These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

It's been a while....

First post
Author
Joshua Calvert
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1 - 2013-06-11 15:57:11 UTC
Been a good few years since I played this game but the new release looked amazing and tempted me back.

I think I've forgotten everything I ever knew about this game - even how to make a safespot *sigh*.

What are the best resource sites to use for catching up on the ins and outs of being a pilot in Eve nowadays?
Steel Olgidar
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2013-06-11 16:26:01 UTC
Tutorial Missions are a good start.
The forums have some good stuff buried.
Rookie help chat was extremely useful to me as a new player.
Beyond that talking to other players seems to help me the most.

There are only three things worth nothing in Eve; ISK; Skill Points and Getting Blown up. Once you learn this, the universe truly sets you free.

Joshua Calvert
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#3 - 2013-06-11 16:27:40 UTC
Steel Olgidar wrote:
Tutorial Missions are a good start.
The forums have some good stuff buried.
Rookie help chat was extremely useful to me as a new player.
Beyond that talking to other players seems to help me the most.

Yeah, the tutorial missions sound like a good start. I also found the Eve University wiki which looks promising.

I'm on night shifts this week so I'll have time for a whole bunch of reading!
Karash Amerius
The Seven Shadows
#4 - 2013-06-11 16:33:00 UTC
Hey Joshua, I hope you come back and find something to like in the game. It has been a long time.

My best advice to you would actually be to study up on the Eve Uni Wiki pages...they seem to keep them fairly updated. Also, the new features of the Odyssey expansion are fairly well documented in youtube videos. Best of luck to you.

Karash Amerius Operative, Sutoka

Steel Olgidar
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2013-06-11 16:35:18 UTC
Pretty much all I did the first two weeks. Read, read more, mined in hi-sec for isk.
Things starts falling in place pretty quick after you start jumping around a bit.
This game is going to consume much of my time...because it is amazing.

There are only three things worth nothing in Eve; ISK; Skill Points and Getting Blown up. Once you learn this, the universe truly sets you free.

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#6 - 2013-06-11 16:37:09 UTC
Joshua Calvert wrote:
Been a good few years since I played this game but the new release looked amazing and tempted me back.

I think I've forgotten everything I ever knew about this game - even how to make a safespot *sigh*.

What are the best resource sites to use for catching up on the ins and outs of being a pilot in Eve nowadays?

I remember you!

Good to see you back

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

De'Veldrin
Adversity.
Psychotic Tendencies.
#7 - 2013-06-11 16:47:20 UTC
Joshua Calvert wrote:

Nice name. Big smile Loved that series of books.

De'Veldrin's Corollary (to Malcanis' Law): Any idea that seeks to limit the ability of a large nullsec bloc to do something in the name of allowing more small groups into sov null will inevitably make it that much harder for small groups to enter sov null.

Xarvos
Royal Crusade
#8 - 2013-06-11 17:17:58 UTC
heh I remember you from Everlasting Vendetta. WB =)