These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page
 

Wormhole Minning now impossible?

Author
Dring Dingle
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2013-06-05 12:27:07 UTC

Are all grav sites ("ore" sites) now anoms?

or do they need to be properly probed down still?

if not.... it makes it incredibly easy to cloaky jump miners in wh's. no more combat probs on dscan before you get jumped...

(and yes there will be some of you who say "you should have protection" etc etc... but be realistic. no pvp player wants to protect miners. thats why mining in low sec dosnt work.



Thanks :)

dringy o7
Rek Seven
The Persuaders
#2 - 2013-06-05 12:28:40 UTC
Just pay attention to your scan results.
FBIJustice
Graymalkin Orbital Shipyards
#3 - 2013-06-05 12:31:52 UTC  |  Edited by: FBIJustice
Dring Dingle wrote:

Are all grav sites ("ore" sites) now anoms?

or do they need to be properly probed down still?

if not.... it makes it incredibly easy to cloaky jump miners in wh's. no more combat probs on dscan before you get jumped...

(and yes there will be some of you who say "you should have protection" etc etc... but be realistic. no pvp player wants to protect miners. thats why mining in low sec dosnt work.



Thanks :)

dringy o7


time to run with venture cheap fit hope you dont have your implants in cuss these guys around here love the hard core life and hate change but love to gank
Meytal
Doomheim
#4 - 2013-06-05 13:31:51 UTC
If only CCP could design some ship to help out here. Say, something that could move quickly, align quickly, and maybe even have a little bit of warp core strength. Give it a couple turret slots and you could even use T2 non-strip lasers as a trade-off for the extra safety features. Toss in an average ore hold, and it might make a nice little ninja mining ship.

If only CCP could make a ship like that.
stup idity
#5 - 2013-06-05 13:38:41 UTC
Do what you should already have done before:

- put a scout on your static
- close all other connections
- pay attention to new sigs

and you are probably as safe as you were before.

I am the Herald of all beings that are me.

Nathan Jameson
Grumpy Bastards
#6 - 2013-06-05 13:40:51 UTC
Dring Dingle wrote:
Wormhole Minning now impossible?

I wouldn't say THAT exactly...the Loki isn't the strongest ship for many of its roles, and the Naglfar only just came into its own; but the Scimitar has been a mainstay of shield-based fleets, and the Tornado has been recently used to much effect in alpha-style doctrines.

http://www.wormholes.info

Lenier Chenal
Offensive Upholder
#7 - 2013-06-05 13:47:21 UTC
Just use a venture. Those things are annoying to catch, even with a 3+ point scram.
unimatrix0030
Mass Collapse
It Must Be Jelly Cause Jam Don't Shake
#8 - 2013-06-05 13:54:36 UTC  |  Edited by: unimatrix0030
What are you complaining about the oresites are now as dangerous to run as a normal site.
Does no one do normal sites? They still do.
But the risk has indeed increased slightly so in compensation the ore sites should now also have the 5 and 10 % ore variations.
Using t1 mining barges also helps to mitigate the risk.
The new system is also bether against bots so you will have less competion.
And is there anyone here that already killed/lost a lot of minig barges thanks to the changes? I demand proof!
Miners can detect incoming holes faster!
I think it is easier for miners to escape ! So this is a mining buff not nerf!

No local in null sec would fix everything!

Tinu Moorhsum
Random Events
#9 - 2013-06-05 14:16:34 UTC
stup idity wrote:
Do what you should already have done before:

- put a scout on your static
- close all other connections
- pay attention to new sigs

and you are probably as safe as you were before.



I'm going to say "at least" as safe, if not safer because you don't even need to put out probes to see if a new sig spawns. Every time I've been ganked mining in a WH it was because a new exit spawned and I was too lazy to hammer the "scan" button on my scout ever min or so. The new scanner fixes that.

People seem to be worried about how easy sites are to find.... but to me it means I'll probably do more mining than I did before because there's zero effort involved in finding the sites, which makes getting set up quicker.

I'll also add to the above list.... "don't mine in a blob". Spread the mining ships out over the lenght of the belt so even a dictor that slips through will only get one or two.

You *will* lose the odd ship mining in a wormhole but given the payout, it's just the price of doing business, really
Chris Winter
Bene Gesserit ChapterHouse
#10 - 2013-06-05 14:54:04 UTC
It balances out. Hunters get easier-to-warp-to gravs, potential victims get warning of new sigs.
Hopelesshobo
Hoboland
#11 - 2013-06-05 15:10:44 UTC
Not to mention you can just anchor a bubble at the warp in point and anchor some cans around it in line with some celestial objects. You have just defeated the majority of players from warping on top of you except nullified T3s.

Lowering the average to make you look better since 2012.

