These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

CCP when can we expect to see cloaking require interaction to stay cloaked?

First post First post
Author
E-2C Hawkeye
State War Academy
Caldari State
#1 - 2013-06-07 01:40:33 UTC
Title says it all. Lets get busy devs and make this happen soon please.

In the words of the late but great Bartel & James "Thank you for your suppport"
Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#2 - 2013-06-07 01:41:29 UTC

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=216699

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

E-2C Hawkeye
State War Academy
Caldari State
#3 - 2013-06-07 01:44:02 UTC
Nice try doc still doesnt answer the question when.
GreenSeed
#4 - 2013-06-07 01:46:02 UTC
the real question is "CCP when can we have cloaked people disappear from local so people don't get free intel?"
Ryouichi Takuma
Doomheim
#5 - 2013-06-07 01:49:21 UTC
HTFU.
Blink
E-2C Hawkeye
State War Academy
Caldari State
#6 - 2013-06-07 01:59:55 UTC  |  Edited by: E-2C Hawkeye
How about INTERACT TFU (ITFU)

Why should someone in bed or at the store be allowed to have an impact on others who are in game?
Ckra Trald
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2013-06-07 02:12:50 UTC
cloaking should use fuel over time and cloaky ships have a fuel bay/fuel use reduction

my two cents

http://www.rusemen.com/ Join Tengoo xd

Mallak Azaria
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#8 - 2013-06-07 02:14:08 UTC
E-2C Hawkeye wrote:
How about INTERACT TFU (ITFU)

Why should someone in bed or at the store be allowed to have an impact on others who are in game?

You let people who aren't actually playing the game have an impact on you? When has an AFK cloaked guy ever killed someone?

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Silvetica Dian
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#9 - 2013-06-07 02:14:54 UTC
why should you care about someone afk?
why can you not adapt to cope with someone not blue in local?

Money at its root is a form of rationing. When the richest 85 people have as much wealth as the poorest 3.5 billion (50% of humanity) it is clear where the source of poverty is. http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jan/20/trickle-down-economics-broken-promise-richest-85

Twopah
Space Mermaids
Somethin Awfull Forums
#10 - 2013-06-07 02:16:55 UTC
In Odyssey 2.00 you will need to play a hacking mini game with every ship on overview to hold your cloak.

At once.
E-2C Hawkeye
State War Academy
Caldari State
#11 - 2013-06-07 02:17:09 UTC
Ckra Trald wrote:
cloaking should use fuel over time and cloaky ships have a fuel bay/fuel use reduction

my two cents

Not a bad suggestion. I was thinking maybe a countdown timer that allows you stay claoked for X amount of time and your allowed to reset it once it drops below a specific mark.
Delen Ormand
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2013-06-07 02:18:38 UTC
E-2C Hawkeye wrote:
Ckra Trald wrote:

my two cents

Not a bad suggestion. I was thinking maybe a countdown timer that allows you stay claoked for X amount of time and your allowed to reset it once it drops below a specific mark.

For what purpose, though?
Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#13 - 2013-06-07 02:19:06 UTC
E-2C Hawkeye wrote:
Nice try doc still doesnt answer the question when.

How about never.

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

Ace Uoweme
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#14 - 2013-06-07 02:24:14 UTC
Delen Ormand wrote:
For what purpose, though?

Everybody vs Everybody.

No safe zones...and bring friends.

_"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." _ ~George Orwell

E-2C Hawkeye
State War Academy
Caldari State
#15 - 2013-06-07 02:28:59 UTC
Silvetica Dian wrote:
why should you care about someone afk?
why can you not adapt to cope with someone not blue in local?

People in hi-sec dont really care. A person in null on the other hand is different. Just like with the ice miners needing interaction so to should the cloaker.

A cloaker in null can disrupt many aspect of the null players day to day business. They should not be able to do so if there in bed or at the key board.

I enjoy my cloakies and I have been known to park it a system while not at key board to lull people into false felling of security and later sneak in point and have some friends warp in.

I think coverts are very valuable for intell also. I just think it should require interaction to function like any other aspect of the game.

ITFU
Amitious Turkey
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#16 - 2013-06-07 02:30:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Amitious Turkey
Does my Anathema frighten you?

I live in a wormhole. *shrug*

I like to lick things.

Haunting the forums since 03.

Siobhan MacLeary
Merch Industrial
Goonswarm Federation
#17 - 2013-06-07 02:35:30 UTC
Please just read my signature.

Really, it says all that needs to be said.

Point out to me a person who has been harmed by an AFK cloaker and I will point out a person who has no business playing this game.” - CCP Soundwave

Malcolm Shinhwa
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#18 - 2013-06-07 02:35:49 UTC
CCP when can we expec to see sitting in station require interaction to stop my war targets from staying logged in while they sleep?

[i]"The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental[/i]."

electrostatus
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#19 - 2013-06-07 02:37:11 UTC
Did someone enter the system and say "I'm cloaking and leaving the computer for a few hours" ? If so, that was me.

Wait, you're saying you're saying that brought the entire system to its knees? really? I wasn't even there.

Asteroid Timer: Know exactly when that roid depletes! PI Profit Calculator: calculates your profits and taxes of any PI product depending on how you built them!

Athena Momaki
#20 - 2013-06-07 02:37:59 UTC
Ckra Trald wrote:

my two cents

This I can agree with Make it have a charge like Heavy Water or Liquid Ozone. That way a person only has it for a limited time before the Cloak shuts off.

Cloaking LV 1 allows 15 min, 2: 30 min, 3: 45 min, 4: 1 hour, 5 : 1:15

Using the stander cloak

Covert Cloak the time is doubled you have to have lv 3 to use it so it would look like this.
3: 1:30, 4: 2:00, 5: 2:30

But to make it so you have to be anymore interactive to use ti then putting fuel in is just crazy and would add an unneeded window when trying to get intel or move.

and yes this is not  my main.

123Next pageLast page