These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

CCP please keep the jump animation!

Author
Khira Kitamatsu
#1 - 2013-06-06 07:21:27 UTC
Please CCP, please keep the jump animation. Many of us like it instead of the loading bar. This also helps with the immersion factor. Plus you took time and resources to place it into the game. So please, please do not take it out. Big smile

Ponies!  We need more ponies!

ACE McFACE
Dirt 'n' Glitter
Local Is Primary
#2 - 2013-06-06 07:32:51 UTC
Why would they get rid of it? Because a few people got motion sickness? If you really get motion sickness from a little bit of movement you might want to have it checked.

Now, more than ever, we need a dislike button.

Beekeeper Bob
Beekeepers Anonymous
#3 - 2013-06-06 07:38:42 UTC
ACE McFACE wrote:
Why would they get rid of it? Because a few people got motion sickness? If you really get motion sickness from a little bit of movement you might want to have it checked.

Try not to show your ignorance, 20% of the population gets motion sickness off just this kind of issue.

I don't get motion sickness on the ocean or in a plane, but this is perhaps the fourth time I've seen a game that runs at just the right framerate to do this. Quit every one of them, feeling ill really isn't that much fun.

Signature removed - CCP Eterne

Jack Tronic
borkedLabs
#4 - 2013-06-06 08:00:29 UTC
Khira Kitamatsu wrote:
Please CCP, please keep the jump animation. Many of us like it instead of the loading bar. This also helps with the immersion factor. Plus you took time and resources to place it into the game. So please, please do not take it out. Big smile

Nobody wants it removed. They just want a checkbox to disable it for themselves if they have motion sickness.
JD No7
V I R I I
#5 - 2013-06-06 08:49:24 UTC
These people getting motion sickness need to see a doctor and/or stop playing computer games.
Anakus
#6 - 2013-06-06 08:53:58 UTC
Khira Kitamatsu wrote:

Aye, keep it, but add the option to disable it, I'm sure it's possible, it's just a little bit of extra code.
Borlag Crendraven
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2013-06-06 08:55:45 UTC
Turn of the camera movement for the jump animation and it should be much improved for those suffering from motion sickness. Afterall, people could cope with warping through planets before any of this stuff changed, and I can't remember seeing anyone complain about getting motion sickness from that. The effects are very similar afterall.
XJennieX
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2013-06-06 08:57:42 UTC
motion sickness. hah its just excuse from people who dont like new animation or who suffer cos of it when running bazillion accounts P

HTFU.
xxxTRUSTxxx
Galactic Rangers
Already Replaced.
#9 - 2013-06-06 09:03:17 UTC
Beekeeper Bob wrote:
ACE McFACE wrote:

Try not to show your ignorance, 20% of the population gets motion sickness off just this kind of issue.

I don't get motion sickness on the ocean or in a plane, but this is perhaps the fourth time I've seen a game that runs at just the right framerate to do this. Quit every one of them, feeling ill really isn't that much fun.

so you think 20% of the game players in EVE get motion sickness from this 4 seconds of animation, sure it doesn't look that different than warping through a planet.
get rid of the players that whine about 4 seconds of animation, problem solved, Lol
Julius Rigel
#10 - 2013-06-06 09:46:55 UTC
xxxTRUSTxxx wrote:
get rid of the players that whine about 4 seconds of animation, problem solved, Lol
I don't think dropping tens of thousands of customers is a viable strategy for a publisher.

10-20% of users sounds about right on average across all video game genres and platforms from the anecdotes I've read over the years, and I believe research published by the United States military in the 90s found that up to 50% of individuals could experience these symptoms depending on a lot of things such as field of view, rotational and linear velocity, type of game environment, video equipment, and also the user's previous experience with video games, simulators, flying and so on, among other things.

Sure, it's 5-10 seconds of loading screen we're talking about, but when you're travelling from A to B it's every two minutes, over and over and over, and I'm sure it's no fun to play if the room starts spinning and your lunch tries to climb back up your throat every time you press "Jump".
floating in space
#11 - 2013-06-06 10:09:00 UTC
Try moving your head back from the screen about two feet if you're getting sick

Lol
Gallowmere Rorschach
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2013-06-06 10:09:06 UTC
Borlag Crendraven wrote:
Turn of the camera movement for the jump animation and it should be much improved for those suffering from motion sickness. Afterall, people could cope with warping through planets before any of this stuff changed, and I can't remember seeing anyone complain about getting motion sickness from that. The effects are very similar afterall.

I've already beaten this argument into the ground about six times so far, but meh, what's one more?

The difference between the jump animation and warp drive is that I don't have to look straight into the warp tunnel. I can be zoomed out and panned around to the point where my ship is nothing but a tiny bracket. When this is done, you see nothing of the warp drive animation except for wispy white lines. You don't get any kind of "down the pipe" effect. So, in theory, if they were to allow complete camera control during the gate jump, this problem would go away. Something tells me it will be easier to just give an option to disable it.
Effect One
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#13 - 2013-06-06 10:12:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Effect One
Beekeeper Bob wrote:
20% of the population gets motion sickness off just this kind of issue.

