These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

The future of the Rokh...

First post First post
Author
Mina Sebiestar
Minmatar Inner Space Conglomerate
#41 - 2013-04-12 16:02:04 UTC
Split weapon system 8 guns ANS 8 torps so it can blap and snipe at the same time...it is only fair...

...it also need bonus to miner range and amount.

You choke behind a smile a fake behind the fear

Because >>I is too hard

Hessian Arcturus
Doomheim
#42 - 2013-04-12 16:53:55 UTC
Ager Agemo wrote:
or maybe like the current rokh, but add 2 mids and a ROF bonus. that will allow to make a True long range high damage sniper with a fair amount of tank.

2 extra mids would allow the ship to be tanked better when fit as a sniper, either that or allow more sniper modules and scrips to be rammed on it haha

Also Mina... ... ...Shocked

It's human nature to want to explore. To find your line and go beyond it. The only limit, is the one you set yourself.

CCP Falcon
#43 - 2013-04-12 18:56:01 UTC
Moved to Features & Ideas Discussion.

CCP Falcon || EVE Universe Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3

Hessian Arcturus
Doomheim
#44 - 2013-04-12 19:16:59 UTC
CCP Falcon should give us his opinion Big smile

It's human nature to want to explore. To find your line and go beyond it. The only limit, is the one you set yourself.

Jacid
The Upside Down
#45 - 2013-04-12 19:48:52 UTC
5% ROF/lvl or 5%/lvl damage bonus would make feasible long range high dps sniping ship .. however it might make it a bit OP. Its a shame their isn't a mechanic that only boosts rail DPS.
Aglais
Ice-Storm
#46 - 2013-04-12 19:56:38 UTC
Oh boy, MORE ships we don't need which will do little more than cause balancing headaches down the road! Brilliant! This is EXACTLY what EVE needs!
Hessian Arcturus
Doomheim
#47 - 2013-04-12 19:59:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Hessian Arcturus
Jacid wrote:
5% ROF/lvl or 5%/lvl damage bonus would make feasible long range high dps sniping ship .. however it might make it a bit OP. Its a shame their isn't a mechanic that only boosts rail DPS.

That's my worry also, if they make it OP then they might need to create other Navy ships for the other races too, Like a Navy Abaddon for the Amarr (I don't think theres one of them?)
It needs the right balance of things so that its not OP but better than the standard Rokh...

Aglais wrote:
Oh boy, MORE ships we don't need which will do little more than cause balancing headaches down the road! Brilliant! This is EXACTLY what EVE needs!

More ships we don't need...? The difference is that a Rokh Navy Issue WOULD be used by a lot of people. It wouldn't be one of them ships that just sits gathering dust in a hanger...

Anethin
Blackwater Task Forces
Goonswarm Federation
#48 - 2013-06-07 16:12:54 UTC
Hi!
I'd like to tell you how dissapoited I am after changes you have done with odyssey expansion.
I'm your customer for more than two years and I fly rokh. I started as caldari because of this ship. I learn t2 rails for it (it gets rly long time) and now my friend in CNR with t2 cruise launchers has 850dps on same range as me and I have only 500dps when my skills are higher (I mean mostly specialize)
So as sniper boat on t2 we have javelin which are close range or spike that gives "ferox" dps and more than 200km range. There is no such ammo that could give us range in 60-120km with decent dps after all Tracking Enchanter has been nerfed....
My opinion is simple if CCP makes such a big change to ships buff/nerf they should take care about rest ships/mods or just give us possibility to change skill points coz for now my nerfed mission boat is only able to go to asteroid belt with 8x mining lasers because dps which it can reach is to low
And I have to spend next month or more on missile training than other skills....

And the last thing is taht I don't understand idea of blaster rokh. There is many gallente ships that are designated for blasters when rokh was made for rails and sniping in my opinion.
Theodore Giumbix
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#49 - 2013-06-07 17:35:55 UTC
http://youtu.be/d8Ke1P3m4nU?t=33m27s

Yo, New Eden, got capsuleers in da house. What's up? And their pimped rides. Yo, capsuleer, if ya want me to unpimp your ride, lemme hear ya say Wat?

Mike Voidstar
Voidstar Free Flight Foundation
#50 - 2013-06-07 19:48:43 UTC
The usual treatment is 50% more raw tank HP, minor tweaks to base stats, one additional slot, and maybe a swapped bonus.

If we assume the goal is to make it a better sniper, drop the tank bonus and replace it with something else. Damage + Optimal range bonus sounds sexy, though perhaps a bit OP. Lock Range bonus would be useful, as would a reduction in cycle time+cap use (so the mods are more responsive, but cap use remains the same) of AB/MWD/MJD. Maybe even a ROF bonus, giving less Alpha but allowing for better target switching to try and zot incoming frigates before they close range. The tank is nice, but a sniper can use other bonuses to better effect.

I would put the extra slot in the lows to allow for another damage mod.

In the general stat tweaks, it needs a better lock range, maybe a base lock range of 150km so that a single sensor booster is going to get you all the way out to the edge of the grid.
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#51 - 2013-06-07 19:55:40 UTC
Next youll want a torpedo bonused Hyperion Navy Issue with 10% per level active armor rep bonus as well.

I kinda want that now....

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Previous page123