These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

E3 announcements today

Author
Alice Saki
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#41 - 2013-06-12 15:19:52 UTC
Grimpak wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzmVcasl3ZU

basically, M$ response to PS4 is stick to the 360.

That video sums it up, If I ever get a New console... it'll be Sony this time.

FREEZE! Drop the LIKES AND WALK AWAY! - Currenly rebuilding gaming machine, I will Return.

Kirjava
Lothian Enterprises
#42 - 2013-06-12 15:28:47 UTC
Grimpak wrote:

Which is odd, I thought they wanted people to buy their new system...

[center]Haruhiists - Overloading Out of Pod discussions since 2007. /人◕‿‿◕人\ Unban Saede![/center]

Grimpak
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#43 - 2013-06-12 16:01:58 UTC
Kirjava wrote:
Grimpak wrote:

Which is odd, I thought they wanted people to buy their new system...

indeed. maybe they are expecting brand loyalty?

[img]http://eve-files.com/sig/grimpak[/img]

[quote]The more I know about humans, the more I love animals.[/quote] ain't that right

Kirjava
Lothian Enterprises
#44 - 2013-06-12 16:31:43 UTC
"Microsoft Xbox Executive Do..." This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Viacom."

Wow. Just wow.

[center]Haruhiists - Overloading Out of Pod discussions since 2007. /人◕‿‿◕人\ Unban Saede![/center]

Frank Millar
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#45 - 2013-06-12 17:10:58 UTC
What a trainwreck. Ugh
Kirjava
Lothian Enterprises
#46 - 2013-06-12 17:13:17 UTC
#dealwithit

Aragoni
Black Talon Command
#47 - 2013-06-12 17:31:34 UTC
Kirjava wrote:
"Microsoft Xbox Executive Do..." This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Viacom."

Wow. Just wow.

You can find the video here.

Well played, Microsoft, well played. *golfclap* What?
If they keep saying stuff like this it won't be that far until they get a console that sell almost as badly as the Dreamcast. I don't think it will be the last console Microsoft makes considering the prestige and money that goes with having a large slice of the consolemarket, but it will certainly harm both their reputation (which is enough tarnished as it is already) and their income.
I honestly just think that this console, together with Windows 8, just shows the sad state Microsoft is in at the moment. And I believe their wish to be like Apple will just make it even worse.
I still hold some respect for them though but it's disappearing. Bit by bit. Straight
Kirjava
Lothian Enterprises
#48 - 2013-06-12 17:35:40 UTC
Hey, my good sir I take great offence to that insinuation.

The Dreamcast was ahead of its time and a brilliantly unappreciated gaming console, pioneering internet game play, and second screen integrated into the gamepad.

Aragoni
Black Talon Command
#49 - 2013-06-12 17:39:45 UTC
Kirjava wrote:
Hey, my good sir I take great offence to that insinuation.

The Dreamcast was ahead of its time and a brilliantly unappreciated gaming console, pioneering internet game play, and second screen integrated into the gamepad.

No matter how innovative and awesome it might've been, it still sold like it was a giant turd wrapped in plastic.
Reiisha
#50 - 2013-06-12 20:11:45 UTC
Aragoni wrote:
Kirjava wrote:

Wow. Just wow.

If they keep saying stuff like this it won't be that far until they get a console that sell almost as badly as the Dreamcast. I don't think it will be the last console Microsoft makes considering the prestige and money that goes with having a large slice of the consolemarket, but it will certainly harm both their reputation (which is enough tarnished as it is already) and their income.
I honestly just think that this console, together with Windows 8, just shows the sad state Microsoft is in at the moment. And I believe their wish to be like Apple will just make it even worse.
I still hold some respect for them though but it's disappearing. Bit by bit. Straight

All of Microsoft's failings at this moment of time can be traced back to when they fired J Allard and kept Steven Sinofsky. With that decision they firmly planted themselves as a 'business only' company in practice, but stubbornly thought they could still appeal to consumers.

EVERYTHING that's going on at MS right now can be traced to this event: http://news.cnet.com/8301-10805_3-20128013-75/the-inside-story-of-how-microsoft-killed-its-courier-tablet/

At that point MS chose to follow rather than lead.

