These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Combat exploration fit

Author
Voider en Bauldry
The Dark Vanguard
Sigma Grindset
#1 - 2013-06-11 16:14:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Voider en Bauldry
Do anyone have a good exploration fit for combat sites and DED complexes?

I'm only around 3 months old so i cannot fly any t3 cruisers yet.
infact i cannot fly T2 yet either so if anyone has a good T1 fit that would be great.

I have been doing relic and data sites since odyssey came out, and i must say i have been enjoying myself so far. I was thinking of going to null sec for more loot, but since i cant properly hack mainframes i probably wouldn't get much.

I was thinking combat exploration would be good change of pace, hence the topic of good exploration fits :p

Edit: i'm flying gallente ships and im using both blasters and rails.
imbaRabbit
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#2 - 2013-06-11 16:24:32 UTC
Before you even ask such questions, can't you just say what kind of weapon system are you using and which race you've picked up?
Voider en Bauldry
The Dark Vanguard
Sigma Grindset
#3 - 2013-06-11 16:32:42 UTC
imbaRabbit wrote:
Before you even ask such questions, can't you just say what kind of weapon system are you using and which race you've picked up?

Edited my post
imbaRabbit
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#4 - 2013-06-11 16:50:30 UTC  |  Edited by: imbaRabbit
Before I continue, I want to let you know few things. In HIGH-sec you will find DED sites scaling from 1-4 (1/10, 2/10, 3/10, 4/10).

In 1/10 you can enter only with frigates.
In 2/10 you can enter with frigates/destroyers.
In 3/10 you can enter with frigates/destroyers/cruisers. T3's are not allowed.
In 4/10 you can enter with frigates/destroyers/cruisers/battle cruisers. T3's are not allowed.

The higher the site is rated, the more ISK you can get (if you're lucky). So what are you up for? : ).

EDIT: be careful what you want. Your ship has to have Core Probe Launcher if you don't have an alt or a friend!
Zhilia Mann
Tide Way Out Productions
#5 - 2013-06-11 16:51:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Zhilia Mann
I hear good things about the NVexor, but that's really neither a rail boat nor a blaster boat. And actually, that's kind of the trend with Gallente exploration: drones are usually the way to go.

If you can swing that, you can pretty easily get started in a plain Vexor and then choose to either step up to a Myrmidon or a NVexor. Eventually that would lead you to an Ishtar, which is a damn fine ship for exploring.

Edit: oh, and don't go to null in anything short of that Ishtar. You'll just end up disappointed that you can't run any of the sites. Try low sec instead -- and pick your rats carefully.
imbaRabbit
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#6 - 2013-06-11 16:52:50 UTC  |  Edited by: imbaRabbit
Zhilia Mann wrote:
I hear good things about the NVexor, but that's really neither a rail boat nor a blaster boat. And actually, that's kind of the trend with Gallente exploration: drones are usually the way to go.

If you can swing that, you can pretty easily get started in a plain Vexor and then choose to either step up to a Myrmidon or a NVexor. Eventually that would lead you to an Ishtar, which is a damn fine ship for exploring.

^^ I wanted to come to that with just asking series of questions in order to develop process in the mind of guys who're starting off. Just by asking themselves what they want to do and to analyze the information which is out there. Hence coming to a conclusion.

Usually it is Vexor > Navy Vexor > Ishtar.

EDIT: you know there's a plague within the internet world. Everyone just wants solutions without even trying or showing what they've tried.

EDIT #2: I would suggest Imicus for start. You have four drones and you can do Data/Relic sites as well. You can speed tank everything. If you handle the Imicus, then you're ready for the drone boats :). That's my modest opinion.
Voider en Bauldry
The Dark Vanguard
Sigma Grindset
#7 - 2013-06-11 17:01:43 UTC
imbaRabbit wrote:
Zhilia Mann wrote:

^^ I wanted to come to that with just asking series of questions in order to develop process in the mind of guys who're starting off. Just by asking themselves what they want to do and to analyze the information which is out there. Hence coming to a conclusion.

Yeah i have trained drones to V so a droneboat would probably work out great. But on the topic on ded plexes, is it worth getting a destroyer instead and doing the 2/10 complexes? or is the vexor the way to go ?
Zhilia Mann
Tide Way Out Productions
#8 - 2013-06-11 17:05:37 UTC
imbaRabbit wrote:
Zhilia Mann wrote:

EDIT: you know there's a plague within the internet world. Everyone just wants solutions without even trying or showing what they've tried.

