These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Tranquility Connectivity Issues - 01:00 UTC - June 12, 2013

First post
Author
Spaminator
Commerce Trade Federation Corporation
#21 - 2013-06-12 02:36:42 UTC
Snack time :)
Sven Viko VIkolander
In space we are briefly free
#22 - 2013-06-12 02:37:01 UTC
Moon Mare Night wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:
Original Post Updated Big smile

UPDATE - 02:30 UTC - Reboot of Tranquility Initiated - ETA 10 minutes.

How does this impact the massive amount of caps and dreads in bubbles in Fountain?
FFS

uhh b/c of falcon
Cephalosa Galactica
conch entertainment
#23 - 2013-06-12 02:37:49 UTC
you guys understand that DDoS or distributed denial of service attack...is actually a small virus on a client computer that starts pinging an ip right? so what next ccp, are you going to recommend that we all format our hardrives? or resolve the damn problem and patch all the holes. We keep having these downtimes,and I pay you guys pretty good money monthly to have the service up and running 24/7 ...i play eve, its all i do, several accounts a few 100's of dollars here and there. See now 50 thousand skill points for downtime is unacceptable...I just jumped into a star that was a disconnected cluster with lots of shinies, should I lose that will you reimburse me? or would you send me the "normal game mechanics" auto-mail? please get your act together. Its getting out of hand. Take control or stop tranquility until you have solved every issue there is and could ever be, like playstation did when they got hacked to ****. You have claimed3 times on the past three patches that you have fixed the black screen when undocking issue, as of right now that's not the case. It is still happening randomly mostly on gates now, so, once again get your act together people. Every minute I don't spend in eve am spending on the net with the possibility of finding another game that takes my interest. Attention
silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#24 - 2013-06-12 02:39:23 UTC
Lasernuts wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:
Lasernuts wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:
The Tranquility cluster is currently experiencing several network issues that began at approximately 01:00 UTC on Wednesday June 12th, 2013.

Our engineers are currently working on resolving these issues, however we may need to reboot Tranquility in order to finalize this process.

Please keep an eye on this thread for further updates regarding the current issues.

UPDATE - 02:08 UTC - We are currently working on restoring full connectivity to Tranquility.

NO COFFEE?!?!

I haven't been to sleep yet, don't need to wake up! Dx

I do have some delicious Raspberry Skyr at my desk though that I'm currently nomming on :3

You still need a big ol can of whoop ass.
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3128/2518554489_1d77dd739a_z.jpg

Wrong initials on the knuckles, there. Should say 'CCP.'

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

Didn't vote? Then you voted for NulBloc

Tweety Bird
Tackled In Belt
#25 - 2013-06-12 02:40:22 UTC
Cephalosa Galactica wrote:
you guys understand that DDoS or distributed denial of service attack...is actually a small virus on a client computer that starts pinging an ip right? so what next ccp, are you going to recommend that we all format our hardrives? or resolve the damn problem and patch all the holes. We keep having these downtimes,and I pay you guys pretty good money monthly to have the service up and running 24/7 ...i play eve, its all i do, several accounts a few 100's of dollars here and there. See now 50 thousand skill points for downtime is unacceptable...I just jumped into a star that was a disconnected cluster with lots of shinies, should I lose that will you reimburse me? or would you send me the "normal game mechanics" auto-mail? please get your act together. Its getting out of hand. Take control or stop tranquility until you have solved every issue there is and could ever be, like playstation did when they got hacked to ****. You have claimed3 times on the past three patches that you have fixed the black screen when undocking issue, as of right now that's not the case. It is still happening randomly mostly on gates now, so, once again get your act together people. Every minute I don't spend in eve am spending on the net with the possibility of finding another game that takes my interest. Attention

Um...no. Good try though, most would buy that inaccurate explanation.
Lasernuts
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#26 - 2013-06-12 02:41:09 UTC

Quit yer whining, or do we need to get you some cheese. DDoS's can attack your level 3 circuit provider(ISP) and take your servers off the net.
Jumpshot244
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#27 - 2013-06-12 02:41:40 UTC
Yay Skillpoints!
silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#28 - 2013-06-12 02:42:06 UTC

> Whiny stuff <

Go away child, the grownups are try to fix things here.

