These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

AFK cloak campers need to go ccp

First post
Author
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#61 - 2013-06-09 23:48:17 UTC
Black Dranzer wrote:
Because there's no practical benefit to it. The problem is not a lack of ideas, the problem is that none of those ideas have been implemented yet.
No, the problem is that no-one can really define a problem that needs to be solved, much less offer a solution that doesn't horribly break some part of the game…
Alavaria Fera
Imperial Shipment
#62 - 2013-06-09 23:51:26 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Black Dranzer wrote:
Because there's no practical benefit to it. The problem is not a lack of ideas, the problem is that none of those ideas have been implemented yet.
No, the problem is that no-one can really define a problem that needs to be solved, much less offer a solution that doesn't horribly break some part of the game…

Remove local

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Black Dranzer
#63 - 2013-06-09 23:53:34 UTC
Sergeant Acht Scultz wrote:
I like this word "conditional" you just used

I only put "conditional" in there because if I hadn't somebody would have called me on it. For all practical intents and purposes, if you can get a stable cloak up, you're indestructible until you decide otherwise.

it would be possible to **** up. But it's always possible to **** up. Any change to mining or drone regions or ship balancing or any change that could possibly be implemented ever could **** up enormously and cause a massive player bleed. Any investment into improvement carries with it a risk of damage. That does not mean that improvement should never be sought after.
Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#64 - 2013-06-09 23:54:52 UTC
Black Dranzer wrote:
For all practical intents and purposes, if you can get a stable cloak up, you're indestructible until you decide otherwise.

No you are not.

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

Black Dranzer
#65 - 2013-06-10 00:00:50 UTC
Tippia wrote:

I think it's less that nobody can define a problem, and more that nobody can agree on what the true problem is. Some say local. Some say cloaking. I say intel in its entirety.

Doc Fury wrote:
Black Dranzer wrote:
For all practical intents and purposes, if you can get a stable cloak up, you're indestructible until you decide otherwise.
No you are not.

Cloaked in a safespot.

Doc Fury in the future wrote:
That doesn't count.

Yes it does.
Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#66 - 2013-06-10 00:02:57 UTC

Even if you sit in a safe, you have to log out or use a gate sometime, and you can be killed in either situation.

Morganta
The Greater Goon
Clockwork Pineapple
#67 - 2013-06-10 00:04:12 UTC
Doc Fury wrote:

Even if you sit in a safe, you have to log out or use a gate sometime, and you can be killed in either situation.

but that would require doing more work than someone who is AFK

UNPOSSIBLE!
Alavaria Fera
Imperial Shipment
#68 - 2013-06-10 00:04:13 UTC
Black Dranzer wrote:
Doc Fury wrote:
Black Dranzer wrote:
No you are not.

Cloaked in a safespot.

Pretty good

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Malak Dawnfire
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#69 - 2013-06-10 00:06:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Malak Dawnfire
How about if somebody sits in a spot for too long while cloaked a Black Hole ventures by and sucks them in, preventing the information from traveling upon death to activate another clone which then effectively destroys the character.

Or a Space Lizard...yeah, that sounds much cooler.
Black Dranzer
#70 - 2013-06-10 00:08:44 UTC
I was going to post a retort to that, but then I realized I was getting sucked into the debate I promised myself I wouldn't get dragged into; AFK cloaking is a red herring. Cloaking is just another part of the broken intel spectrum.
ConranAntoni
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#71 - 2013-06-10 00:10:54 UTC
Either people don't know what afk means or anyone complaining in this thread has been lobotomised.

Empyrean Warriors - Recruiting now.

Black Dranzer
#72 - 2013-06-10 00:13:02 UTC
ConranAntoni wrote:
Either people don't know what afk means or anyone complaining in this thread has been lobotomised.

I preferred the term "Schrodinger's Cloaker". Forget where I heard it, but it more accurately describes the "problem": There's a cloaker in local and you can't know if he's AFK or not until he starts shooting you or leaves.
Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#73 - 2013-06-10 00:13:25 UTC
Black Dranzer wrote:
I was going to post a retort to that, but then I realized I was getting sucked into the debate I promised myself I wouldn't get dragged into; AFK cloaking is a red herring. Cloaking is just another part of the broken intel spectrum.

