These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Situation in Haatomo

Author
Makoto Priano
Kirkinen-Arataka Transhuman Zenith Consulting Ltd.
#41 - 2013-06-11 04:02:35 UTC
Mr. Soter, with all due respect, you are by no means a disinterested, neutral party, given your association with the Federal Defense Union. Do you ever expect us to respond with anything but dismay when you comment on Caldari affairs?

Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries: exploring the edge of the known, advancing the state of the art. Would you like to know more?

Katrina Oniseki
Oniseki-Raata Internal Watch
Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
#42 - 2013-06-11 05:09:05 UTC
Julianus Soter wrote:

I am so terribly wounded by some mid-level Ishuk-Raata scourge of non-capsuleer pirates calling me an imbecile.

But since there are real human lives at stake here, I'll put aside it aside, and clarify my statement.

CAESA. The Caldari-Amarrian Economic Stimulus Agreement. Someone better start digging up the bylaws and start figuring out how to fight a war on two fronts, against Heth and the Empress.

She did not call you an imbecile. Relax.

If the Empire invades, we will deal with it as we always have. I have to wonder if this is merely wishful thinking on your part though, as so far I have seen no evidence that the Empire is preparing anything of the sort.

Katrina Oniseki

Katran Luftschreck
Royal Ammatar Engineering Corps
#43 - 2013-06-11 05:47:10 UTC
Odd how this whole thing reads exactly like the plot of one of those "Clear Skies" flatvid episodes.

http://youtu.be/t0q2F8NsYQ0

Crazy Captain Nemo
Nova Corps Marines
#44 - 2013-06-11 06:07:55 UTC
Makoto Priano wrote:
Nemo-haan;

Currently, to my knowledge, the State authorizes mandatory military service for all citizens, to create a large pool of able-bodied, trained reservists in case of war. It's also my understanding that Heth remains CEO of Caldari Constructions, as he bought out significant portions of the company's stock during the worker uprising at one of its armor forges, some years ago.

That said, these actions seem to indicate that he no longer retains operational control of the company, hence his effort to step outside the chain of command to mobilize Caldari workers.

I grew up on a small Ishukone run colony and while we were required to learn the laws of Ishukone and The Watch it has been a number of years and I can honestly say I am unfamiliar with the military practices of Caldari Constructions and Kaalakiota so it very well may be that such a mandatory conscription is legal within the boundaries of those Megacorporations. I was also unaware that Heth-Haan was the CEO of Caldari Constructions. That being said, even the CEO of a company must answer to his or her shareholders, board of directors, and the CEP. Before I say anything further and more than likely make a fool out of myself I think that we should all wait for an OFFICIAL release from the CEP as to the legalities and actions that are to be taken, be those actions in favor or against the actions of Heth-Haan is for men and women wiser than I to decide. I will follow the direction the CEP declares and the will of Reppola-Haan.
Vikarion
Doomheim
#45 - 2013-06-11 06:43:23 UTC
We need that station less than we need Heth gone.
Diana Kim
Caldari Colonial Defense Ministry
Templis CALSF
#46 - 2013-06-11 09:44:46 UTC
For now, I will stay in the designated system to protect interests of the State, her citizens and the Executor, until I will be required elsewhere for military operation, or will be relieved from duty by superior officer.

Honored are the dead, for their legacy guides us.

In memory of Tibus Heth, Caldari State Executor YC110-115, Hero and Patriot.

Laurienne 'Quafegirl' Cherbourg
Like Oh My Gosh I Totally Have A Corp Now
#47 - 2013-06-11 09:49:02 UTC
You go get them silly Gallentes, miss Diana!

Or like, whatever it is you do. ♥

Chilled Quafe™, accept no refreshment substitute. For all of you affluent Capsuleer-types, Quafe Elite™ restaraunts can be found at many stations! Only got a few minutes to spare before that fleet-op? Swing by QuafeSnacks™ for the full taste-experience you've come to expect from Quafe, on the go!

Brandi Wiseman
Den Sorte Loge
#48 - 2013-06-11 11:45:39 UTC
Makoto Priano wrote:
Wiseman-haani;

It is sufficient to act in defense of those who do not escalate the situation. War is just when pursued in defense of self, or those under one's guardianship. If Heth's forces initiate combat against the CEP or Caldari Navy, whose legitimacy cannot be questioned, then it is as an attack against the Caldari citizenry.

