These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Test space getting invaded by goon blob

First post
Author
Marxzo Andoun
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#101 - 2013-06-08 19:27:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Marxzo Andoun
SmilingVagrant wrote:

HBC has been dead for a while now. It split into TEST's micro coalition and the Dinner Squadron.

Yes I know. Even mittens.com is referring to HBC remenants in today's update. Test left HBC almost exactly a month ago, and the remaining alliances kept it going for a while after that which does not qualify as "dead for a while now".

That being said, referring to it as former HBC (of which the in-fighting is allowing the CFC to steamroll right on over) would have been more clear.
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#102 - 2013-06-08 20:30:47 UTC
Marxzo Andoun wrote:
SmilingVagrant wrote:

HBC has been dead for a while now. It split into TEST's micro coalition and the Dinner Squadron.

Yes I know. Even mittens.com is referring to HBC remenants in today's update. Test left HBC almost exactly a month ago, and the remaining alliances kept it going for a while after that which does not qualify as "dead for a while now".

That being said, referring to it as former HBC (of which the in-fighting is allowing the CFC to steamroll right on over) would have been more clear.

The CFC are attacking Fountain (TEST) not the Dinner Squadron/(former) HBC though?

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Hazzard
Chaotic Dynamics
#103 - 2013-06-08 20:40:39 UTC
Why does the term "wormholer" sound strangely erotic...

Please discuss.
Marxzo Andoun
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#104 - 2013-06-08 20:56:02 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:

The CFC are attacking Fountain (TEST) not the Dinner Squadron/(former) HBC though?

Test is former HBC Lol BUT different former HBC referred to in that article.

Yep the whole former HBC reference thing is like trying to catch a greased piglet right now.
Not a Penguin
#105 - 2013-06-08 21:13:57 UTC
But guys, redditors are the most funny and creative people on the interwebs! Don't you dare harm them! Sure they may think they're better than you but it's for a good reason!

I'm going to go play with my cat LOL XD
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#106 - 2013-06-08 21:36:14 UTC
Marxzo Andoun wrote:
Alavaria Fera wrote:

Test is former HBC Lol BUT different former HBC referred to in that article.

Yep the whole former HBC reference thing is like trying to catch a greased piglet right now.

Former CFC too, then.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Marxzo Andoun
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#107 - 2013-06-08 21:50:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Marxzo Andoun
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Former CFC too, then.

Touche, but by the look of things not very relevant to the modern state of events whereas the breakup of HBC certainly is by GSFs own words. Also, this anality is wearing thin on me What?
Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#108 - 2013-06-08 22:55:30 UTC
Amarra Mandalin wrote:
Ace Uoweme wrote:
Erotica 1 wrote:
SA membership is not required to be in CFC. However, those that have membership sometimes ask to play Eve.

How is this a difficult concept?

Is a PAC difficult to understand? Because SA operates like one.

For EVE lemmings, yes it is.

Though I've got nothing against SA... except for the fact they turned off free access to some great LPs and I am terrible at explaining how to play certain strategy games to friends.

There is nothing wrong with turning off free access.
Erotica 1
Krypteia Operations
#109 - 2013-06-08 23:04:01 UTC

Hey guys, I'm still accepting contracts from Test to get your stuff out. Couriers to Jita at no collateral or item exchanges contracts. For the latter, please put everything in cans with your name and rename ships with your name. no charge, but you are responsible for getting items from jita. I'm a little backed up right now, so please make contracts valid for at least a few days to be on the safe side.

See Bio for isk doubling rules. If you didn't read bio, chances are you funded those who did.

I Need PLEX
Doomheim
#110 - 2013-06-08 23:11:05 UTC
Raptor Rat wrote:
Im a wormholer but keep up to date on the going on in nullsec, just been reading about this invasion of fountain by the goons, they wait until TEST have like no backup and then move in. I tend to root for the underdog and it seems to me goons are just a bunch of chickens.