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

Didn't vote? Then you voted for NulBloc

Tycho Antus
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#29 - 2013-06-12 02:44:40 UTC
Good luck to CCP engineers !

Tycho Antus

Former Captain in the Federation Navy

Chief Executive Officer of Reclamation Technologies

Templar Knightsbane
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#30 - 2013-06-12 02:44:59 UTC
So this is where i should begin trollling,

nomnomnom
Jacob Padecain
Jerkasaurus Wrecks Inc.
Sedition.
#31 - 2013-06-12 02:45:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Jacob Padecain

Go outside neckbeard. Beyond their control if it is infact another DDoS. By your logic if hooligans kept smashing the local gym you were a member of (a stretch I know), and they had to keep closing to repair the damage, but offered free vouchers for days missed while they repaired the damage caused by some dinks, they owe it to you to magically stop the attacks from happening cause they inconvenience you. I don't think CCP as a company wants to be DDoSed, nor does it want to be shutting down their servers. If you need to take a few hours away from EvE and feel the need to complain about that, you are likely just a sperglord and let's face it you are playing EvE cause there is no other game to compare to it. Your threats are idle, childish and not founded in reality go home.
Daniel Whateley
#32 - 2013-06-12 02:46:02 UTC
i missed the party, with test and goons fighting, was only 5 jumps away!
Vixtro Diablos
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#33 - 2013-06-12 02:46:13 UTC
Jumpshot244 wrote:
Yay Skillpoints!

Lol, also Goon's lost 2 maybe 3 dreads because of server going down.
Adrian Acktul
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#34 - 2013-06-12 02:46:17 UTC
Pew Pew. Someone is Pew Pewing the server again. see you in 20. Pirate
Vile Belief
Scarlet Trading
#35 - 2013-06-12 02:46:20 UTC
EVE is down and I was streaming my hacking. So now, I stream this forum.

http://www.twitch.tv/tehfamine
Hakaru Ishiwara
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#36 - 2013-06-12 02:46:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Hakaru Ishiwara
Dear CCP: What can we, as a community of subscribers, do to help CCP do a better job when large fleet fights happen and server stability is in question?

+++++++ I have never shed a tear for a fellow EVE player until now. Mark “Seleene” Heard's Blog Honoring Sean "Vile Rat" Smith.

Lasernuts
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#37 - 2013-06-12 02:46:49 UTC
Templar Knightsbane wrote:
So this is where i should begin trollling,

nomnomnom

Trolling is only allowed after CCP has had their Night time coffee during late night fixes
Erotica 1
Krypteia Operations
#38 - 2013-06-12 02:46:52 UTC
I suggest skipping the coffee and going straight for the vodka and cigarettes until the problem is fixed.

Let's just let CCP fix the problem and stop all these rumors. I think we all know Goons and Test have nothing to do with server issues.

Sadly our loving ISD vollunteers cleaning up the forum confusion don't get paid overtime. I think they should be the ones to get awarded 50k free skillpoints each and the rest of us should be rewarded simply by having the servers back up.

See Bio for isk doubling rules. If you didn't read bio, chances are you funded those who did.

Keisher
Ahead Industries and Contracting
#39 - 2013-06-12 02:46:54 UTC
Are the ship wrecks still be there when the server is on?, I'm trying to get my Tengu Wrek and this happen
Anti-social Tendencies
Society for Miner Education
#40 - 2013-06-12 02:46:57 UTC

Whine much?

"Patience: n, a minor form of despair, disguised as a virtue." - AMBROSE PIERCE