EDIT #2: I would suggest Imicus for start. You have four drones and you can do Data/Relic sites as well. You can speed tank everything. If you handle the Imicus, then you're ready for the drone boats :). That's my modest opinion.

Totally jumped your gun on that one then.

But yeah, point stands. Imicus is a good starter, followed by an Algos for 2/10s (are 2/10s still broken? I don't really follow high sec stuff at all). But if you want to venture out to low -- and I highly recommend it -- you'll either want to look at a Helios for professional sites or start thinking about a more serious combat ship.
imbaRabbit
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#9 - 2013-06-11 17:05:41 UTC  |  Edited by: imbaRabbit
I would get an Imicus first and try to do the sites. You'll see how it goes for you. I have no clue what's your experience in handling drones, but if you're going to keep on that niche, then I guess it would be great to use Imicus for starters. I think it should handle the 1/10, 2/10. After an Imicus, the next one is drone destroyer.

Also you'll keep your scanning bonuses and you will get better and better in scanning and managing the drones and the ship.

EDIT: I did not track that much of DED sites because I could not be bothered before Odyssey have come but it seems they did not change anything much. Will see if I'll get some time to see how that rolls out. I think I've mentioned before, when I do the DED sites in HIGH-sec, I'm using Hawk and only in Serpentis space due to it's natural resists. And it has yet to fail me. It's not most efficient one, but it's sure fun by just running around and not getting hit by anything.

Gallente have their own special assault frigates : Ishkur for drones and Enyo for speed tank and blasters.

EDIT #2: I'll be AFK for a while now. If you want, you can contact me in game and then we can see what we will come up. Of course this thread will get updated just for the sake of completeness.
imbaRabbit
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#10 - 2013-06-11 21:58:53 UTC  |  Edited by: imbaRabbit
Today was a fun day, I have to say. From getting a Vexor into the exploration with the drone fit, to realizing that the Hawk can't break the tank from the escalation site (details will follow).

How to play Gallente as an explorer? Well, let's see what do we want to do: we wanted to do 3/10 and 4/10 and ignore smaller signatures because they don't bring you so much reward. Ok, so since battle cruisers can't get inside of 3/10, we're left with only cruisers (and no T3 anymore since they can't get in). Since we're Gallente and we have blasters and rail guns and drones, let's analyze few ships:

Celestis
- Slot layout: 5-5-3 (starting from low to high slots).
- Bonuses: 7.5% bonus to Remote Sensor Dampener effectiveness. 10% bonus to Remote Sensor Dampener optimal range and falloff.
- Drones: 50Mbit/sec.
- Armor stats: 1300 HP, 50%EM, 10%Explosive, 35%Kinetic, 35%Thermal

Exequror
- Slot layout: 6-4-3
- Bonuses: 12.5% bonus to Remote Armor Repair System repair amount. 5% reduction in Remote Armor Repair System capacitor use.
- Armor stats: 1400 HP, 50%EM, 10%Explosive, 35%Kinetic, 35%Thermal

Thorax
- Slot layout: 5-4-5
- Bonuses: 5% bonus to Medium Hybrid Turret damage. 7.5% bonus to Medium Hybrid Turret tracking speed.
- Armor stats: 1600 HP, 50%EM, 10%Explosive, 35%Kinetic, 35%Thermal

Vexor
- Slot layout: 5-4-4
- Bonuses: 5% bonus to Medium Hybrid Turret damage. 10% bonus to drone hitpoints, damage and mining yield.
- Drones: 75Mbit/sec.
- Armor stats: 2000 HP, 50%EM, 10%Explosive, 35%Kinetic, 35%Thermal

The pilot will play within sovereignty of Gallente Federation. That means that we have to look at Thermal and Kinetic armor resists. Every single ship has the same resists but the Vexor has most buffer HP. Also, it has the biggest drone bandwidth. Although, you could probably run the sites with other cruisers, Vexor stands out with its bonuses for the 10% drone damage per level of Gallente cruiser. Since we can't stay and fight face-to-face we're deciding to kite the NPCs. That's perfectly legit and only strategy what should one do. There's no way to hero-tank anything: go on distance and let your drones dismember the enemy forces.

Naturally, we've chosen the Vexor as best option amongst Gallente cruisers. Voider is, unfortunately, missing quite a lot of skills. But we've went for the first fit, where he misclicked the rigs and have bought 2x Medium Gravity Capacitor Upgrade I. That enhanced the scanning procedure but it decreased the tank capability. In that order, Mid slots were filled up with a 10MN afterburner and Cap Rechargers II. We wanted to increase the capacitor recharge so he can repair incoming damage.