Source? Or is this just a made up internet statistic?

Seems like a disproportionately high value for an obscure side effect.

'This might be internet spaceships, but it's not rocket science to protect yourself and fly with a little common sense' - CCP Falcon

xxxTRUSTxxx
Galactic Rangers
Already Replaced.
#14 - 2013-06-06 10:31:38 UTC
Julius Rigel wrote:
xxxTRUSTxxx wrote:
I don't think dropping tens of thousands of customers is a viable strategy for a publisher.

10-20% of users sounds about right on average across all video game genres and platforms from the anecdotes I've read over the years, and I believe research published by the United States military in the 90s found that up to 50% of individuals could experience these symptoms depending on a lot of things such as field of view, rotational and linear velocity, type of game environment, video equipment, and also the user's previous experience with video games, simulators, flying and so on, among other things.

Sure, it's 5-10 seconds of loading screen we're talking about, but when you're travelling from A to B it's every two minutes, over and over and over, and I'm sure it's no fun to play if the room starts spinning and your lunch tries to climb back up your throat every time you press "Jump".

seriously, in a game where you are in space, moving the camara around all the time, you're trying to say that this new animation is upsetting people that much, i'm calling BS on this one, you ******* just want a faster loading time for grid when you jump.

what the hell do these people do when watching a movie ? vomit in mouth a little, leave movie, complain to manager and get more tickets for a movie that won't upset their tum tum.

I'm sorry but this is horse **** at it's finest, internet space ship pilots complaining about internet space ship motion sickness.
******* classic, lmfao Lol
Kusum Fawn
Perkone
Caldari State
#15 - 2013-06-06 10:39:37 UTC
I dont understand the resistance to having an optional checkbox for turning off animations.

I mean, wouldnt you have loved a checkbox for the Universal Inventory that read "emulate old Inventory" ?

Wouldn't you like a checkbox to turn off the clouds?
Wouldn't you have liked a checkbox to turn off the CQ?

Its not possible to please all the people all the time, but it sure as hell is possible to Displease all the people, most of the time.

Pak Narhoo
Splinter Foundation
#16 - 2013-06-06 10:43:51 UTC
xxxTRUSTxxx wrote:
Julius Rigel wrote:
xxxTRUSTxxx wrote:

seriously, in a game where you are in space, moving the camara around all the time, you're trying to say that this new animation is upsetting people that much, i'm calling BS on this one, you ******* just want a faster loading time for grid when you jump.

what the hell do these people do when watching a movie ? vomit in mouth a little, leave movie, complain to manager and get more tickets for a movie that won't upset their tum tum.

I'm sorry but this is horse **** at it's finest, internet space ship pilots complaining about internet space ship motion sickness.
******* classic, lmfao Lol

You are certainly a bright light.
And thank you for your compassion.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#17 - 2013-06-06 10:47:16 UTC
Kusum Fawn wrote:
I dont understand the resistance to having an optional checkbox for turning off animations.

I mean, wouldnt you have loved a checkbox for the Universal Inventory that read "emulate old Inventory" ?

We dont need a check box because people are telling lies.
Gallowmere Rorschach
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#18 - 2013-06-06 10:53:21 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Kusum Fawn wrote:

Since I do not live in the bodies of everyone complaining, I can't say that you are wrong, for a lot of people. That being said, I went from playing Eve about five to eight hours per day before Tuesday, to the few minutes that it took me to make three gate jumps, get ill, make the three jumps back to station while looking away, and dock up. Haven't logged in since, and cancelled sub when I found that there was no option to kill the animation. I assure you, if I were lying, I'd still be playing whilst complaining about it. Though you don't have access to the information to verify my claim, CCP does, and that's all that matters.
Arduemont
The State of War.
#19 - 2013-06-06 10:57:56 UTC
Beekeeper Bob wrote:
ACE McFACE wrote:

Try not to show your ignorance. Pulling statistics out of your arse doesn't make your argument look any better.

"In the age of information, ignorance is a choice." www.stateofwar.co.nf

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#20 - 2013-06-06 10:59:31 UTC
Gallowmere Rorschach wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Kusum Fawn wrote:

Since I do not live in the bodies of everyone complaining, I can't say that you are wrong, for a lot of people. That being said, I went from playing Eve about five to eight hours per day before Tuesday, to the few minutes that it took me to make three gate jumps, get ill, make the three jumps back to station while looking away, and dock up. Haven't logged in since, and cancelled sub when I found that there was no option to kill the animation. I assure you, if I were lying, I'd still be playing whilst complaining about it. Though you don't have access to the information to verify my claim, CCP does, and that's all that matters.

See a doctor, you have bigger issues.
123Next pageLast page