These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Broteau to be extradited

Author
Shintoko Akahoshi
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#121 - 2013-06-12 03:11:57 UTC
Katarina Musana wrote:
Shintoko Akahoshi wrote:
Katarina Musana wrote:
Regarding Shintoko's previous comments, I would add that I would be perfectly happy with an alliance with the Federation if they were to actually treat us as equals and treat the alliance as an actual alliance and not us just being a vassal state to be told what to do and how to do it.

Are you trying to argue that the Republic was justified in attacking the Federation because Shakor's feelings were hurt? I don't exactly have a high regard for the man, but that's a bit much for even me to accept.

So when are you going to give up on this rather tired ploy, Shintoko? How many times do I have to remind you that I have repeatedly said that none of this has anything to do with justification of Colelie.

I'll drop it. I don't think either of us is served by continuing to argue with one another.

Bio and writing

(Nothing I say is indicative of corporate policy unless otherwise stated)

Seriphyn Inhonores
Elusenian Cooperative
#122 - 2013-06-12 18:10:42 UTC
Katarina Musana wrote:
How about the fact that ever since we regained our freedom, the Federation has tried to use its influence as our "rescuers" and "supporters/allies" to convince us to drop the traditions we were finally able to resume practice of after so many centuries of slavery because they're "primitive" and "barbaric" by your supposedly enlightened principles? You've also tried to force your precious democratic system on us despite the fact that, at least without some major reworking and modification, it doesn't really work with our tribal culture? But of course you guys think we should just do away with our tribal culture, our heritage that the Amarr tried to take from us and stamp out, that we fought so hard to be able to have back. You want us to just throw that away.

Can you cite an example of an institutional attempt by the Federation at outright cultural imperialism, other than the example of the original Republic constitution being derived from Gallentean concepts? Fringe politicians speaking rhetoric and crazy racists being crazy is one thing, actual institutional attempts are another. To my knowledge, there has been a grand total of zero institutional moves by the Federation to infringe on Minmatar culture.

Therefore, you are making an issue of attempts at cultural imperialism that have ultimately failed. Does this justify the deaths of thousands of Federation and Republic military personnel in Colelie? How do you reconcile the fact that the Republic Fleet likely brought death to Federation Navy personnel of Minmatar origin, considering the Federation is one-third Minmatar? How do you support your claims considering that the Minmatar who reside in the Federation continue to practice mostly all elements of their culture?

Supporting the Republic's actions in Colelie with the line of logic you have provided sets a dangerous precedent; apparently, killing people over hurt feelings is morally acceptable.