These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Combat exploration fit

Author
imbaRabbit
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#21 - 2013-06-12 09:35:06 UTC  |  Edited by: imbaRabbit
Thank you very much.

And this is how every thread should be :P. Completed and commented. Of course, there are few more things to add but comes on later stages (Ishtar, LOW/NULL-sec exploration), etc.
Mark Neismith
Singular Inc.
#22 - 2013-06-12 11:42:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Mark Neismith
or ... you can give a try to AFs - it may not be the blitz ship but it is still can do the high-sec combat sites.
something like this:

[Enyo, semi-cheap]
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Capacitor Power Relay II
Adaptive Nano Plating II
Small Armor Repairer II

1MN Afterburner II
Cap Recharger II
Stasis Webifier II

150mm Railgun II, Spike S
Sisters Core Probe Launcher, Sisters Core Scanner Probe

Small Gravity Capacitor Upgrade I

Hobgoblin II x1

cap stable w/o web - you can plink at near 50km with a descent IMHO dmg - whats not to like about it?

Or you can use a blaster fit like this :

[Enyo, high-sec blaster]
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Small Armor Repairer II

1MN Afterburner II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II

Light Ion Blaster II, Null S
Sisters Core Probe Launcher, Sisters Core Scanner Probe

Hobgoblin II x1

Good damage projection - but you have to make it 'close and personal' ;)
imbaRabbit
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#23 - 2013-06-12 12:40:45 UTC  |  Edited by: imbaRabbit
I like Assault Frigate just because it's fun. It's really hard to go from something fast to e.g. Raven and do some missions. That's why I like the HAM Tengu (HAMGU) - it has decent speed and I just like to go around (read: I'm not lazy). It's not better than Golem, but hey, I'm not playing this game because of ISK efficiency. But, obviously, assault frigates are not for everything.
Ylariana
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#24 - 2013-06-12 12:59:50 UTC
Personally I love the Ishkur for this kind of thing.

Current fit needs T2 guns (2 days away) but its like this :

2x Meta 4 Neutron Blasters
Salvager 1
Sisters Launcher n Probes

T2 Ab
Analyser
Cargo Scanner (i'm considering dropping the analyser/scanner since those sites have had the profit ripped out of them by idiotically easy access requirements since 04/06)

2x T2 Drone Damage
T2 Hybrid Damage mod
T2 Armour Rep

Gravity Rig
Thermic Resist Rig

5x T2 Hobs
5x Salvager Drones

It takes ages to kill a Phi BS spawn but it DOES kill it. It easily tanks full room agro for Vigil, Phi Outpost, Drug Factory etc for long enough for T2 Hobs to clear frigates.

Drones give 117DPS, Guns give 75 with AM ammo.
Lots of room for improvement in skills, and I know its not "optimal" fitting but DAYM its fun to fly

I raced a Vexor through the Serp Drug Factory that has two paths to choose from in room 1, I took the larger room, I got to room 3 first ..... ;)

Voider en Bauldry
The Dark Vanguard
Sigma Grindset
#25 - 2013-06-12 19:05:35 UTC
Okay so today i tried the newly fitted navy vexor. I'm really having fun with it and the fit works fine. But i have a question, my drones seems to be dying all the time.
I searched on google and i found out that someone suggested to use sentry drones. would that fix my problem? Or is it just me with ****** drone controll :p. currently im stuck between skilling to hobgoblin T2 or sentry drones.
Kor'el Izia
#26 - 2013-06-12 19:28:20 UTC
Voider en Bauldry wrote:
Okay so today i tried the newly fitted navy vexor. I'm really having fun with it and the fit works fine. But i have a question, my drones seems to be dying all the time.
I searched on google and i found out that someone suggested to use sentry drones. would that fix my problem? Or is it just me with ****** drone controll :p. currently im stuck between skilling to hobgoblin T2 or sentry drones.

