These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

New Data Sites *Big Problem*

Author
Dark Aiden
Wraithguard.
The Wraithguard.
#1 - 2013-06-04 22:22:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Dark Aiden
OK... I ran mag sites aka data sites before odyssey and it was awesome so now CCP has decided to complete trash (holding back foul language despite how hard this is) all of those sites which you would get really good loot helping you make money if you don't want to sit around with a gun your mouth all day and mine... SO I tried this new data site hacking game it is interesting yes BUT YOU FAIL TWICE AND IT BLOWS UP!! ARE YOU F***ING SERIOUS OH WAIT THEN IF YOU GET LUCKY ENOUGH TO SUCCEED IN THIS RIGGED GAME IT SHOOTS OUT A 100 MINIATURE CANS WHICH YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO CONTROL OVER AT GETTING THEM AND THEY BLOW UP AFTER 10 SECONDS....SO IN SHORT YOU JUST SPENT A HOUR OF YOUR LIFE FOR GARBAGE!!!!...... These sites need to be put back to how they were and CCP STOP KILLING EVERYTHING GOOD ABOUT THIS GAME!!! Twisted
Victoria Sin
Doomheim
#2 - 2013-06-04 22:44:38 UTC
Dark Aiden wrote:
OK... I ran mag sites aka data sites before odyssey and it was awesome so now CCP has decided to complete trash (holding back foul language despite how hard this is) all of those sites which you would get really good loot helping you make money if you don't want to sit around with a gun your mouth all day and mine... SO I tried this new data site hacking game it is interesting yes BUT YOU FAIL TWICE AND IT BLOWS UP!! ARE YOU F***ING SERIOUS OH WAIT THEN IF YOU GET LUCKY ENOUGH TO SUCCEED IN THIS RIGGED GAME IT SHOOTS OUT A 100 MINIATURE CANS WHICH YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO CONTROL OVER AT GETTING THEM AND THEY BLOW UP AFTER 10 SECONDS....SO IN SHORT YOU JUST SPENT A HOUR OF YOUR LIFE FOR GARBAGE!!!!...... These sites need to be put back to how they were and CCP STOP KILLING EVERYTHING GOOD ABOUT THIS GAME!!! Twisted

Have you got any stuff I can have?
Haulie Berry
#3 - 2013-06-04 22:58:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Haulie Berry
Dark Aiden wrote:

Don't fail twice, then. Frankly, I appreciate that there's a real reason to do exploration in an exploration-centric ship now, not to mention actually use T2 analyzer modules.

Also, they basically doubled the base amount of loot in the cans, and a blindfolded glass of orange juice should be able to grab at least half of the spew containers.
Zhilia Mann
Tide Way Out Productions
#4 - 2013-06-04 23:39:17 UTC
What a unique, insightful thread. What inspired you to write it? The added touch of putting it in Science & Industry was a blinding coup de grace to top it off; no one saw that coming!
Chic Botany
Doomheim
#5 - 2013-06-05 06:23:12 UTC
You sound angry OP, anything we can do to help?
Janna Windforce
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#6 - 2013-06-05 12:28:11 UTC
As "wrong" as the OP's post is, I have to mildly agree - on one hand they wanted to make exploration interesting for new ppl (new players and also those who never tried it), on other hand without T2 modules you don't really have big chance of getting something, even so if you are in eg. low/nullsec, where the sites are harder...
Haulie Berry
#7 - 2013-06-05 14:39:52 UTC
Janna Windforce wrote:
As "wrong" as the OP's post is, I have to mildly agree - on one hand they wanted to make exploration interesting for new ppl (new players and also those who never tried it), on other hand without T2 modules you don't really have big chance of getting something, even so if you are in eg. low/nullsec, where the sites are harder...

I did not have much trouble doing null and low sec sites on Sisi with T1 analyzers (I did rig, but that only increases the hitpoints).

The T2 analyzers are absolute easymode.
Xearal
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2013-06-05 16:04:47 UTC
1) Stop sucking at hacking, it's easy as cake in high/low, only null it gets a little harder
2) Get a buddy, 2 people can nab all the cans that spew out.
3) Your Stuff, can I haz?

Does railgun ammunition come in Hollow Point?

Huttan Funaila
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#9 - 2013-06-05 17:40:20 UTC
Victoria Sin wrote:
Have you got any stuff I can have?

I think it is all in one of those little blinky cans. And since it's only hydrogen batteries, I don't think it is going to be useful.

