These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP stll needs to do something about cloaks

First post
Author
Walton Simons
Perfusus Sanguine
Pandemic Horde
#101 - 2013-06-14 16:15:44 UTC
Ace Menda wrote:
Walton Simons wrote:
love how i go afk and there are over 3 more pages lol

Did you put your cloak on or were you decloaked?

No i was docked up like you
Anna Karhunen
Inoue INEXP
#102 - 2013-06-14 16:16:29 UTC
Cloaking is fine as is, as has been explained by so many others. Now, this thread wants me to have a cloak (real, clothe version) with text "AFK" printed on it in the back.

As my old maths teacher used to say: "Statistics are like bikinis: It's what they don't show that's interesting". -CCP Aporia

Toshiro Hasegawa
A Blessed Bean
Pandemic Horde
#103 - 2013-06-14 16:16:49 UTC
TheGunslinger42 wrote:
Toshiro Hasegawa wrote:
Ace Menda wrote:
[quote=Hans Zwaardhandler]D.) Say F-U and continue doing what you want...using PvP ships.

cause pvp ships are good for all tasks in eve ...

You act as if the only way you can pve in nullsec is with minmaxed pve turdboats.

That's not the case, semi-pvp fit ships can do the job just fine. It might be a bit less efficient, but thats the trade off for the added safety.

Or you can continue PVEing in minmaxed ships if you like, just don't be surprised when you're up a creek without a paddle when someone commences pvp

mining tengu?
haul with an nagga

---- but yes i get the point --- dont get ur kickers in a twist ---

History is the study of change.

Ace Menda
Gemini Lounge
#104 - 2013-06-14 16:17:13 UTC
Walton Simons wrote:
Ace Menda wrote:
Walton Simons wrote:

Did you put your cloak on or were you decloaked?

No i was docked up like you

How do you know that I only station spin lately....

Are you behind my door?

Are you in need of some nice chat? Are you new and want some help? Look no further and join: Crazy Dutch Guy

MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#105 - 2013-06-14 16:18:09 UTC
:( no one responded to my funny eric the viking link...

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

Ace Menda
Gemini Lounge
#106 - 2013-06-14 16:19:42 UTC
Toshiro Hasegawa wrote:
Ace Menda wrote:
[quote=Hans Zwaardhandler]D.) Say F-U and continue doing what you want...using PvP ships.

You do know that if you grab a group of corp members...you can rat in PvP ships.

I have done it in the past with group of stealth bombers.

Okay, you ahve to share the bounties...so carebears won't like that idea.

Are you in need of some nice chat? Are you new and want some help? Look no further and join: Crazy Dutch Guy

James 420
EVE Corporation 98188875
#107 - 2013-06-14 16:21:17 UTC
Nullbaby whining about cloaky alts? Can't bear in peace? Delicious tears ahahahahahahhaah LolLol
That's like when high sec miners whine about suicide ganker alts, hilarious. Bear
Working as intended get friends to protect you when you mine/rat, deal with it., if anything CCP should buff cloaks.

Proud enforcer of 420 BLAZE IT

Toshiro Hasegawa
A Blessed Bean
Pandemic Horde
#108 - 2013-06-14 16:21:27 UTC
Ace Menda wrote:
[quote=E-2C Hawkeye]And I never complained or was bothered with cloaky campers. It's knowing how to use D-scan...

You just are like all the typical carebears in null that complain when they can't make their ISK.

a) Cloaked ships dont show up on D-scan

b) whats wrong with wanting to make lots and lots of isk ?

Hans Zwaardhandler
Habitual Euthanasia
Pandemic Legion
#109 - 2013-06-14 16:21:32 UTC
Ace Menda wrote:
You don't even know you have guest around...cause there is no local

now minimize local in null-sec....you have W space system, if you don't see them...they aren't there

But. Carebears don't like that, it messes up their sense of security.

My point exactly, you can't know that there is a guest in local in wormhole space unless they are uncloaked (and you are mashing D-Scan), you have a scout on a wormhole keeping track of who comes in/out, and the fact that you can control the entryways to the wormhole through collapsing connections with the added benefit of no cynos able to be lit.

So again, it is comparing two cats of a different coat, something you seem to not be able to understand.
handbanana
State War Academy
Caldari State
#110 - 2013-06-14 16:22:25 UTC
Walton Simons wrote:

CCP stll needs to do something about AFK cloaking threads

Fixed.

“It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.”    -Jack Handy

Covert0ne
V0LTA
WE FORM V0LTA
#111 - 2013-06-14 16:22:37 UTC
If I want to live out my Harry Potter invisibility fantasies in MY sandbox game then I will. grrrrr.

War Crime Syndicate are recruiting!

Lady Spank
Get Out Nasty Face
#112 - 2013-06-14 16:22:43 UTC
Used to rat in null using a PvP fit Enyo.

(ಠ_ృ) ~ It Takes a Million Years to Become Diamonds So Lets Just Burn Like Coal Until the Sky's Black ~ (ಠ_ృ)

Walton Simons
Perfusus Sanguine
Pandemic Horde
#113 - 2013-06-14 16:22:53 UTC
James 420 wrote:
Nullbaby whining about cloaky alts? Can't bear in peace? Delicious tears ahahahahahahhaah LolLol
That's like when high sec miners whine about suicide ganker alts, hilarious. Bear
Working as intended get friends to protect you when you mine/rat, deal with it., if anything CCP should buff cloaks.

Get off your alt high sec bear
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#114 - 2013-06-14 16:23:37 UTC
Walton Simons wrote:
Ramona McCandless wrote:
Walton Simons wrote:

See?

