These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Movie heroes and villains never meeting?

Author
Zimmy Zeta
Perkone
Caldari State
#21 - 2013-06-14 08:41:19 UTC
Naomi Hale wrote:
Malaclypse Muscaria wrote:
No more heroes nor villains, just fractured egos wallowing in their own entropy - that's the sort of movies I would like to see.

So, 'Prometheus' fan then?

Sounds more like stuff like "Sin City", where about everyone is a villain and you chose to sympathize with the lesser psychopath..

I'd like to apologize for the poor quality of the post above and sincerely hope you didn't waste your time reading it. Yes, I do feel bad about it.

Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#22 - 2013-06-14 09:52:04 UTC
Zimmy Zeta wrote:
Sauron and Frodo

I assume you mean Sauron and Sam.

This thread is about the heroes and villains, after all. Cool
Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#23 - 2013-06-14 14:24:09 UTC
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
Hedian wrote:
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
When the Eve movie comes out, I highly doubt that Unsuccessful at Everything and CCP Eterne would meet face to face....

But then again...no one really knows which one is the hero and which one is the villian either....... Thats what we call a twist Big smile.

Your char. is too ugly to be in a movie...

Hedian the unknown however. That would be thrilling!

There is always room for evil henchmen..... You could be my second in command who falls in love with the girl....and is subsequently executed for allowing her to escape.

I will also need expendable henchmen with terrible aim....so if you know anyone...

If you need one of those guys in kung fu movies who comes running up just to get kicked down by the hero, I can do that.

Jack & Elwood and the head cop (John Candy)
Naomi Hale
#24 - 2013-06-14 14:42:26 UTC
Khergit Deserters wrote:
Jack & Elwood and the head cop (John Candy)

Do you mean Jake & Elwood Blues?

I'm Naomi Hale and this is my favourite thread on the forums.

Kijo Rikki
Killboard Padding Services
#25 - 2013-06-14 15:28:42 UTC
Might be a stretch of the spirit of the rules, but We Were Soldiers, Mel Gibson's character and the North Vietnamese Commander never meet.

You make a valid point, good Sir or Madam. 

Angelique Duchemin
Team Evil
#26 - 2013-06-14 15:47:21 UTC
Die Hard 3.

The very sun of heaven seemed distorted when viewed through the polarising miasma welling out from this sea-soaked perversion, and twisted menace and suspense lurked leeringly in those crazily elusive angles of carven rock where a second glance shewed concavity after the first shewed convexity.

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#27 - 2013-06-14 16:23:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Krixtal Icefluxor
Naomi Hale wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Erm....Luke and Darth Vader in the original Episode IV (we didn't know it would have sequels).

Aren't they in the same scene when Vader kills Kenobi? Luke shoots at him doesn't he?

No. Happens in the distance. They exchange no dialogue.

If being shot at, Vader would not have been foot-prodding Kenobi's robes.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#28 - 2013-06-14 16:27:06 UTC
Naomi Hale wrote:
Zimmy Zeta wrote:
Sauron and Frodo

Or Sauron and anyone in those books, except maybe Pippin with the Palantír.

I always think of Gollum as Frodo's antagonist more than Sauron though.

Gollum has a fun couple of years being tortured by Sauron, actually.

That's why the Black Riders know the name "Baggins". They tortured it out of him.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#29 - 2013-06-14 16:28:48 UTC
Surfin's PlunderBunny wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Erm....Luke and Darth Vader in the original Episode IV (we didn't know it would have sequels).

If we're going that way I'm adding Yoda and Palpatine... they didn't fight until one of the sequels that was actually a prequel (when they had better technology somehow)

*Edit: Though it's been years.... forgot who that guy was where Yoda does all the flipping and **** Big smile

Count Dooku.....Christopher Lee

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#30 - 2013-06-14 16:31:18 UTC
Malaclypse Muscaria wrote:
No more heroes nor villains, just fractured egos wallowing in their own entropy - that's the sort of movies I would like to see.

Well, Travis Bickle of "Taxi Driver" qualifies for that. But to make money, movies have to have clear villains and heroes or the general public can't understand what's going on. Really.

Zimmy Zeta
Perkone
Caldari State
#31 - 2013-06-14 23:29:16 UTC
Akirei Scytale wrote:
Zimmy Zeta wrote:
Sauron and Frodo

I assume you mean Sauron and Sam.

This thread is about the heroes and villains, after all. Cool

I never considered Sam especially evil- but that Frodo guy, destroying Sauron's favorite ring after he has gifted those rings to all his best friends... no, just, no. Twisted

I'd like to apologize for the poor quality of the post above and sincerely hope you didn't waste your time reading it. Yes, I do feel bad about it.

Malaclypse Muscaria
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#32 - 2013-06-14 23:37:30 UTC
Zimmy Zeta wrote:
I never considered Sam especially evil- but that Frodo guy, destroying Sauron's favorite ring after he has gifted those rings to all his best friends... no, just, no. Twisted

There's always two sides to every story, isn't there? Blink

The Last Ringbearer: Middle-earth according to Mordor

"In Yeskov’s retelling, the wizard Gandalf is a war-monger intent on crushing the scientific and technological initiative of Mordor and its southern allies because science “destroys the harmony of the world and dries up the souls of men!” He’s in cahoots with the elves, who aim to become “masters of the world,” and turn Middle-earth into a “bad copy” of their magical homeland across the sea. Barad-dur, also known as the Dark Tower and Sauron’s citadel, is, by contrast, described as “that amazing city of alchemists and poets, mechanics and astronomers, philosophers and physicians, the heart of the only civilization in Middle-earth to bet on rational knowledge and bravely pitch its barely adolescent technology against ancient magic.”
jason hill
Red vs Blue Flight Academy
#33 - 2013-06-15 11:56:36 UTC
I reckon sauron got my ring last night .... or was it the curry I had ...plus the six pints Evil
Previous page12