These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Issues, Workarounds & Localization

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Red/Blue overlay with NVIDIA 320 drivers on the 600/700 series GPUs

First post
Author
Ansatsusya
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#21 - 2013-06-05 09:28:24 UTC
Niko72 wrote:
Got this red/blue happening as well.

Win 7 64bit
Asus 670 DCII TOP
i7 3820

Wait a second... since we're talking about the card rendering everything in red and blue, maybe it's not a bug! Maybe it's actually rendering anaglyphic stereo! Hold on, I'm gonna try this with my 3D glasses.

Oh. Well that's disappointing.
Niko72
Black-Watch Corporation
Malicious Mineral Hounds
#22 - 2013-06-06 00:02:10 UTC
Ansatsusya wrote:
Niko72 wrote:
Got this red/blue happening as well.

Win 7 64bit
Asus 670 DCII TOP
i7 3820

Wait a second... since we're talking about the card rendering everything in red and blue, maybe it's not a bug! Maybe it's actually rendering anaglyphic stereo! Hold on, I'm gonna try this with my 3D glasses.

Oh. Well that's disappointing.

Lol... Guess I'm not the only one to try that...
Ellariona
B52 Bombers
#23 - 2013-06-08 04:11:33 UTC
Confirming red/cyan hue issue present on my rig as well. I've been looking everywhere for a fix. I might as well install the older version of my gpu driver, since that seems to be doing the trick for everyone.
Han Aruto
#24 - 2013-06-08 09:43:11 UTC
J3ssica Alba wrote:
using dual GTX 680s I had this problem which got fixed with the shader set to medium, however, I get a weird problem when in some site (radar hacking or the guristas 3/10 GGG) when looking towards the sun the clouds or space debris in these sites suddenly "blooms" into a bright white glare and I have to turn the camera the other way to fix it.

I have this same issue after i updated my graphics drivers, and the shader issue aswell, but the white glare is the most annoying as it just pops when i am doing complexes and zoom in or out,
CCP Vertex
C C P
C C P Alliance
#25 - 2013-06-08 22:28:37 UTC
Pothakos wrote:
I have been having graphical issue occur, primarily when moving a client from one screen to another.

Windows 7 64 bit
NVIDIA GTX 470

Prior to the Odyssey update, I had no issues, and could run multiple clients at high graphics.

http://s23.postimg.org/3k4ohnoju/glitch2.jpg

We have a defect on this issue and hope to have it resolved soon.

**CCP Vertex  |  Senior Development Manager ** | @CCP_Vertex

Tasage Tivuri
Doomheim
#26 - 2013-06-10 10:39:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Tasage Tivuri
CCP Vertex wrote:
Hi all,

We have been working with NVIDIA on a fix to address a known visual issue (pictured here) on the NVIDIA 600/700 series GPUs. Initial testing of the fix looks promising but is still ongoing; users can expect the fix to be included in the upcoming NVIDIA driver update.

Workaround instructions:

• Open the EVE client Esc menu
  • Go to the Display & Graphics tab
  • Set the Shader Quality option to Medium

We will post an update when we have a confirmed release date from NVIDIA, we encourage you to post a reply in this thread if you experience any additional issues after the driver fix is released.

Glad to see that CCP is already aware of and working on a fix to this problem. It's funny, when I fired up the client to try out Odyssey for the first time today I saw the red/teal hue on my character selection screen and thought it was just part of the new look. I logged in, and the hue was still there in the hangar and still I didn't think this was abnormal until I undocked and realised that this hue wasn't going away at all :)
Ender Auroris
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2013-06-10 23:08:25 UTC
CCP Vertex wrote:
Pothakos wrote:
I have been having graphical issue occur, primarily when moving a client from one screen to another.

Windows 7 64 bit
NVIDIA GTX 470

Prior to the Odyssey update, I had no issues, and could run multiple clients at high graphics.

http://s23.postimg.org/3k4ohnoju/glitch2.jpg

We have a defect on this issue and hope to have it resolved soon.

Everyone everywhere is highly recommending that we all stick with 314.22 for now. Which is unfortunate. I hate to see peoples work be for naught. Hopefully they fix the problem with the next release.

We greatly appreciate the devs attention and awareness of this problem. I like new drivers to be WHQL (stable, public release) for about six weeks before I begin using them. Unless I'm using inadequate hardware in which case I'm always more than ready to give a new performance increase a chance.

But from everything I've read on various reseller sites (eVGA / ASUS), nVidia forums, and technician forums, the 320.18 drivers weren't introducing drastically new capabilities. The driver was in an "early release" for players of a new FPS of which I was one, and even then I removed the driver after a day having seen little to no performance increase, but a definite feeling of increased instability. I wasn't comfortable with some areas of my GPUs performance increasing in the ways the 320.18 driver wanted. If anyone does decide to continue using the 320.18 GeForce driver, be wary of mild temperature increases.