Depends what your trying to get me to seeeeee

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-FIF75MGMmlA/TyhVkv28zqI/AAAAAAAAgV4/-BEsbVgkOfw/s1600/article-2094339-1188DE0C000005DC-318_634x473.jpg

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

KaraStarbuckThrace
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#115 - 2013-06-14 16:24:00 UTC
Walton Simons wrote:
CCP stll needs to do something about cloaks, i mean seriously one click and your invisible for all day, can't do **** cause this one person wants to afk with a cyno rapier in the middle of space

it's ok though, cloak takes no cap and you can't find the person unless he magically decloaks while afk but you know that won't happen while hes in the middle of space and there is noting there

in my opinion cloaks are very op and need a nerf :) like the prices of dreads need a nerf lol

Posting in I'm scared of afk players No. 14235
Derath Ellecon
ATRAX.
Shadow Cartel
#116 - 2013-06-14 16:24:06 UTC
Hans Zwaardhandler wrote:
Derath Ellecon wrote:
Hans Zwaardhandler wrote:
Random Woman wrote:
Remove Local, problem solved. Dont hear much afk cloaking whining from the wh croud. No local seemed to have fixed it for em.

Except for the fact that, as it has been mentioned before in other threads, that wormholes are unique in a variety of ways; you actually have to probe down the wormhole entrance, the wormhole can collapse and reshuffle to another position, and you cannot cyno in a wormhole system, which prevents drops and such.

So, comparing the tired old argument of local/cloaking in lowsec/nullsec vs. wormhole space is pointless given that they are not equal.

Yes they are different, but many aspects of the comparison still hold true.

You don't need hotdrops in WH space because you can sneak an entire cloaky fleet in undetected. I'd say hotdrops are a side efffect of local as well, trying to storm in from a gate spikes local giving people time to react.

Yea wormholes collapse, others show up. Unless you want to sit inside all day from downtime there is generally no way to be absolutely sure you are alone in a system.

Bottom line however is that WH folk have learned how to deal with these situations and manage to leave their POS shields anyway.

Very true.

On the other hand, for all of those people to come through the wormhole, they need to find it and smuggle there way in first; this can be observed by someone with an observing character in a cloaked ship on the wormhole, which gives time to react in such a situation. Whereas in nullsec, they can be in an entirely different region sitting on a titan/black ops battleship waiting for the cyno lighter to say that they are ready, and suddenly you have ships everywhere without the possibility of knowing that they were forming up.

Again, nullsec and wormhole space cannot really be compared to each other because they were built and designed differently from each other, and removing local from the game won't fix the problem, as it is a very shortsighted "fix".

Yes, only if you have eyes on the WH. On the other hand, unless you are watching all day you'd never know. Since Jump statistics no longer exist for WH space you cannot even go to a map resource and see if anyone has jumped in or out during the day

And no I am not saying as a result that the complete removal of local is the "fix" as WH space is designed differently. Personally I think local should be some player driven thing. So like in HS, local is driven by the technology in place by concord and works everywhere.

In LS maybe local would only work within a certain distance of NPC structures (namely gates and stations).

in 0.0 local would be driven by some sort of SOV structure, which would mean that maybe you could get local in certain systems but not all, or it would work partially depending on upgrades. Either way it at least makes local less "perfect" with some dead spots where someone could hide.
Walton Simons
Perfusus Sanguine
Pandemic Horde
#117 - 2013-06-14 16:25:04 UTC
KaraStarbuckThrace wrote:
Walton Simons wrote:
CCP stll needs to do something about cloaks, i mean seriously one click and your invisible for all day, can't do **** cause this one person wants to afk with a cyno rapier in the middle of space

it's ok though, cloak takes no cap and you can't find the person unless he magically decloaks while afk but you know that won't happen while hes in the middle of space and there is noting there

in my opinion cloaks are very op and need a nerf :) like the prices of dreads need a nerf lol

Posting from a indy character with no combat skills and stays in high sec
James 420
EVE Corporation 98188875
#118 - 2013-06-14 16:26:38 UTC
Walton Simons wrote:
James 420 wrote:

Get off your alt high sec bear

Not a bear, not living in high sec.
More tears please, I might be cloaky in your ss right now. Pirate
Cloak is working as intended, cry more ahahah. Bear

Proud enforcer of 420 BLAZE IT

KaraStarbuckThrace
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#119 - 2013-06-14 16:27:10 UTC  |  Edited by: KaraStarbuckThrace
Walton Simons wrote:
KaraStarbuckThrace wrote:
Walton Simons wrote:

Posting from a indy character with no combat skills and stays in high sec

Yes because I have no alts :)

Also for a Indy toon, some would say not bad kills :)

P.S

Your the one crying on the forums scared of somebody who is afk :)
Toshiro Hasegawa
A Blessed Bean
Pandemic Horde
#120 - 2013-06-14 16:27:31 UTC
Ace Menda wrote:
Toshiro Hasegawa wrote:
Ace Menda wrote:

You do know that if you grab a group of corp members...you can rat in PvP ships.

I have done it in the past with group of stealth bombers.

Okay, you ahve to share the bounties...so carebears won't like that idea.

and mine in your pvp ships
and haul in your pvp ships
and you can only play when a bunch of friends are on

all because 1 toon is in local and could be afk (no threat) or could be ready to hotdrop a well equiped fleet on your ass (big threat)

you have to assume the latter if you are wise or frugal or in tune with murphys law -- so now 1 toon with no cost to themselves forces a whole bunch of other peple to adapt to their presence - with no risk to themselves, to no cost to themselves, without having to have pvp ships or corp m8s .. because of their potential threat. over powered indeed.