Britta Nolen
Sama Guild
#12 - 2013-06-05 15:26:11 UTC
F this noise. I still plan to AFK mine like a boss. ABC now drops enough low ends to actually make **** in house now.
Dring Dingle
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#13 - 2013-06-05 15:33:13 UTC
Gah my post didn't work :/

It was something along the lines of.
- no point mentioning the venture. The quantities are too small for any substantial industry.
- while yes nothing should be risk free, one of the only defences a barge pilot has is attention to what is happening.
- cloaky ship cannot be detected at all, unless you catch him when he enters system before he raises his cloak,
- an exception was made for sleepers in exploration sites in wh's, why not ore sites? Presumably you know how to explore by the time you move into one.
- why unesasarily nerf this aspect of wh space to match k space.
- why not make it a sig like the others again, The sigs are narrowed down considerably now anyway. This I presume would be preferred in low sec and nul for the same reasons.... But at least they have local. As it is a good scanner can nail you in 30 seconds

Yessss you can have scouts, yesss you can bubble the warp ins. But you needed to do most of these before they became anoms anyway,



:)
Hopelesshobo
Hoboland
#14 - 2013-06-05 15:37:30 UTC
Dring Dingle wrote:
Gah my post didn't work :/

It was something along the lines of.
- no point mentioning the venture. The quantities are too small for any substantial industry.
- while yes nothing should be risk free, one of the only defences a barge pilot has is attention to what is happening.
- cloaky ship cannot be detected at all, unless you catch him when he enters system before he raises his cloak,
- an exception was made for sleepers in exploration sites in wh's, why not ore sites? Presumably you know how to explore by the time you move into one.
- why unesasarily nerf this aspect of wh space to match k space.
- why not make it a sig like the others again, The sigs are narrowed down considerably now anyway. This I presume would be preferred in low sec and nul for the same reasons.... But at least they have local. As it is a good scanner can nail you in 30 seconds

Yessss you can have scouts, yesss you can bubble the warp ins. But you needed to do most of these before they became anoms anyway,



:)


Shouldn't a K162 instantly populate on your scanner at 0% when someone opens it? If it does just keep that window open, and bubble the warp in. Yes, they can warp straight to you, however, you can see when they come in instantly. From there just keep your statics closed.

Lowering the average to make you look better since 2012.

Dring Dingle
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#15 - 2013-06-06 01:13:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Dring Dingle
Well yes a new k162 wh would appear instantly and you have a warning, tho that's probably very annoying to the pirates :D (pretty sure there's a whole other thread designated to that)


Any cleaver pirates are gonna hold up for a few days in the hole they enter.Wait for that new ore sig. Wait for a happy little mining barge then shove a couple bombs up his... Tail pipe. I know im going to try it out...

"But that pirate went to the effort of waiting blah blah blah"

CCP have made the dscan on mining barges practically useless..... And while we are at it... WHY then are gas sites not anomalies as well???? It just makes no sense at all. None.

New scanning changes are great. But to help pirates out the scanner shouldn't run automatically... You should have to pump the scan to see new sigs/sites. And I still think grav sites should still be sigs, at least in wh space. Nul sec and low can keep a watchful eye on local chat for intel. Removing ANY source of intel on OTHER SHIPS for wh dwellers is to harsh.


Edit: other cloaky* ships,

o7
Lusty Wench
Nox Incurro
#16 - 2013-06-06 05:02:56 UTC
Dring Dingle wrote:


Any cleaver pirates are gonna hold up for a few days in the hole they enter.Wait for that new ore sig. Wait for a happy little mining barge then shove a couple bombs up his... Tail pipe. I know im going to try it out...




Yeah they *SO* aren't going to do that.

Wait for days on the off chance the victim logs in at the same time they are on? Then even there's a slim chance they are going to pull out the mining barge.

For what? 1 exhumer kill? Gimme a break.

Go to any hisec ice system and wait for a spawn then smartbomb the lot of them at once.


FYI there's no such thing as pirates in -1.0
Hopelesshobo
Hoboland
#17 - 2013-06-06 05:08:18 UTC
Dring Dingle wrote:
Well yes a new k162 wh would appear instantly and you have a warning, tho that's probably very annoying to the pirates :D (pretty sure there's a whole other thread designated to that)


Any cleaver pirates are gonna hold up for a few days in the hole they enter.Wait for that new ore sig. Wait for a happy little mining barge then shove a couple bombs up his... Tail pipe. I know im going to try it out...

"But that pirate went to the effort of waiting blah blah blah"

CCP have made the dscan on mining barges practically useless..... And while we are at it... WHY then are gas sites not anomalies as well???? It just makes no sense at all. None.

New scanning changes are great. But to help pirates out the scanner shouldn't run automatically... You should have to pump the scan to see new sigs/sites. And I still think grav sites should still be sigs, at least in wh space. Nul sec and low can keep a watchful eye on local chat for intel. Removing ANY source of intel on OTHER SHIPS for wh dwellers is to harsh.


Edit: other cloaky* ships,

o7


Grav sites last for a few days after the sleepers spawn from you mining it. This would be no different from before because they could just scan everything down and wait for you to use one of the grav sites for a few days, and bookmarks last forever.

Lowering the average to make you look better since 2012.

Dring Dingle
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#18 - 2013-06-06 06:31:19 UTC


Hobo - tho least at one stage a corpie COULD have seen unknown probes in system scanning the sites.
And then leave a note on the bookmarks that the site has been compromised.

You will now just die when mining in a site if someone has managed to sneak into system. Simple as that.
And there's nothing a barge can do about it. May as well take out their dscan it's useless.

(And why aren't gas anoms then?.....noooo sense)

Ok... No more arguing from me :P I've had enough.

Ciao o7
Nathan Jameson
Grumpy Bastards
#19 - 2013-06-06 08:37:41 UTC
Dring Dingle wrote:
You will now just die when mining in a site if someone has managed to sneak into system.


As opposed to before...?

Miners have gotten a simultaneous buff and nerf. We'll see how the pieces land.

http://www.wormholes.info

Jack Tronic
borkedLabs
#20 - 2013-06-06 08:38:43 UTC
Lenier Chenal wrote:
Just use a venture. Those things are annoying to catch, even with a 3+ point scram.


Bomber with faction scram. Problem solved.
123Next pageLast page