These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Assembly Hall

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

New way of Learning Skills

Author
Howen
Sp4ce T3ch
#1 - 2013-06-04 17:17:00 UTC
Dearest CCP!
Maybe it's time to overhaul you skillpoint system.
1 It would be better if you make a sp generation mechanism ,after this skill points are spended via attributes that character have
in his brain via coefficents.You can get rid off skill que(it was a great solution ,but today we should have some evolution changes)
2 nd it would be awesome if you can buy book remotly. It"s FUTURE why we can't buy via inter... golo... dunno net a books or courses.It makes no sense

Pros
No way of forgetting to switch skill learning
Your char becomes smth like wine .More age more tasty.
You shouldn't get to high sec to buy books
Cons
Safer for users so no suicide ganks after books (bad for piracy )
No more missed learning hours (bad for CCP)
Lykouleon
Noble Sentiments
Second Empire.
#2 - 2013-06-04 19:49:42 UTC
Lol

Lykouleon > CYNO ME CLOSER so I can hit them with my sword

Mag's
Azn Empire
#3 - 2013-06-04 19:54:26 UTC
Lykouleon wrote:
No.

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Gizznitt Malikite
Agony Unleashed
Agony Empire
#4 - 2013-06-04 20:44:06 UTC
Howen wrote:
Dearest CCP!
Maybe it's time to overhaul you skillpoint system.
1 It would be better if you make a sp generation mechanism ,after this skill points are spended via attributes that character have
in his brain via coefficents.You can get rid off skill que(it was a great solution ,but today we should have some evolution changes)
2 nd it would be awesome if you can buy book remotly. It"s FUTURE why we can't buy via inter... golo... dunno net a books or courses.It makes no sense

Pros
No way of forgetting to switch skill learning
Your char becomes smth like wine .More age more tasty.
You shouldn't get to high sec to buy books
Cons
Safer for users so no suicide ganks after books (bad for piracy )
No more missed learning hours (bad for CCP)

1.) If you can "store" SP, it allows you to put off "what to train" decisions until you develop a need for that skill. This has a very negative impact by allowing people to store SP until the new FOTM comes out, and insta-training into it. Also, if the SP gained is static, but is only "modified" when being applied to a skill based on the current attributes you have, you essentially eliminate the need for having attribute implants during 99% of your play time... Example: I decide it's time to train Command Ships 5, so I clone hop to my +5 implanted clone and then apply the SP, and then clone hop away to do PvP the rest of the month.

2.) Access to skillbooks is an important consideration for living "away" from empire (Nullsec, WH space), and having to make a trip to highsec to access these skillbooks adds risk to players that need them transported. Furthermore, there is a portion of the market that thrives by making skillbooks accessible at market hubs, and your change would undermine this viable market community.
Naomi Hale
#5 - 2013-06-04 22:24:11 UTC
Isn't this just Dust's skill mechanic pasted into EVE?

I'm Naomi Hale and this is my favourite thread on the forums.

Spathe Ne Boirelle
Dead Space Continuum
#6 - 2013-06-07 18:01:06 UTC
Current skill system mechanics are fine. It allows you to try out modules and ships with enough time so that the next time you train your next "better" skills you'll be up to the challenge with your next bigger ship. Contrary to other silly stupid wow/cod/bf3 games as you can use the best frigging gun in the world and be rambo...here it doesnt work that way. It needs time...and lots of it to become better with your ship and equipement... use that time efficiently.

not supported
Danika Princip
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#7 - 2013-06-07 19:07:30 UTC
Mag's wrote:
Lykouleon wrote:
No.

Cameron Cahill
Bad Vibe
Pandemic Horde
#8 - 2013-06-08 22:56:45 UTC
Danika Princip wrote:
Mag's wrote:
Lykouleon wrote:
No.

ShahFluffers
Ice Fire Warriors
#9 - 2013-06-09 04:13:43 UTC
Cameron Cahill wrote:
Danika Princip wrote:
Mag's wrote:
Lykouleon wrote:
No.

Only one more before we break the rule for pyramid quoting! Big smile

Also... no.
Omnathious Deninard
Ministry of Silly Walks.
The Gurlstas Associates
#10 - 2013-06-09 08:17:11 UTC
ShahFluffers wrote:
Cameron Cahill wrote:
Danika Princip wrote:
Mag's wrote:
Lykouleon wrote:
No.

Only one more before we break the rule for pyramid quoting! Big smile

Also... no.

no

If you don't follow the rules, neither will I.

Samillian
Angry Mustellid
Lost Obsession
#11 - 2013-06-10 15:39:34 UTC
No point in fixing what isn't broken.

Not supported.

NBSI shall be the whole of the Law

Black Dranzer
#12 - 2013-06-10 17:51:08 UTC
Howen wrote:

?Parse Error
Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#13 - 2013-06-11 00:32:10 UTC
Lykouleon wrote:
No.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

sabre906
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2013-06-11 01:24:03 UTC
Naomi Hale wrote:
Isn't this just Dust's skill mechanic pasted into EVE?

It's Perpetuum's sp mechanics, they copied Eve's sp mechanics, and improved upon it. CCP copied it back because it's a good idea, but didn't upgrade Eve's for... whatever reason.