These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Movie heroes and villains never meeting?

Author
Naomi Hale
#1 - 2013-06-13 20:11:14 UTC
Someone pointed out to me, after watching Star Trek into Darkness, that in the original Wrath of Khan, Kirk and Khan are never onscreen at the same time, they talk, see each other on the viewscreen, but there is never a scene where they are face-to-face.

It got me thinking if there were any other movies, games or books like that, where the heroes and villains or protagonist and antagonist never meet. The only one I can think of is 'The Fifth Element' where Bruce Willis and Gary Oldman never meet.

Anyone know any others?

I'm Naomi Hale and this is my favourite thread on the forums.

Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2013-06-13 20:40:03 UTC
Han Solo and Emporer Palpatine Big smile

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

jason hill
Red vs Blue Flight Academy
#3 - 2013-06-13 20:55:12 UTC
there was a film called kiss the girls where two serial killers compared notes ...morgan freeman was the cop in the film trying to chase them both down
Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2013-06-13 21:30:57 UTC
Inspector Gadget and Dr. Claw! Pirate

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Kirjava
Lothian Enterprises
#5 - 2013-06-13 21:34:13 UTC
Surfin's PlunderBunny wrote:
Inspector Gadget and Dr. Claw! Pirate

Who this guy?

[center]Haruhiists - Overloading Out of Pod discussions since 2007. /人◕‿‿◕人\ Unban Saede![/center]

Zimmy Zeta
Perkone
Caldari State
#6 - 2013-06-13 21:37:15 UTC
Sauron and Frodo

I'd like to apologize for the poor quality of the post above and sincerely hope you didn't waste your time reading it. Yes, I do feel bad about it.

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#7 - 2013-06-13 21:37:51 UTC
Erm....Luke and Darth Vader in the original Episode IV (we didn't know it would have sequels).

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#8 - 2013-06-13 21:41:25 UTC
Das Boot, they never meet the English who were driving them to the bottom.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Brujo Loco
Brujeria Teologica
#9 - 2013-06-13 21:46:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Brujo Loco
The PLEDGE

(spoilers)

He never ever manages to catch/meet/know the bad child killer guy that gave "special" porcupine candy to his victims ... awesome movie, and the ending was BRUTAL. Won´t say more if you haven´t seen it, it´s a bit old. Very good movie.

Inner Sayings of BrujoLoco: http://eve-files.com/sig/brujoloco

Naomi Hale
#10 - 2013-06-13 22:05:27 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Erm....Luke and Darth Vader in the original Episode IV (we didn't know it would have sequels).

Aren't they in the same scene when Vader kills Kenobi? Luke shoots at him doesn't he?

Naomi Hale
#11 - 2013-06-13 22:14:22 UTC
Zimmy Zeta wrote:
Sauron and Frodo

Or Sauron and anyone in those books, except maybe Pippin with the Palantír.

I always think of Gollum as Frodo's antagonist more than Sauron though.

Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2013-06-13 23:37:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Surfin's PlunderBunny
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:

If we're going that way I'm adding Yoda and Palpatine... they didn't fight until one of the sequels that was actually a prequel (when they had better technology somehow)

*Edit: Though it's been years.... forgot who that guy was where Yoda does all the flipping and **** Big smile

Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#13 - 2013-06-13 23:55:46 UTC
When the Eve movie comes out, I highly doubt that Unsuccessful at Everything and CCP Eterne would meet face to face....

But then again...no one really knows which one is the hero and which one is the villian either....... Thats what we call a twist Big smile.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Hedian
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#14 - 2013-06-14 00:05:57 UTC
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
When the Eve movie comes out, I highly doubt that Unsuccessful at Everything and CCP Eterne would meet face to face....

But then again...no one really knows which one is the hero and which one is the villian either....... Thats what we call a twist Big smile.

Your char. is too ugly to be in a movie...

Hedian the unknown however. That would be thrilling!
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#15 - 2013-06-14 00:15:54 UTC
Hedian wrote:
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:

Your char. is too ugly to be in a movie...

Hedian the unknown however. That would be thrilling!

There is always room for evil henchmen..... You could be my second in command who falls in love with the girl....and is subsequently executed for allowing her to escape.

I will also need expendable henchmen with terrible aim....so if you know anyone...

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Alara IonStorm
#16 - 2013-06-14 01:11:31 UTC
Keyser Söze...

Wait a minute!
Valerie Tessel
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#17 - 2013-06-14 02:03:48 UTC
Naomi Hale wrote:
Zimmy Zeta wrote:
Sauron and Frodo

Gollum was the darker nature of Frodo himself. Frodo's antagonist was the One Ring.

Tactical destroyers... I'll take a dozen Gallente, please.

Naomi Hale
#18 - 2013-06-14 02:06:23 UTC
Valerie Tessel wrote:
Naomi Hale wrote:
Zimmy Zeta wrote:
Sauron and Frodo

Gollum was the darker nature of Frodo himself. Frodo's antagonist was the One Ring.

The one ring that is part of Sauron, so we've come full circle Big smile

Malaclypse Muscaria
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#19 - 2013-06-14 03:53:45 UTC
No more heroes nor villains, just fractured egos wallowing in their own entropy - that's the sort of movies I would like to see.
Naomi Hale
#20 - 2013-06-14 05:37:34 UTC
Malaclypse Muscaria wrote:
No more heroes nor villains, just fractured egos wallowing in their own entropy - that's the sort of movies I would like to see.

So, 'Prometheus' fan then?

12Next page