If you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all...

Angelique Duchemin
Team Evil
#51 - 2013-06-12 20:15:22 UTC
Sony took Microsoft out behind the barn like Old Yeller...

Microsoft will recover though and the next console generation will be an unimpressive one.

The very sun of heaven seemed distorted when viewed through the polarising miasma welling out from this sea-soaked perversion, and twisted menace and suspense lurked leeringly in those crazily elusive angles of carven rock where a second glance shewed concavity after the first shewed convexity.

Kirjava
Lothian Enterprises
#52 - 2013-06-13 01:00:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Kirjava
Xbox One will only work in the following nations.

Australia
Austria
Belgium
Brazil
Canada
Denmark
Finland
France
Germany
Ireland
Italy
Mexico
Netherlands
New Zealand
Norway
Russia
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
United Kingdom
United States

Wow, I guess since Icelands not on the list that rules out Dust, and that everyone else not on the list is advised to buy a 360. So thats about half of Europe by my reckoning, and all of South America, Africa, Middle East and Asia.

They do know theres a fair few people that play computer games live in Japan/Korea right?

This gets better all the damn time...

Eli Green
The Arrow Project
#53 - 2013-06-13 01:48:06 UTC
New super smash bros. guess i'm getting a Wii U...

edit: dat villager Shocked

wumbo

Freakdevil
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#54 - 2013-06-13 03:42:07 UTC
If I had to pick, it would be Sony. They seem to be more focused on the user experience. Plus I am hoping their will be some crossover to the mobile market with their gear.

M$ can kiss my petula.
Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#55 - 2013-06-13 03:46:58 UTC
I love being a PC gamer... I don't care about the new consoles Cool

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Hesod Adee
Perkone
Caldari State
#56 - 2013-06-13 03:51:39 UTC
The more I see from Microsoft, the more I'm starting to think they are trying to kill the Xbox One.

Quote:
Wow, I guess since Icelands not on the list that rules out Dust, and that everyone else not on the list is advised to buy a 360. So thats about half of Europe by my reckoning, and all of South America, Africa, Middle East and Asia.

They do know theres a fair few people that play computer games live in Japan/Korea right?

Lets make a list of games that were shown off in the Xbox conference, but are developed in countries where the Xbone won't work. I'll start with The Witcher 3, Developed in Poland.

I wonder how those devs are going to react to being told that they are allowed to develop a game, but that they aren't allowed to play the Xbone version of the game they develop.
Or how they plan to test the Xbone version before releasing it.
Laizur
Doomheim
#57 - 2013-06-13 03:56:24 UTC
I'm hoping for a new Ratchet & Clank , Killzone, Armored Core and Crash Bandicoot.
Aragoni
Black Talon Command
#58 - 2013-06-13 06:57:34 UTC
Reiisha wrote:
Aragoni wrote:
Kirjava wrote:

Wow. Just wow.

All of Microsoft's failings at this moment of time can be traced back to when they fired J Allard and kept Steven Sinofsky. With that decision they firmly planted themselves as a 'business only' company in practice, but stubbornly thought they could still appeal to consumers.

EVERYTHING that's going on at MS right now can be traced to this event: http://news.cnet.com/8301-10805_3-20128013-75/the-inside-story-of-how-microsoft-killed-its-courier-tablet/

At that point MS chose to follow rather than lead.

That was a very interesting article as I had no idea about courier. Thanks. Smile
Graygor
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#59 - 2013-06-13 07:17:35 UTC
Aragoni wrote:

This man should not be allowed in front of a camera. Props to the interviewer for leading him down the garden path.

"I think you should buy a new Mayan calendar. Mine has muscle cars on it." - Kenneth O'Hara

"I dont think that can happen, you can see Gray has his invuln field on in his portrait." - Commissar "Cake" Kate

Hesod Adee
Perkone
Caldari State
#60 - 2013-06-13 08:19:23 UTC
Graygor wrote:
Aragoni wrote:

This man should not be allowed in front of a camera. Props to the interviewer for leading him down the garden path.

Yet he is one of the major faces of the Xbone marketing campaign.

It's like Microsoft is thinking that they don't have any significant competition, meaning that consumers will still buy the Xbone no matter how badly they screw up.