All of this stuff has been said before, and it will all be said again. Go visit the thread in F&I, it's chock full of the same old tired arguments for and against, and that's why these new threads eventually get locked.

Hepsaban
BlackCore Override
#74 - 2013-06-10 00:14:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Hepsaban
Matilda Cox wrote:
AFK cloak campers are broken.
Please show me a valid reason why they are balanced or add anything to the game.
Now i'm not talking about cyno roamers or intel periodic.
I'm talking about people with X accounts knowing there is no way to get rid of them and make a living out of this broken part of them game.
CCP I don't know what type of solution your going to make for this.
Or how your able to defend this type of game play but it has been going on long enough.
This simply needs addressing.
The only reason i'm able to think of why this has not been fixed is pure $$.
But your losing at least 7 people including me if this does not get solved.

A great example of a **** cloak camper is yoyo210

no

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFGfWrJR5Ck
Black Dranzer
#75 - 2013-06-10 00:14:53 UTC
Doc Fury wrote:
Go visit the thread in F&I

But I like this thread :(
Sergeant Acht Scultz
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#76 - 2013-06-10 00:17:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Sergeant Acht Scultz
Doc Fury wrote:
Black Dranzer wrote:
No you are not.

Doc Fury wrote:
Cloaked in a safespot

The man is right, no you're not invulnerable.
This "invulnerability" feeling or idea suddenly goes away when people dedicate effort to make it so it isn't one anymore.
But in my comment there's a word many players don't like it at all :effort:

Why have to deal with bbles when you can stay in low have bazillions of stuff in indestructible stations and camp gates leading to high sec to kill rookie frigates and cyno frigates by hundreds with instacanes/nados etc? - :effort:

Why deal with other players when you can simply get in to some WH shut down every single possible entry at will and make it so it's impossible to step in? -even with this massive advantage idiots get their stuff blown up, let entire fleets jump in their system because :effort:

Why cloak is such a problem for some people? -how much can I bother you if I cloak in your high sec isk maker alt system and why?

removed inappropriate ASCII art signature - CCP Eterne

Black Dranzer
#77 - 2013-06-10 00:27:01 UTC
Sergeant Acht Scultz wrote:
Why cloak is such a problem for some people?

I can't speak for anybody else, but my problem with it is that it's a crappy implementation of stealth. Honestly, cloaking would be a better stealth mechanic if it were a passive module that prevented you from showing up in local. That's not to say it'd provide better gameplay, or be an improvement over the current system necessarily, or that it wouldn't present other problems; Simply that it would be a far better approximation of stealth, because it could actually be used to evade detection.
ConranAntoni
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#78 - 2013-06-10 00:31:39 UTC  |  Edited by: ConranAntoni
Heres what I love about all of this;

If hes afk constantly, he's there to gather intel, thats it, so what, your shitting a brick as someone, somewhere in space, is recording you linking dickgirl.jpg over and over again.

If hes hunting, well ****, theres a magical thing called awareness, I mean holy christ, if hes sat there for three days solid in a Pilgrim waiting to molest your 5 bil Mach, and your idiotic enough to be caught, good on him.

"But but but it's an exploit"

It's not a god damn exploit your just a mongoloid. In a game based around the fact you can literally lose everything, you whine and cry that some guy, somewhere, might come back from keyboard to find your derping neckbeard arse in a Thanatos ratting and do you over, well holy **** let me go ahead and call the wambulance. It's EvE Online, not Neckbeards get to masturbate in X-type fit Thanatos.

Empyrean Warriors - Recruiting now.

Skydell
Bad Girl Posse
Somethin Awfull Forums
#79 - 2013-06-10 00:38:10 UTC
They could "fix" this and we would never know.

Aggro for a target painter is through the roof. Multiply that by 5 for a cloak.
Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#80 - 2013-06-10 01:00:39 UTC
Sentamon wrote:
These posts need to end.

Stop the madness CCP, remove Local already.

And if not, at the very least remove cloaked ships from Local, hence the term "Covert" ops.

So true.

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Kaalrus pwned..... :)