Reading mittanis speech made me laugh, i really hope black legion and all the other guys who constantly harass the cfc band in and give the goons a good kickingwaffe.

i think im going to get down to fountain to do my bit, are you? Big smile

So the dudes who half a year ago gathered together the largest blob (HBC) since the Greater Bob Community with the expressed purpose of invading the CFC (Montolios Madness), who were expertly dismantled by skilled leaders (The Mittani) and stripped down to 2 alliances (TEST & Tribe) and are now reaping their just desserts are the underdogs?
Malak Dawnfire
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#111 - 2013-06-08 23:15:46 UTC
The Goons have come to take back what is theirs...these times have long been prophesied in ancient and sacred TEST scripture.

Who will save them!?
Amarra Mandalin
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#112 - 2013-06-08 23:21:04 UTC
Erotica 1 wrote:

Hey guys, I'm still accepting contracts from Test to get your stuff out. Couriers to Jita at no collateral or item exchanges contracts. For the latter, please put everything in cans with your name and rename ships with your name. no charge, but you are responsible for getting items from jita. I'm a little backed up right now, so please make contracts valid for at least a few days to be on the safe side.

Why are you allowed to post in GD?
Seriously.
Bueller? ... Bueller?
Erotica 1
Krypteia Operations
#113 - 2013-06-08 23:53:34 UTC
Amarra Mandalin wrote:
Erotica 1 wrote:

Why are you allowed to post in GD?
Seriously.
Bueller? ... Bueller?

Because I'm needed here.

See Bio for isk doubling rules. If you didn't read bio, chances are you funded those who did.

Nylith Empyreal
Sutar Rein
#114 - 2013-06-09 00:21:43 UTC
Two alliances, two websites contesting for posting dominance of the forums. Just need a devout 4chan alliance now and one of tumblr so we can start a tournament. Throw in facebook/twitter for the special olympics.

Who's the more foolish the fool or the fool who replies to him?

Arduemont
Rotten Legion
#115 - 2013-06-09 00:26:43 UTC
I hope that Test dies a horrible death. And when goons are laughing and ready to recover from the war, someone else swoops in and ***** them up as well.

"In the age of information, ignorance is a choice." www.stateofwar.co.nf

Amarra Mandalin
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#116 - 2013-06-09 00:30:33 UTC
Nylith Empyreal wrote:
Two alliances, two websites contesting for posting dominance of the forums. Just need a devout 4chan alliance now and one of tumblr so we can start a tournament. Throw in facebook/twitter for the special olympics.

I support this. Though there are important people on Twitter and 4chan has an FB page, so no need to be ugly about it.
Nylith Empyreal
Sutar Rein
#117 - 2013-06-09 00:34:33 UTC
I merely meant it in a way that those that solely dwell on said websites and more or less represent themselves with a particular site. I know important people use both, then there are people of walmart.

Who's the more foolish the fool or the fool who replies to him?

BoBoZoBo
MGroup9
#118 - 2013-06-09 00:36:49 UTC  |  Edited by: BoBoZoBo
Raptor Rat wrote:
Im a wormholer but keep up to date on the going on in nullsec, just been reading about this invasion of fountain by the goons, they wait until TEST have like no backup and then move in. I tend to root for the underdog and it seems to me goons are just a bunch of chickens. Big smile

Please elaborate on how, when it comes to war and taking what you want and everything EVE is about, why striking when your enemy is at a disadvantage makes you a chicken as opposed to strategically efficient?

While you do that, also ponder why TEST has no backup. Besides... from what I have seen so far, eve TEST won't backup TEST.

So long... and thanks for all the space.

Primary Test Subject • SmackTalker Elite

Amarra Mandalin
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#119 - 2013-06-09 00:39:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Amarra Mandalin
Nylith Empyreal wrote:
I merely meant it in a way that those that solely dwell on said websites and more or less represent themselves with a particular site. I know important people use both, then there are people of walmart.

May EVE never go F2P.

ETA: Or add WiS with People of Walmart ...*shiver*
Erotica 1
Krypteia Operations
#120 - 2013-06-09 00:42:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Erotica 1
If only James 315 was here, he could sort out this dispute.

Speaking of, when Test loses all their sov, will they embrace the saviour of high sec? For their sake, I hope they do.

*edit* For those in Test rusty on the rules of high sec, please visit www.minerbumping.com