You wouldn't have had to search the interwebs had you read the thread, as was suggested by Tauranon, using sentries greatly decreases the running times

Plugging Tauranon's fit into EVEHQ and upgrading everything to T2(my skills allow it) except for the rigs and Probe launcher grant's me cap stability at 23% and 689 DPS, rather nice. I however didn't have to fit the last CCC rig to do so...what to plug in that last hole?
imbaRabbit
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#27 - 2013-06-12 19:36:11 UTC  |  Edited by: imbaRabbit
Voider en Bauldry wrote:

Managing drones takes some time to learn.

On the first page (at the end of it, you have the fit for Sentry drones). Check them up, and see what skills you need to learn and then give them a try.
Tauranon
Weeesearch
CAStabouts
#28 - 2013-06-12 23:15:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Tauranon
Kor'el Izia wrote:
Voider en Bauldry wrote:

You wouldn't have had to search the interwebs had you read the thread, as was suggested by Tauranon, using sentries greatly decreases the running times

Plugging Tauranon's fit into EVEHQ and upgrading everything to T2(my skills allow it) except for the rigs and Probe launcher grant's me cap stability at 23% and 689 DPS, rather nice. I however didn't have to fit the last CCC rig to do so...what to plug in that last hole?

If you have good fitting skills you should have sufficient spare cpu and cap so you can remove the armor coating, put another drone damage amp on, and use an aux nano pump to keep the tank at the same level as it is now.

It is a really common fitting theme with gallente boats when you try to get the most out of them that you exchange resists for aux nanos, so you can free up a low for a damage mod.
Kor'el Izia
#29 - 2013-06-12 23:56:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Kor'el Izia
Tauranon wrote:
Kor'el Izia wrote:

If you have good fitting skills you should have sufficient spare cpu and cap so you can remove the armor coating, put another drone damage amp on, and use an aux nano pump to keep the tank at the same level as it is now.

It is a really common fitting theme with gallente boats when you try to get the most out of them that you exchange resists for aux nanos, so you can free up a low for a damage mod.

I had to downgrade the rails and armor hardeners back to the level you had specified in order for this to fit, the T2 hardeners had to go, and I have all skills relating to fitting for this ship and modules maxed, leaving me with the following changes from your original;

• Omni I -> Omni II
  • AB I -> AB II
  • Kinetic Plating -> Drone Damage Amplifier II
  • CCC -> Auxiliary Nano Pump
  • Medium Armor Repairer I -> Medium Armor Repairer II

Edit: This changes the cap from stable to lasting 36m with everything running, so pretty much still cap-stable.
It increased the DPS by 90 and increased the DPS it could tank from 64 to 79
Tauranon
Weeesearch
CAStabouts
#30 - 2013-06-13 00:17:44 UTC
Kor'el Izia wrote:

I had to downgrade the rails and armor hardeners back to the level you had specified in order for this to fit, the T2 hardeners had to go, and I have all skills relating to fitting for this ship and modules maxed, leaving me with the following changes from your original;

• Omni I -> Omni II
  • AB I -> AB II
  • Kinetic Plating -> Drone Damage Amplifier II
  • CCC -> Auxiliary Nano Pump
  • Medium Armor Repairer I -> Medium Armor Repairer II

Edit: This changes the cap from stable to lasting 36m with everything running, so pretty much still cap-stable.
It increased the DPS by 90 and increased the DPS it could tank from 64 to 79

Change 1 hardener to shadow serpentis, the other to T2 - it should still fit, and will give you the 55% per hardener that is preferable. I have to do that with ishtars quite often too as they are really cpu limited.

Also the tank shown is gurista/serpentis or "racial" tank, its not an omni tank - ie I'd set up your fit tool to have a 50:50 kin/therm damage profile (or similar) so you can see what it will tank vs gurista and serpentis.
Kor'el Izia
#31 - 2013-06-13 00:39:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Kor'el Izia
@Tauranon
Thanks, much better. I can now see it does tank 139 vs Guristas. For anyone else who didn't follow, this is how it ended up:

[Vexor Navy Issue, Complex]

Shadow Serpentis Armor Thermic Hardener
Armor Kinetic Hardener II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Medium Armor Repairer II

Omnidirectional Tracking Link II
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II
Cap Recharger II
1MN Afterburner II

200mm Prototype Gauss Gun, Iridium Charge M