Why can the Navy's legitimacy not be questioned? There are numerous examples of coup d'etats by military units against civil governments. I specifically asked this and was informed that the Navy were under signed, sealed orders from the CEP to take the action last night.

I emphasise the fact that orders were sealed. To be just, the State must announce that Tibus Heth is a criminal and/or enemy of the State and that the Navy are under instructions to take him and his followers into custody. To do otherwise risks accusations of the actions being illegal.

Over 12 hours after the event I have still seen no sign from the CEP that Tibus Heth has been removed as Executor and that he is declared an enemy or traitor or whatever term you will. Until such an announcement, Heth's supporters (of which I am NOT one) are within their rights to continue to see Tibus Heth as the legitimate Executor and thus to call into question actions taken against him. That is a position that must be clarified immediately.

Fly Caldari!

Jowen Datloran
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#49 - 2013-06-11 12:56:34 UTC
Very true.

The Executor has done a lot of good for the Caldari people and he deserves a fair treatment. I will patiently await response from the CEP.

Mr. Science & Trade Institute, EVE Online Lorebook 

Stitcher
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#50 - 2013-06-11 13:38:56 UTC
I was handed fleet command last night when I jumped into system, and intend to re-form that fleet this evening at 17:30. CEP loyalists only, please, and with all due respect to our foreign friends I must request that this matter be left squarely in Caldari hands. The presence especially of Gallentean and Intaki pilots, while their concern is appreciated, is liable to increase the volatility of the situation. If you do show up in support of the CEP however your aid will not be refused - this is purely a courtesy request. In any case, with the Provist retoric making references to "re-taking Caldari Prime", you may wish to support the Federation's Tripwire units in Algogille.

Fleet operating policy will be the defence and support of the Caldari Navy. Their orders will be our orders. With current reports indicating that the CPD forces may have commandeered capital assets, we request that pilots who wish to join in fit for capital hunting. That means DPS, high speed, small sig radius and energy neutralisers. These being Caldari vessels, EM and thermal damage are advisable. Armageddon class battleships will be especially useful.

Remember that under CONCORD law, remote support of a pilot who is under a limited engagement results in a suspect flag for the supporting vessel. Remote repair and cap transfer vessels should be aware that their destruction at the hands of predatory third parties is likely, and fit accordingly. I recommend a minimum-complement volunteer crew only.

I hope that it does not come to violence. But we will place our trust in the professionalism of the Caldari Navy and the leadership of the CEP, and follow their orders as they are given.

For the State.
-Hakatain.

AKA Hambone

Author of The Deathworlders

Morwen Lagann
Tyrathlion Interstellar
#51 - 2013-06-11 14:22:47 UTC
Update - Heth and his cronies have just been called out as terrorists by the CEP.

Morwen Lagann

CEO, Tyrathlion Interstellar

Coordinator, Arataka Research Consortium

Owner, The Golden Masque

Brandi Wiseman
Den Sorte Loge
#52 - 2013-06-11 14:22:57 UTC
I note that the CEP has now issued a statement denouncing the actions taken by Tibus Heth and declaring his actions to be an act of terrorism against the Caldari State.

I welcome this announcement and it allows for support of the Caldari Navy in countering this threat to the State. I still hope that the situation can be resolved peacefully without recourse to conflict. Any such conflict will I hope seek to limit any potential bloodshed.

Fly Caldari!

Per Bastet
B.O.O.M
Obsidian Mining Coalition
#53 - 2013-06-11 14:45:28 UTC
Diana Kim wrote:
For now, I will stay in the designated system to protect interests of the State, her citizens and the Executor, until I will be required elsewhere for military operation, or will be relieved from duty by superior officer.

You may want to get ready to stand down then.

"Whether the paranoid conspiracy theory community has had a separate trial process and decided other crazy batshit insane garbage was true I can't attest to as I don't subscribe to that mailing list and instead deal in the realm of fact."  - CCP Sreegs, 2013

BloodBird
Plutonia Authority
#54 - 2013-06-11 15:20:51 UTC
The beginning of the end, then. The end of Heth's reign is finally within reach, and all of us will be better off for it.

Good hunting Verin. Clean your own damned house and let us know when it's done.

