These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

I HAVE AN IDEA!!!!!

First post
Author
ElementalWind
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2013-06-10 19:24:16 UTC
How about CCP buys enough servers to "reenforce" EVERY SYSTEM IN THE GAME! WIN!

OMG It's so genius! Why didn't anyone think of it sooner!?

No really....CCP why don't you guys do something to fix the fail that happens at 2k+??

Especially instead of locking threads. Could help to LINK TO A DISCUSSION ABOUT IT.
Kijo Rikki
Perkone
Caldari State
#2 - 2013-06-10 19:26:13 UTC
I have an idea, why not have CCP make a forum bot that automatically merges threads that cover the same topic? Big smile

You make a valid point, good Sir or Madam. 

ElQuirko
Protus Correction Facility Inc.
#3 - 2013-06-10 19:26:34 UTC
ERMAGERD CCP PROVIDE A BETTER SERVICE THAN THE UNIQUE AND INCREDIBLE ONE YOU DO ALREADY

Dodixie > Hek

Frostys Virpio
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#4 - 2013-06-10 19:26:44 UTC
ElementalWind wrote:

No really....CCP why don't you guys do something to fix the fail that happens at 2k+??

Especially instead of locking threads. Could help to LINK TO A DISCUSSION ABOUT IT.

2100 is the treshold on a reinforced node. More server would fix nothing as you can't currently go higher than reinforced at Jita level. It can't go higher until they implement some new stuff in the code. That **** take time.
Koj 'Jok
Perkone
Caldari State
#5 - 2013-06-10 19:26:49 UTC
ElementalWind wrote:

$15 a month is plenty, I don't want to pay $45
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#6 - 2013-06-10 19:27:41 UTC
Kijo Rikki wrote:
I have an idea, why not have CCP make a forum bot that automatically merges threads that cover the same topic? Big smile

Because then there would only be 2 topics a day posted in GD.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Kijo Rikki
Perkone
Caldari State
#7 - 2013-06-10 19:29:02 UTC
Good point.

You make a valid point, good Sir or Madam. 

Jimmy Morane
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#8 - 2013-06-10 19:32:55 UTC
I don't know why you keep complaining. You told us in your locked thread that you got five orgasms out of it. You should thank ccp.
War Kitten
Panda McLegion
#9 - 2013-06-10 19:37:10 UTC
ElementalWind wrote:

Probably for the same reason I don't drive a Greyhound bus to work by myself every day.

I don't judge people by their race, religion, color, size, age, gender, or ethnicity. I judge them by their grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation, clarity of expression, and logical consistency.

flakeys
Doomheim
#10 - 2013-06-10 19:40:32 UTC
ElementalWind wrote:

Someone's having a nice blobday today .... enjoying the ''goodfights'' are we? Big smile

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

Black Dranzer
#11 - 2013-06-10 19:41:10 UTC
Servers cost money
Infrastructure costs money
Even the best server has limits
More advanced solutions require **** like dynamic load balancing, and that tends to sacrifice global performance for local performance, so it costs more anyway
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#12 - 2013-06-10 19:42:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
ElementalWind wrote:

Most likely because it's a pretty stupid idea that wastes enormous amounts of money without particularly solving anything.

Jimmy Morane wrote:
I don't know why you keep complaining. You told us in your locked thread that you got five orgasms out of it. You should thank ccp.

I just read that as TMI on a completely different and unrelated problem he's having…
De'Veldrin
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#13 - 2013-06-10 19:42:54 UTC
This thread will end well.

De'Veldrin's Corollary (to Malcanis' Law): Any idea that seeks to limit the ability of a large nullsec bloc to do something in the name of allowing more small groups into sov null will inevitably make it that much harder for small groups to enter sov null.

Falin Whalen
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#14 - 2013-06-10 19:45:07 UTC
Neat idea! Now your subscription is for two days a t 15$ and a PLEX will only extend your account for two days.

Briliant idea, capital suggestion.

"it's only because of their stupidity that they're able to be so sure of themselves." The Trial - Franz Kafka 

iskflakes
#15 - 2013-06-10 19:46:55 UTC
Don't be ridiculous, CCP's budget is 90% DUST, 8% PR and 2% EVE.

How do you expect them to buy new servers with only 2% of their income available?

-

Sable Moran
Moran Light Industries
#16 - 2013-06-10 19:50:19 UTC
How about you stop having ideas? Completely.

Sable's Ammo Shop at Alentene V - Moon 4 - Duvolle Labs Factory. Hybrid charges, Projectile ammo, Missiles, Drones, Ships, Need'em? We have'em, at affordable prices. Pop in at our Ammo Shop in sunny Alentene.

Kult Altol
The Safe Space
#17 - 2013-06-10 19:56:21 UTC
Oh look these well articulated post by Op again.

[u]Can't wait untill when Eve online is Freemium.[/u] WiS only 10$, SP booster for one month 15$, DPS Boost 2$, EHP Boost 2$ Real money trading hub! Cosmeitic ship skins 15$ --> If you don't [u]pay **[/u]for a product, you ARE the [u]**product[/u].

ElementalWind
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#18 - 2013-06-10 20:10:26 UTC
iskflakes wrote:
Don't be ridiculous, CCP's budget is 90% DUST, 8% PR and 2% EVE.

How do you expect them to buy new servers with only 2% of their income available?

That is EXACTLY what I was thinking.
Suicidal Blonde
Alchemical Aquisitions
#19 - 2013-06-10 21:22:46 UTC
Personally i'm disgusted that CCP haven't invented real jump capable spaceships and cloning so we can do away with all this playing a game nonsense
Anubis Joringer
Hot Caldari Babes
#20 - 2013-06-10 21:24:57 UTC
I've got a better idea: how about you buy yourself a book on grammar and syntax so you stop giving everyone else headaches with your borderline glossolalia.
12Next page