vote for the former, as the latter cuts into my bottom line, and I am already a net sink for ISK in this game. So I am actually making the problem better already.
Sipphakta en Gravonere
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#35 - 2013-06-14 17:53:29 UTC
Capt Tenguru10 wrote:
FlamesOfHeaven wrote:

cough exploration cough

How much ISK is injected into the economy through exploration?
Lipbite
Express Hauler
#36 - 2013-06-14 19:01:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Lipbite
It depends on measure: price for some ships doubled (freighters, dreads, battleships) and at the same time some ships dropped in value for 30% during last year (logis).

Sipphakta en Gravonere wrote:
Capt Tenguru10 wrote:
FlamesOfHeaven wrote:

cough exploration cough

I bet much less than from relatively safe null-sec ratting where people boast 55mil per tick (~150mil per hour *in cash*) income while soloing in battleship.
Sipphakta en Gravonere
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#37 - 2013-06-14 19:15:41 UTC
Lipbite wrote:
It depends on measure: price for some ships doubled (freighters, dreads, battleships) and at the same time some ships dropped in value for 30% during last year (logis).

Sipphakta en Gravonere wrote:
Capt Tenguru10 wrote:
FlamesOfHeaven wrote:

cough exploration cough

I bet much less than from relatively safe null-sec ratting where people boast 55mil per tick (~150mil per hour *in cash*) income while soloing in battleship.

Anything, even ratting in highsec, injects more ISK into the economy than exploration. The thing about nullsec anomalies being insanely profitable (they nerfed the ISK/hour in Odyssey) is true, but paints a false picture. Due to the limited amount of high value anomalies, even the best 0.0 systems can support maybe 10 people actively ratting - as opposed to the unlimited amount of missions available in a single high sec systems.
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#38 - 2013-06-14 19:18:31 UTC
I blame the gun mining nerf! a few years back I could run a few missions a night and build a few battleships with the loot. add to that all the drone poo and tech 1 stuff was super cheap! prices kept going down because the mineral supply was increasing faster than the isk supply. now it seems to me that loot is pretty much worthless.

CCP just added a bunch of low end minerals to high end ore, so that might help a bit. and tbh I haven't been paying any attention to moon goo or t2 manufacturing.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Bob Blunts
#39 - 2013-06-14 19:34:38 UTC
Beekeeper Bob wrote:
Number 17 wrote:

The devaluation of isk is tied to CCP's anti-RMT campaign. The ability to meaningfully RMT has been reduced to a few large alliances with the income to use on it, and after years of neglect, they are finally attacking that income as well.

Unfortunately they will go overboard on it, and make holding space a losing proposition...Lol

God damn son. You are such a hater. Do you ever post anything besides vile, hateful bullshit?
Oxandrolone
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#40 - 2013-06-15 00:50:45 UTC
There is massive inflation, eve is not a closed economy

People get more SP and become faster and more efficient wth isk making over time

/thread