These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

While we are doing massive changes to the game.

First post
Author
Ai Mei
Starfish Operating Syndicate
#1 - 2011-11-07 02:50:51 UTC
Can we make it so incursions challenge 0.0 sov? If you dont finish them a sansha capital fleet comes in and attack the TCU's?
Then have them drop their own TCU and claim it in the name of the nation and set up pos towers.

Come on.

you know you want to. The tears would be amazing.
mkint
#2 - 2011-11-07 02:52:46 UTC
there are massive changes being made to the game? Last I checked, it's just simple graphics and simple database entries. Oh, and apparently some more poorly thought out UI stuff.

Pretty sure winter is about NOT changing the game. Hopefully summer will.

Maxim 6. If violence wasn’t your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.

Renan Ruivo
Forcas armadas
Brave Collective
#3 - 2011-11-07 03:09:12 UTC
So you want Sansha to grind sov for days on end, dealing with timers, just so he can get a handfull of systems?

Don't think he is too interested...

The world is a community of idiots doing a series of things until it explodes and we all die.

Pesky LaRue
Mercatoris
#4 - 2011-11-07 03:10:01 UTC
mkint wrote:
there are massive changes being made to the game? Last I checked, it's just simple graphics and simple database entries. Oh, and apparently some more poorly thought out UI stuff.

good luck
Ai Mei
#5 - 2011-11-07 03:12:12 UTC
Renan Ruivo wrote:
So you want Sansha to grind sov for days on end, dealing with timers, just so he can get a handfull of systems?

Don't think he is too interested...

Well the idea really is this. Sometimes huge power blocks dont get challenged properly, but by losing a few systems to sansha, this allows a hole in their defense to allow a proper attack.
Henry Haphorn
Killer Yankee
#6 - 2011-11-07 03:13:29 UTC
Pesky LaRue wrote:
mkint wrote:

good luck

LOL That was funny!

Adapt or Die

Ai Mei
#7 - 2011-11-07 03:17:45 UTC
still what about it? npcs attack everything else, why cant they attack sov related stuff or towers. in 0.0 nothing should be safe from anything.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#8 - 2011-11-07 03:24:06 UTC
Ai Mei wrote:
npcs attack everything else, why cant they attack sov related stuff or towers.
Yes, if by “everything else” you mean “nothing except player ships”… so there's no particular reason why they'd suddenly start to attack anything else.
Ai Mei
#9 - 2011-11-07 03:47:59 UTC
ok ok maybe randomly spawn at moons and stations then? something other than just belts and pop players?
Krios Ahzek
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#10 - 2011-11-07 04:07:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Krios Ahzek
You're talking as if an Incursion is a credible threat to a nullsec blob.

(People FARM the damn things, all day every day)

Though All Men Do Despise Us

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#11 - 2011-11-07 04:16:15 UTC
You mean having to kill SBUs with subcaps? To hell with that.

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Ai Mei
#12 - 2011-11-07 04:16:21 UTC
Krios Ahzek wrote:
You're talking as if an Incursion is a credible threat to a nullsec blob.

(People FARM the damn things, all day every day)

only in empire and in areas where test / goons can get to them. I have seen several other 0.0 incursions that never get completed.

Right now Red Citizens and E C L I P S E both have incursion in their space and the bar is at 0. They dont realize they can make a ton of money from it and all they do is ignore it and wait for it go go away in one week.
Razin
The Scope
#13 - 2011-11-07 04:19:29 UTC
Ai Mei wrote:
ok ok maybe randomly spawn at moons and stations then? something other than just belts and pop players?

I'd be ok if Sansha camp gates in the empire incursion systems. The least they can do...
Obsidian Hawk
RONA Midgard Academy
#14 - 2011-11-07 04:25:00 UTC
Razin wrote:
Ai Mei wrote:

I'd be ok if Sansha camp gates in the empire incursion systems. The least they can do...

****, - I have to agree with you on that one. a few eysturs would stir up trouble and woudl be fun.

Why Can't I have a picture signature.

Also please support graphical immersion, bring back the art that brought people to EvE online originaly.

Terminal Insanity
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#15 - 2011-11-07 06:32:18 UTC
Ai Mei wrote:
Can we make it so incursions challenge 0.0 sov? If you dont finish them a sansha capital fleet comes in and attack the TCU's?
Then have them drop their own TCU and claim it in the name of the nation and set up pos towers.

Come on.

you know you want to. The tears would be amazing.

I agree, i would love to see empire space held by real sov mechanics. have Faction Warefare and Incursions play a role in how/where empire sec moves around systems

Dont have perminant highsec links between each of the 4 empires ether. To get from Minmatar to Amarr space, you should be forced to cross at least lowsec space.

Not only does it force more interactions and conflicts, but it also makes more role-play sense... why would two states at war with each other share completely safe border? That border should be war-torn and a hostile environment.

"War declarations are never officially considered griefing and are not a bannable offense, and it has been repeatedly stated by the developers that the possibility for non-consensual PvP is an intended feature." - CCP

Pok Nibin
Doomheim
#16 - 2011-11-07 06:35:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Pok Nibin
and....and...put an ice cream maker in our quarters! and, coke machines!! Make this game GOOD, CCP!!

The right to free speech doesn't automatically carry with it the right to be taken seriously.

CCP Spitfire
C C P
C C P Alliance
#17 - 2011-11-07 07:30:21 UTC
Moved from "EVE General Discussion".

CCP Spitfire | Marketing & Sales Team @ccp_spitfire