First loadout:
===========================================================
*High power: Core Probe Launcher I, 3 x 250mm 'Scout' Accelerator Cannon

*Mid power: 3x Cap Recharger II, 10MN Afterburner I

* Low power: 1x Medium Armor Repairer I, 1x Armor Kinetic Hardener I, 1 x Armor Thermic Hardener I, 2 x Drone Damage Amplifier II

* Rig slots: 2 x Medium Gravity Capacitor Upgrade I

* Drones: Hobgoblins I

Comment: It's missing salvager in high-slot since you probably want to salvage all of those commander wrecks. We've taken too many mid slots on Cap Rechargers because our rigs are taking too much space. We should not have placed those rigs because now we have to lose mid slots for massive capacitor recharge boost in order to tank the complex sites. Hence we've lost ability to do Relic sites if we find few. But we're here all for the fight, so who cares? ;)

As you can see, Voider is missing quite a lot of base skills in order to increase efficiency from his Vexor. Every single part which is T1 should get upgraded (except the afterburner which can stay).

Better loadout would be:

* High power: Core Probe Launcher II, Salvager, Drone Link Augmentor I, 1x 250mm 'Scout' Accelerator Cannon (or some module which does not take ammo).

* Mid power: Relic Analyzer I, Cargo Scanner, Limited 10MN afterburner, Cap Recharger II.

* Low power: 1x Medium Armor Repairer II, 1x Armor Kinetic Hardener II, 1 x Armor Thermic Hardener II, 2 x Drone Damage Amplifier II.

* Rig slots: 3 x Medium Capacitor Control Circuit.

With this layout, you're able to do everything except Data sites. You can remove the Cap Recharger II and place the Data Analyzer or you can just replace them in station once when you've found the signal.
imbaRabbit
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#11 - 2013-06-11 22:19:41 UTC  |  Edited by: imbaRabbit
Anyway ... soon after, Voider has found a DED complex (unrated). Before you even start doing DED complexes, it's advised to read the content on the Internet. That's why, I've linked the given link which details the complex from start to the end. http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Serpentis_Watch. Unfortunately, I was already too late because he started the complex. Being the first complex as it is, he has managed to activate the additional spawn. It's not a bad thing since he has already kited them, but why having an extra effort when you can do it really easy and without stress?

We've cleared the first room and then we've learned one important thing. Although there are a lot of wrecks there, sometimes, it just doesn't pay off to clean them up. In case you really want to salvage and loot wrecks, then you select a wreck, right click on it and save location. Never loot as soon as you've cleaned the room since another person can come inside and then he can proceed in next room and take the kill on most important thing - the commander. Commander loot and wreck is what it's worth. Not to mention, escalation is pretty nice thing (especially if you get lucky).

So we proceed in the second room, and got ****-scared because of the major spawns. But, we handled that like the big guys and slapped those silly serpentis soldiers back to their home. Fortunately enough, the commander could not face the disgrace and has come to avenge the death of his main general. Unfortunately for him, he was not prepared and got stuffed with few rockets.

After we've killed Shadow Serpentis, we got an escalation "Jet-Set Hooligans". Then we've learned what does a 'Journal' mean and where you can locate the 'Expedition'. We've went through every escalation part and unfortunately to us, we came to a last part - the part which has lead us in the LOW-sec. And of course it has lead us in, for me, worst LOW-sec in game (Tama). I don't get it why was escalation part 18 jumps away, but it was.

I've never seen the ending stage of that escalation so I've decided to take an alt to scout me in, with my Hawk. Unfortunately, guess what was on a gate? Well, a gate camp of course. What did you expect? So, I got an alt in covert-ops inside of the LOW-sec. I created a safe spot in middle of space and have created a spot just above the gate (165 KM from it) in order to look at the gate. I didn't expect they'll move so fast, so we've done the following: he has left his Vexor in the HIGH-sec, and came inside with a Capsule. Then he has warped to the location of escalation, and I've followed with the covert-ops. I've saved the location and then have returned to a gate. The capsule has gone to safety of a HIGH-sec.

After few minutes, the Cynabal and other ships which Hawk was threatened by have left the gate. That was a window of opportunity where I sneaked my Hawk inside. It was a scary sight, seeing flashy Bhaalgorn, Tempest and few more overly-sized ships on a gate but it's not like they can lock a frigate.