Anyway, thanks again Vertex for letting us know you guys haven't forgotten Smile
Joshua Calvert
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#28 - 2013-06-11 15:55:05 UTC
Thanks - this worked a treat.
PowderedToast Man
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#29 - 2013-06-12 02:08:47 UTC
I'm seeing this too (GTX 770). So glad that the issue has been tracked down already, I hate it when some issue is so rare a fix is almost impossible.
Sophia Wayland
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#30 - 2013-06-12 17:41:01 UTC
Same issue with my GTX680 running 320.18.

Interestingly, the ship fitting window displays correctly with no colour issues.
Arton Rhett
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#31 - 2013-06-13 21:45:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Arton Rhett
Any ETA on the fix? :) It's been two weeks now. I'd revert, but to be honest it's not a very desirable option when you are relying on 320.x drivers over 314.x drivers for improved performance and fixed artifacts in certain other games.
Tasage Tivuri
Doomheim
#32 - 2013-06-15 05:58:16 UTC
Arton Rhett wrote:
Any ETA on the fix? :) It's been two weeks now. I'd revert, but to be honest it's not a very desirable option when you are relying on 320.x drivers over 314.x drivers for improved performance and fixed artifacts in certain other games.

Same here, been running EVE with the shader quality turned down to medium (which I don't mind, though I'd always prefer to max everything out, of course) since installing the 320.18 drivers.

It would be great if a fix for this problem could come out soon, though at the same time I'm weary that if it comes out too soon then it may fix one problem but create another, or the problem may crop up again at a later stage. How it is with graphics drivers these days...
Jesse Baby
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#33 - 2013-06-18 11:37:21 UTC
Any ETA on this problem being fixed CCP? Or we stuck with medium shader settings and/or 314 drivers for the foreseeable future?
BlitZ Kotare
Sniggerdly
Pandemic Legion
#34 - 2013-06-19 03:57:03 UTC
I had this issue as well, turning textures down to medium seems to have fixed it for now.

Brand new EVGA GTX 770 Classified, hopefully a fix mosey's along soon so I can really get my isk worth Cool
Gaming God
Gaming God Corporation
#35 - 2013-06-20 11:21:45 UTC
CCP Vertex wrote:
Hi all,

We have been working with NVIDIA on a fix to address a known visual issue (pictured here) on the NVIDIA 600/700 series GPUs. Initial testing of the fix looks promising but is still ongoing; users can expect the fix to be included in the upcoming NVIDIA driver update.

Workaround instructions:

• Open the EVE client Esc menu
  • Go to the Display & Graphics tab
  • Set the Shader Quality option to Medium

We will post an update when we have a confirmed release date from NVIDIA, we encourage you to post a reply in this thread if you experience any additional issues after the driver fix is released.

Great

I posted alraidy an topic about those drivers and the issu when it was in beta :) I hope the fix it soon .

Thanks man
Slappy McPewpew
Imperial Shipment
#36 - 2013-06-20 15:49:27 UTC
Any update on when the Nvidia glitch going to be sorted? and will Eve be added to GeForce Experience?

• I7 4770k
  • 16gb Ram
  • Nvidia 780 GTX

BarryBonez
Creatine Abusers Anonymous
#37 - 2013-06-21 13:35:39 UTC
Same here
i5 2550k
GTX 770

Luckily I have been too preoccupied playing BF3 on ultra to be bothered with Eve much :P
CCP Vertex
C C P
C C P Alliance
#38 - 2013-06-21 18:56:57 UTC
Slappy McPewpew wrote:
Any update on when the Nvidia glitch going to be sorted? and will Eve be added to GeForce Experience?

• I7 4770k
  • 16gb Ram
  • Nvidia 780 GTX

I hope to have some news to share next week regarding the driver glitch.

Adding EVE to the Geforce experience, it's something i'd like to see us do soon but probably wont be possible until after summer vacation time i'm afraid.

**CCP Vertex  |  Senior Development Manager ** | @CCP_Vertex

Kimentor
Gallifrey Industries
#39 - 2013-06-23 05:05:32 UTC
Can confirm this is still happening with the latest drivers.

I7 2600k
16gb RAM
GTX 680 4gb
Skykilla Nolen
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#40 - 2013-06-24 17:03:26 UTC
Problem solved with Nvidia 320.39. U can get them at guru3d.com.

Now Shader Quality can be set to high without problems. Using a GeForce 680 GTX