Maybe then when it's over some manner of sense can return to State leadership circles and there is a real chance for a peace agreement in a few years. Beats endless warfare.
Jowen Datloran
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#55 - 2013-06-11 15:35:20 UTC
Morwen Lagann wrote:
Update - Heth and his cronies have just been called out as terrorists by the CEP.

Why I've never...

But he...

I have to go lie down.

Mr. Science & Trade Institute, EVE Online Lorebook 

Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
SE7EN-SINS
#56 - 2013-06-11 15:40:28 UTC
It's nice to see the CEP have openly declared the situation. Now we wait to see how it unfolds.

Andreus Ixiris > A Civire without a chin is barely a Civire at all.

Pieter Tuulinen > He'd be Civirely disadvantaged, Andreus.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Andreus Ixiris > This is why we're at war.

Diana Kim
Caldari Colonial Defense Ministry
Templis CALSF
#57 - 2013-06-11 15:48:11 UTC
Morwen Lagann wrote:

What is going on?
Are their in their mind?
To call military operation a "terrorism"?
Maybe when we first captured Caldari Prime was terrorism too?
When we were defending CN Shiigeru against gallentean attack, was it terrorism too?
When we captured Intaki, and all other federal systems, was it terrorism?

Do they even know, what 'terrorism' is at all?
We are at WAR, and gallente are our enemies!
We must fight them to protect our homes, our relatives, our citizens and our corporations!
You can't be protected, if you call those, who are fighting for you terrorists.

Our enemy is out there, in the Luminaire, and in the Villore, not in CC station. It is OUR forces that occupy our station, and these forces are fighting for ALL OF OUR CITIZENS! For whole our future!

We shouldn't fight among each other. There are gallente scumbags to shoot at!

So, lets gather all together and smash them down, so hard, so they will never raise their greedy hands again at our property and our lives!

For the State! For Heth! For Victory !!

Honored are the dead, for their legacy guides us.

In memory of Tibus Heth, Caldari State Executor YC110-115, Hero and Patriot.

Stitcher
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#58 - 2013-06-11 15:52:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Stitcher
The theft of naval assets by an unauthorized party - terrorism
The planned invasion of a foreign power in violation of the Yulai treaty - terrorism
The hijacking of a station's security systems - terrorism
Annexing several decks of said station and welding shut the doors - terrorism

The State has more than one enemy, Kim. And one of them lurks in Haatomo tonight.

And this may seem an alien concept, but merely being somebody's enemy is not an obstacle to respecting them, nor is it a reason to slaughter them. The Federation absolutely are the State's enemies - we're at war with them after all - but the relationship is a strange one, fuelled in some part by mutual respect.

We're only bitter enemies if we choose to be, and on this matter the Provists have chosen they wish to be myopic black-and-white thinkers who think that the only emotion to feel for an enemy is hatred. I'm proud of my people that most of us are able to have a more nuanced dynamic with them. We can be enemies without descending into murderous loathing.

Heth and the CPD have chosen murderous loathing, and their reckless aggression could cost the State dearly. They are terrorists, and enemies of the real Caldari authority, and they will either surrender, or be stopped. Either way, I very much hope that Haatomo is the end of it.

AKA Hambone

Author of The Deathworlders

Anslo
Scope Works
#59 - 2013-06-11 15:58:40 UTC
For any other sane parties in the Federation willing to let the Caldari handle things on their end (and in turn learn from our past mistakes), I suggest getting equipment to Luminaire and the surrounding area, just in case.

[center]-_For the Proveldtariat_/-[/center]

BloodBird
Plutonia Authority
#60 - 2013-06-11 16:03:48 UTC
Kim.

I am eagerly awaiting your reaction to this world of ours that everyone else live in when Heth is dead and gone and people move on.

As for your little rant about terrorism, considering how your wonderful State treated the peoples of Placid and other areas you occupied for months, you may as well call your wonderful soldiers and their actions as such. Not a single man woman or child in your State has any right to complain about what happen to them in this war at this point.

Pretty much one of the reasons why it would be very wise to end it as soon as possible.

It would also be fun to know what you will possibly do once this happens. What will you do Kim, when Heth is gone and the war is over?

Somehow I think the following actions you make may be named by a single, simple word, given your history.