I got in a final site, and I have thought that my Hawk can handle the Madcats which were on container, but boy was I wrong. They tanked my 256 DPS and I couldn't handle it. I've done a mistake here ... Knowing that would be too much damage for the Vexor, I should've just cleaned the room from DPS and then bring him inside in order to kill the Wildcats. But no, instead I was shooting like a douche-bag in hope that their repairing will stop. It did not. After few moments, the battleships have moved away and suddenly local was being flooded by typical 'You need X people to kill me. You're bad. BLA BLA'. Well, that was a sign that Vexor could probably get in. And yes, he did. Unfortunately, even with his DPS it didn't go well. We were not able to kill the cats, and he had to warp off because of heavy incoming damage. Then I've decided to clean the room, which did help out for a short moment because, unfortunately, the big spawn has come and we had to warp away because we were risking to lose ships against the scramming frigates and too big damage. I guess they've slapped us back :P!

So yeah, since we were powerless, I've decided to move back to Dodixie and have said that he should accompany me. I've said something from start ... sometimes, you get something, something you get everything and sometimes nothing. You have to live with that.

But what did we learn from this escalations:

- Never go in LOW-sec if you don't know what's ahead of you.

- Try to get eyes.

- And always read the guides which are put on the Internet. Of course, this part is not always true since guides may be outdated but they'll give you an overview of how things are working out (this does not apply to R&K video where they've done Incursion :D).
imbaRabbit
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#12 - 2013-06-11 22:36:47 UTC  |  Edited by: imbaRabbit
I've decided already that I'll give him something just because he seems to be an OK guy and I wish him well. At the end, he has been rewarded with a Vexor Navy Issue and a 50M ISK where I've given him few guides on how to buy ships and modules. Whenever you buy something, check out the http://eve-central.com/ for price comparison. Because of the site, we've saved ~30M on the Sisters Core Probe Launcher and ~30M on the Vexor Navy Issue.

This is the loadout which he will be using:

* High power: Drone Link Augmentor I, Salvager I, Sisters Core Probe Launcher, 1x 250 MM 'Scout' Accelerator Cannon

* Mid power: Limited 10MN Afterburner I, Cargo Scanner I, Relic Analyzer, Cap Recharger II

* Low Power: 1x Medium Armor Repairer I, 1x Armor Kinetic Hardener I, 1 x Armor Thermic Hardener I, 3 x Drone Damage Amplifier II

* Rigs: 3x Medium Capacitor Control Circuit

Vexor Navy Issue is a lot better ship because it gives out the bonuses for the drone tracking. Also, it has an extra low slot so it has more drone damage. Medium slots can be changed to give even more tracking to drones if one needs that, but I think the Vexor Navy Issue does not need one or few of those modules.

And this is Combat HIGH-sec exploration fit. Ready and capable to pulverize 3/10 and 4/10 DED sites with an ease. Thank you for sticking around. And hopefully you've learned something from all of this.

Recap
- Read the information about complexes on following site until you get comfortable with them: http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Cosmic_Signature.

- Buy items only when you've checked every price in the EvE: http://eve-central.com/.

- You can read your expedition log in your journal. You can find it on your left side (the icon looks like a sheet of paper).

- If you're in fleet with someone, check the loot history if you can see if you can trust someone or not (I think that's totally OK since you don't want to be with someone who's stealing from you).

- When in fleet with a new guy, take care because they can warp you around. So if you're in LOW-sec, take care that he does not warp you in enemy fleet. Honestly you should not even be with new guy in fleet, in LOW-sec! ;)

- Each NPC faction has it's faction spawn. Since we're in the Gallente federation, the serpentis have the Shadow Serpentis prefix. Those are the NPC commanders! Loot them, and salvage them. Each faction has their own faction spawns (Shadow Serpentis, Dark Blood, Dread Guristas, Domination ...).

- If you're moving out from the Gallente region, then replace the armor hardeners to space-specific space. You have a nice overview of damage types here: http://www.ogrank.com/content/view/698/59/.

- EDIT: aim for the T2 modules.

Thank you for reading. Good luck in your exploration journey and have fun. I had a nice time, and I hope you have too. Take care.

Fly safe :).
Maximus Hashur
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2013-06-12 02:49:25 UTC
Damn. Where was someone like you when I was new. I learned half this **** on my own and by reading these forums

Looked up...saw this F***ING clown dropping like a rock.  Woke up in Vylade wondering what just happened!!!

DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#14 - 2013-06-12 03:58:37 UTC  |  Edited by: DeMichael Crimson
Big smile

Very nice read.

Reminds me back when Apocrypha was first released. I had a couple of friends that would join me in completing the Vigil sites I'd scan down. We were young and thought our T2 Battlecruisers were top notch. This was before there was any real documentation on the sites so basically we had no clue about triggers.

Was definitely an exhilarating experience, especially in the very first site we did. My 2 fleet mates had to warp out about the same time due to incoming DPS and left me with the rat pack. Lucky I had a very good shield tanked Hurricane. I ended up getting full aggro and led the rat pack around in a Conga Line, keeping my distance and talking on Comms to my fleet mates who eventually came back after repairing and started whittling the pack down from the end of the line.

That basically became our MO. We'd go in and start shooting, I'd go in first, jump on the pack and start heading away from them. My fleet mates would warp in next and take out the towers, then warp out while I formed the Conga Line with the triggered spawns. Then my fleet mates would warp back in for the 'Shooting fish in a barrel' action.

Ahhhh, good times.

DMC

EDIT :

I almost forgot, eventually I started using a Force Recon Cruiser for exploration. Was great for a high sec all in one exploration ship, mainly ran the mid sized combat sites and radar's. Would also chase down expeditions to last stage in low sec.
imbaRabbit
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#15 - 2013-06-12 05:58:36 UTC  |  Edited by: imbaRabbit
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
Big smile

Very nice read.

Reminds me back when Apocrypha was first released. I had a couple of friends that would join me in completing the Vigil sites I'd scan down. We were young and thought our T2 Battlecruisers were top notch. This was before there was any real documentation on the sites so basically we had no clue about triggers.

Was definitely an exhilarating experience, especially in the very first site we did. My 2 fleet mates had to warp out about the same time due to incoming DPS and left me with the rat pack. Lucky I had a very good shield tanked Hurricane. I ended up getting full aggro and led the rat pack around in a Conga Line, keeping my distance and talking on Comms to my fleet mates who eventually came back after repairing and started whittling the pack down from the end of the line.

That basically became our MO. We'd go in and start shooting, I'd go in first, jump on the pack and start heading away from them. My fleet mates would warp in next and take out the towers, then warp out while I formed the Conga Line with the triggered spawns. Then my fleet mates would warp back in for the 'Shooting fish in a barrel' action.

Ahhhh, good times.

DMC

EDIT :

I almost forgot, eventually I started using a Force Recon Cruiser for exploration. Was great for a high sec all in one exploration ship, mainly ran the mid sized combat sites and radar's. Would also chase down expeditions to last stage in low sec.

^^

That's really a great time. I know that I've been reading about EvE even before I've started so I was familiar with few stuff even before I decided to pay for my game since. It has seemed like a lot time investment, so I approached the game seriously. The experiences you can create from this game are marvelous. I like my every single experience which I've had, both in PvP and PvE content.

Thank you for sharing.

EDIT: I hope I'll have enough time to give it a try with all exploration ships and my fits, in order to post it either as video resource back with text, or just a text. I like Arbitrator and Pilgrim.
Tauranon
Weeesearch
CAStabouts
#16 - 2013-06-12 06:30:53 UTC
imbaRabbit wrote:

This is the loadout which he will be using:

* High power: Drone Link Augmentor I, Salvager I, Sisters Core Probe Launcher, 1x 250 MM 'Scout' Accelerator Cannon

* Mid power: Limited 10MN Afterburner I, Cargo Scanner I, Relic Analyzer, Cap Recharger II

* Low Power: 1x Medium Armor Repairer I, 1x Armor Kinetic Hardener I, 1 x Armor Thermic Hardener I, 3 x Drone Damage Amplifier II

* Rigs: 3x Medium Capacitor Control Circuit

And this is Combat HIGH-sec exploration fit. Ready and capable to pulverize 3/10 and 4/10 DED sites with an ease. Thank you for sticking around. And hopefully you've learned something from all of this.

I can't see that fit being anything but terrible at ded 4s.

Will take a long time to clear the leadup pocket, and then will lose aggro to its drones trying to kill the overseers, which often have non-trivial tanks. It will be tolerable at ded 3s, but I'd still want to sentry fit for those to kill stuff faster that hasn't gotten under the sentries - and just switch to lights for stuff that has. Sentry boats can snipe the overseers without taking a lot of damage, bm the wreck/can and leave to let despawn (if nothing else about on d-scan entering the plex).

