These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Ship Custom Colors based on Alliance/Corporation?

First post
Author
Raven Solaris
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#21 - 2013-06-05 14:29:03 UTC
I'd like to see black and yellow Goon fleets personally.

I think that would look quite spiffy.
Kaito Marshall
Safety Hazard
#22 - 2013-06-05 19:36:20 UTC
Bumpity Bump!
KuroVolt
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2013-06-05 19:42:34 UTC
I agree, CCP could make a ship customization program that prevents hello kitty ships from flying around.

It would make cinematic EVE propaganda vids so much better as youd actually start recognising iconic alliance colourshemes.

I just wanna see what some of the more known alliances would pick as their colours.

Obviously Goons would go yellow and black, and we in CVA would have something with gold.

But I wonder what colours alliances like PL and TEST would go for.

BoBwins Law: As a discussion/war between two large nullsec entities grows longer, the probability of one comparing the other to BoB aproaches near certainty.

Xeraphi
Perkone
Caldari State
#24 - 2013-06-06 03:13:14 UTC
Even though this character is allll about the red and rust colour scheme, all you people hating on Hello Kitty ships make me want one now.

Besides, wouldn't it be AWESOME to blow that up? C'mon!

New target lock death animation problem #1 ^ eye strain and pain Temporary workaround found to one of these.

cerbus
Carpe Noctem.
#25 - 2013-06-06 06:54:22 UTC
KuroVolt wrote:
I agree, CCP could make a ship customization program that prevents hello kitty ships from flying around.

It would make cinematic EVE propaganda vids so much better as youd actually start recognising iconic alliance colourshemes.

I just wanna see what some of the more known alliances would pick as their colours.

Obviously Goons would go yellow and black, and we in CVA would have something with gold.

But I wonder what colours alliances like PL and TEST would go for.

http://dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/Tamber/cva_hyperion2.png

just say'n

Probably should be an abaddon eh? :3

This character is no longer affiliated with the Caldari Prime Pony Club.

Ace Uoweme
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#26 - 2013-06-06 07:14:03 UTC
Xeraphi wrote:
Even though this character is allll about the red and rust colour scheme, all you people hating on Hello Kitty ships make me want one now.

Besides, wouldn't it be AWESOME to blow that up? C'mon!

Be more awesome that a fleet of them blows the Goons up. Lol

...Will never live that down...

Probably the real reason folks are crying about it. Twisted

_"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." _ ~George Orwell

Count of MonteCylon
Anti-Pirate Enforcement
#27 - 2013-06-06 07:39:13 UTC
I mentioned this in another thread... all CCP has to do to get women playing this game is make the ship color schemes, textures and maybe some decals customizable. Every female in the world would be bumping their pretty ships together in high-sec if this were to happen.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. -- Ephesians 6:12

cerbus
Carpe Noctem.
#28 - 2013-06-06 07:52:09 UTC  |  Edited by: cerbus
As a note op, there are over 800 custom veneered ships already in the client files, unreleased.
Each race has 14 variants designed for almost every hull. :)

here are some of them:

Aliastra Ships - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXyyoSXQS1o
Bloodraider Ships - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1FLBC5Ysz4
Lai Dai Ships - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_KAHCtQAv8
Innerzone Shipping Ships - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BNiGeVMLx4

Hello Kitty Widow/ Scorpion - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffzwroDldBQ
Random Ships - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSYSu9jDpHs

All but the Hello Kitty ship and Chribba Issue ships exist in the client files already.

Its about ~32bits or less to change the veneers of most of these ships. Often they're using the same textures and masks as the basic hull but with different shader values. For the ships that have different veneer patterns (like Brutor does) they have a unique specular map and sometimes two unique texture masks which all reside in one .dds file, aswell as the unique shader settings.

This character is no longer affiliated with the Caldari Prime Pony Club.

Effect One
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#29 - 2013-06-06 08:07:39 UTC
Anyone remember the prank trailer someone did years ago that demonstrated a ship custom paint job addition to Eve? Was quite well done from what I recall...

'This might be internet spaceships, but it's not rocket science to protect yourself and fly with a little common sense' - CCP Falcon

GallowsCalibrator
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#30 - 2013-06-06 08:12:05 UTC
Raven Solaris wrote:

If you think Goonswarm ships would be anything but hot pink and purple for the aforementioned pink Thorax (or just being general massive eyesores) you are so, so mistaken.
Raven Solaris
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#31 - 2013-06-06 08:44:09 UTC
GallowsCalibrator wrote:
Raven Solaris wrote:

If you think Goonswarm ships would be anything but hot pink and purple for the aforementioned pink Thorax (or just being general massive eyesores) you are so, so mistaken.

Thus "like to see."
Reiisha
#32 - 2013-06-06 10:09:28 UTC
TTP: Pink alliance flying with thoraxes.

If you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all...

Kaito Marshall
Safety Hazard
#33 - 2013-06-07 14:54:59 UTC
Take it to the top says mr bumpity bump bump
Sirinda
Ekchuah's Shrine Comporium
#34 - 2013-06-07 15:05:58 UTC
So there's this corp with around (insert number here) people from all over the world.

You really believe they'd agree on a paint scheme?

If you answer this question with yes, I have some prime real estate for sale in the Everglades. Also, contract me any amount of ISK and I'll double it.

That said, I'd love to be able to apply a custom paint job to my ship and I wouldn't even be averse to seeing an option for a corp or even alliance specific paintjob to be incl
Paul Panala
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#35 - 2013-06-07 16:06:46 UTC
I would love to see some ship customization...to a point. Alliances large enough to have a custom logo could be given the ability to have that logo replace the standard faction logo on ships. It would be nice if ships had a few paint options to choose from, a handful that CCP has developed to be tasteful and match the visual design goal of the ship.

Beyond that, no, I don't want ugly bright striped ships all over space.
Shahai Shintaro
State War Academy
Caldari State
#36 - 2013-06-07 17:09:30 UTC
While I would love alliance color schemes, I would just settle for corp or alliance logos. I hate seeing that bird on my ship every time I jump into a Gallente ship
Xavier Liche
ACME Mineral and Gas
#37 - 2013-06-07 17:45:56 UTC
Too bad we can't customize our ships like we can the char we never even look at.

And really if someone wants a pink Drake, so fing what? Don't like it, blow the ship up Idea

IMHO future space will be just like cars, the new ships will start off with standard colors from the "dealer" and people will customize after that.

I wish all ships graphically changed depending on the equipment like the T3s do.

My only concern is if the cost is too high it will reduce PvP because people will be afraid to lose the pretty ship.
Theodore Giumbix
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#38 - 2013-06-07 17:47:47 UTC
Darth Kilth wrote:
Screw coloured ships, allow us to put our alliance logo on our ships.

This ^

Yo, New Eden, got capsuleers in da house. What's up? And their pimped rides. Yo, capsuleer, if ya want me to unpimp your ride, lemme hear ya say Wat?

Alexa Coates
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#39 - 2013-06-07 17:56:58 UTC
Are all you idiots forgetting that CCP showed ships flying alliance/corp flags in one of the recent videos? It's COMING.

That's a Templar, an Amarr fighter used by carriers.

Echo Echoplex
#40 - 2013-06-07 18:06:28 UTC

• Loads of male (?) players begging for cosmetics, check

• New player now thoroughly confused by the complete upending of male vs. female player assumptions, check

Untutored courage is useless in the face of educated bullets. Gen. George S. Patton