These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Ratting] Clone Soldier Farming

Author
Nar Tha
Doomheim
#1 - 2013-06-10 23:53:12 UTC
Hey guys.

Prior to the Odyssey release devs have confirmed on various occasions, that the new clone soldier NPC's (Tags for Security Status) are not entirely random spawned across low sec. Instead, there are some systems where they will spawn more frequently.

I'm trying to figure out this spawn pattern. If you'd ike to help, please leave a message with your finds of clone soldier NPC's. Try to give as much info as you can, like the number and types of clone soldiers you found, the system name, how often did you check the belts, etc.

Here's an example:
Quote:
2x Recruiter in Akila (Domain)
1x Recruiter in Petidu (Genesis)
2x Recruiter in Bantish (Genesis)

- checked every belt once

If you have any theories on how they spawn yourself, please share them. :) Thank you.
imbaRabbit
Not War Eligible
#2 - 2013-06-11 08:46:11 UTC  |  Edited by: imbaRabbit
It could be that the spawns are based only on the LOW-sec security status:

- 0.4 = Trainer (1 M bounty)
- 0.3 = Recruiter (1.25 M bounty)
- 0.2 = Transporter (1.5 M bounty; has web)
- 0.1 = Negotiator (?) - never saw this one.

I've farmed in 0.4 for a while, and didn't get anything else than Trainers.

Then I've moved out in the 0.2 and I didn't get anything else than Transporters. But my friend told me that he got Trainers. I can't confirm that.

After that I've moved to 0.3 and have seen only Recruiters.

I didn't check up the 0.1 because I've decided to do fast relic/data sites after realization of good drops.

What pays of the most?

Looking at EvE central, the tags are being sold as following (buy orders only - you can try to sell your tag by any price you want):

- Trainer tag ( ~ 9 M http://eve-central.com/home/quicklook.html?typeid=33138 ).

- Recruiter tag ( ~ 17 M http://eve-central.com/home/quicklook.html?typeid=33139 ).

- Transporter ( ~ 90 M http://eve-central.com/home/quicklook.html?typeid=33140 ).

- Negotiator ( ~ 52 M http://eve-central.com/home/quicklook.html?typeid=33141 ).

When do they spawn and how to farm?

They re-spawn as normal belt NPCs (but it does not mean you will get them instantly as you kill them! it's all about luck).

You have to kill the NPC all the time. They have % to spawn. The more you kill, you're more closer to your goal.

The have a re-spawn timer of 15 (?) minutes.

Just circle around the same system, and kill all on your way.

Find a LOW-sec system which is far away from the "pipe" if you don't want to get disturbed.

Optimal LOW-sec system:

- At least 0.2 (transporter soldiers).
- No station in system.
- At least 14 belts (I like that number).
- System should not be 'transport' route or a 'connection' between main pockets or gang routes.

Sorry that I'm keeping this short as it is, but you can use the search function for more information about belt spawning/farming.

Which ship you should use?

For me, the best option would be drone boat with aggressive drones - no need for ammunition.

Fit the cloak (prototype cloaking device) if you're not a ship which can use covert-ops.

Enjoy your farm.
Nar Tha
Doomheim
#3 - 2013-06-11 09:40:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Nar Tha
Hey. Thanks for the info but this is not exactly what I'm looking for. I'm trying to figure where the hotspot systems for these guys are. Because, according to devs, there is something like this.

Also, I think the you might be wrong on how they are distributed. From my experience it's more like this:
0.4 = Trainer
0.3 = Recruiter
0.2 = Transporter
0.1 = Negotiator

Which would also make more sense compared to which tags are used for which bands of security status. I'm also not sure if you can really find for example Trainers in lower sec systems, too. I've only seen the one specific type of clone soldier per system sec class.
imbaRabbit
Not War Eligible
#4 - 2013-06-11 09:46:47 UTC  |  Edited by: imbaRabbit
Might be that I screwed the second and forth yes. I don't recall anything other than Trainer/Transporter and being 100% sure that I've seen them and farmed them. Since those were the major bands I've been looking at. But if there is such things as hot-spots, which I don't think there are, then please give us information. Main issues is that I've sold tags ASAP and I don't see which ones I've sold. But I do know I haven't been in 0.1.

I'll correct my information based on your post.
Nar Tha
Doomheim
#5 - 2013-06-11 09:58:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Nar Tha
Yeah, I think your observations make sense then.

Also, listen closely to what Fozzie says here: http://www.twitch.tv/ccp/b/409921538?t=25m30s
I recall Masterplan hinting at this at Fanfest or in some forum post, too.

There is a hidden spawn pattern, making some systems more efficient / valuable to farm for clone soldiers than others.
imbaRabbit
Not War Eligible
#6 - 2013-06-11 10:06:23 UTC  |  Edited by: imbaRabbit
It could be that there's a hidden pattern, but it could be that their pattern is not working as well :)! Would not be the first time that something does not work as intended.

EDIT: Anyway, I'll not be posting here anymore since I don't have required information. Who knows, if I get tired of the NULL sec exploration, then I'll look into the new NPC spawns. Also, if there are things like hot-spots, people will probably not like to share that information since it'll create stress environment where they'll not be able to farm as efficient as they do right now!
Martial Coup
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2013-06-14 15:24:43 UTC
Email me if you want more info on these clone soldier tags. I'm selling loads of em.
Seraph Castillon
Andromeda Corp
#8 - 2013-06-14 17:10:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Seraph Castillon
A distribution according to sec status seems likely. I've not seen anything to go against it. I think it's a bit sad that they've oversimplified it like that.
Martial Coup
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#9 - 2013-06-14 18:49:31 UTC
Seraph Castillon wrote:
A distribution according to sec status seems likely. I've not seen anything to go against it. I think it's a bit sad that they've oversimplified it like that.

This is not true.