Also a new player should refit for task in highsec, since highsec is littered with stations - no point all-in-one fitting when their skills are borderline.
imbaRabbit
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#17 - 2013-06-12 06:35:53 UTC  |  Edited by: imbaRabbit
I would use sentries too. But can't we use them.
I would use an Ishtar too. But we can't use it.

He'll work his way through and get them eventually. Same goes for the Ishtar if he'll like it. I've played with the regular Vexor and have tried the DED 4/10 and had no issue what-so-ever, so I can guess the Vexor Navy Issue will do just the same, if not bit better because of tracking bonuses.

New players should do what they want to do and proceed as they want to do. He knows what he can do and now it's matter of taste and nothing else.

EDIT: Please read the whole thread in order to see that this is not generic loadout. It is something what is suited to his skills. He will grow. If you can add something to his topic about him wanting to do combat sites 3/10 and 4/10, please input your loadouts and thoughts.

EDIT #2: If you don't see Hammerheads (Medium Scout Drones), it does not mean they're not there. First you have to get used to pick your drones constantly and not leaving them behind. After that, you're ready for hammerheads ... And for those, I would maybe add drone tracking optimizers on mid powers. They'll deal enough damage to any DED 4/10 commander.
Tauranon
Weeesearch
CAStabouts
#18 - 2013-06-12 07:56:32 UTC
I've done the serp phi with a mixed bag of drones often enough to say its a tiresome task. Sentries are just easier. You needed to say hammers, and if you are using hammers, you are still using less than half of the prime stat of a navy vexor (its bandwidth), and neither hammers, nor hobgobbies care much about the NVexes bonus - that bonus is for heavies.

drone sharpshooting IV is 1 day, drone interfacing IV is probably 5 days tops, and sentry drone III is a day on top of that. Any droneboat without drone interfacing trained is painful beyond belief anyway - its not like you are going to fly vexors and NOT train it.
imbaRabbit
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#19 - 2013-06-12 08:12:29 UTC  |  Edited by: imbaRabbit
So there we go : ).

A future path into the DED sites and drone boats. If you can only post your fit here as well, so others who come to a thread would know what to eventually get (for completeness).

EDIT: Some extra tracking enhancer on mid is needed or? Would you use micro-warpdrive to go on distance first and why? Etc.
Tauranon
Weeesearch
CAStabouts
#20 - 2013-06-12 09:30:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Tauranon
imbaRabbit wrote:
So there we go : ).

A future path into the DED sites and drone boats. If you can only post your fit here as well, so others who come to a thread would know what to eventually get (for completeness).

EDIT: Some extra tracking enhancer on mid is needed or? Would you use micro-warpdrive to go on distance first and why? Etc.

Shoot from the beacon by default or ab straight to objective if someone else is clearly entering your plex on d-scan. mwd probably too much for new players capacitor (it has a cap penalty). This does plexes fast enough to avoid you having to race too much in the first place.

level 4 skills, ~470 dps @ 33km navy vexor.

[high]
2x 200mm prototype gauss gun (iridium charge m)
1x sisters core probe launcher
1x drone link augmentor 1.

[med]
2x Omni tracking link I
1x cap recharger II
1x experimental afterburner I

[low]
1x medium 'accommodation' vestment reconstructor I
1x prototype armor thermic hardener I
1x prototype armor kinetic hardener I
1x coreli a-type kinetic plating (this is to make cpu space for people with bad fitting skills - its *cheap* - lots of coreli stuff is cheap)
2x drone damage amplifier II

[rigs]
3x CCC

[drones]
5x garde I
5x hobgoblin I
5x hammerhead I (optional, can just bring spare hobgobbies for chaffing if you like)

Will be effective from 40km down to about 20km on frigates, and will hit serp cruisers tolerably down to about 7km - hint shoot frigates first when clearing a pocket. Should be able to agro the serp phi overseer from the beacon arriving in pocket with the guns (might have to move a little closer with poor skills) - set the drones on it at whatever your drone control range is even if they are missing in case you get damped, orbit your drones - he'll start feeling the pain at 40km and he'll pop when he gets close for you to run to quick, loot 'n scoot.

Tank is easily improved with hull V and whatever else gives you t2 med rep.

optimal range and tracking improves with sharpshooting V (t2 omnis), and damage, optimal and tracking improves with sentry V (t2 gardes), but the tracking is quite tolerable because its an nvex to start with.
12Next page