As for the OP, I recommend a book that your local library should have: Who Moved My Cheese. Throughout life, there will come times when your cheese gets moved and you have to change and adapt, especially when it is time for the new cover sheet for the TPS report.
Dark Aiden
Wraithguard.
The Wraithguard.
#10 - 2013-06-05 17:57:02 UTC
the problem is that they decided it would be smart to eject all your loot into cans that self destruct after 10 second I like the game its interesting I dont mind that but if i successfully hack it keep it like it use to be you open the can it is all there I think CCP is absolutely mentally f***ing ******** they introduce 1 thing and destroy 10 and im not quiting so where is the can i have your stuff coming from?
Haulie Berry
#11 - 2013-06-05 18:18:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Haulie Berry
Dark Aiden wrote:
the problem is that they decided it would be smart to eject all your loot into cans that self destruct after 10 second I like the game its interesting I dont mind that but if i successfully hack it keep it like it use to be you open the can it is all there I think CCP is absolutely mentally f***ing ******** they introduce 1 thing and destroy 10 and im not quiting so where is the can i have your stuff coming from?

...but they doubled the amount of loot, and it's trivial to grab half of those cans, so what's the real problem, here?

It basically allows you to solo-explore, and get the same amount of loot as before, or bring a friend without having to split the previous quantity of loot.
Dark Aiden
Wraithguard.
The Wraithguard.
#12 - 2013-06-05 20:25:09 UTC
Haulie Berry wrote:
Dark Aiden wrote:

...but they doubled the amount of loot, and it's trivial to grab half of those cans, so what's the real problem, here?

It basically allows you to solo-explore, and get the same amount of loot as before, or bring a friend without having to split the previous quantity of loot.

NO you will never get as much as you could before solo because you can only pick up 2 maybe 3 of those cans if your lucky so half? clearly you have not done it recently
Haulie Berry
#13 - 2013-06-05 20:33:13 UTC
Dark Aiden wrote:
Haulie Berry wrote:
Dark Aiden wrote:

NO you will never get as much as you could before solo because you can only pick up 2 maybe 3 of those cans if your lucky so half? clearly you have not done it recently

Spent a good bit of time doing it yesterday, and quite a number of hours on Singularity. If you can't grab half, you're inept.
Zane Lowe
I Need Some
#14 - 2013-06-05 21:04:05 UTC
1) the minigame is probably too easy, I almost never lose and I have **** skills.

2) The fact that you can use the cargo scanner to see what cans are going to be valuable and then cherry pick the good stuff is silly. This needs to be nerfed.
Haulie Berry
#15 - 2013-06-06 03:57:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Haulie Berry
This is a bit under 3 hours in low sec.

http://imgur.com/aNMdLoZ

As you can see, it is clearly impossible to get any loot anymore, data sites are completely screwed, and this is a huge problem, and we should all be ranting about it in CAPITAL LETTERS.
Tauranon
Weeesearch
CAStabouts
#16 - 2013-06-06 04:11:49 UTC
Once I figured out the strategy I haven't lost the minigame. I imagine it is possible to lose it, but you'd have to roll a pretty nasty board. Got 3 decryptors from 4 sites, its not an "unusual" haul by any means.

Although its less convenient, I doubt new players who never did it the old way will ever care.
Styth spiting
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#17 - 2013-06-06 06:37:31 UTC
Dark Aiden wrote:

Its a new game mechanic and you need to learn how it works. Yes change is awful and it should be feared but that's why you need to adapt.

First read up on the changes, go thought he dev blog, read the many many write ups already available, or watch some youtube videos. You also may have been able to get away with low relic/haking skills, but not they are needed for something other then simply using T2 mods. Have you bought the new mods available to increase skills in the meta game? Looked into ships that offer bonuses? Did you read that they increased the loot drop considerably and that on average collecting 1/2 the cans is considerably more then you would have gotten before the expansion, and that on average you will get more then before? Or how about the fact there are more items including faction tower BPCs?

Its better, in every way except that it is different. You need to learn how to play this new game mechanic and stop thinking of it as the old push button get a peanut game mechanic and now work for your isk.
Lilinallte Alleile
Game of Drones
Cyno.Up
#18 - 2013-06-06 07:28:44 UTC
Haulie Berry wrote:

As you can see, it is clearly impossible to get any loot anymore, data sites are completely screwed, and this is a huge problem, and we should all be ranting about it in CAPITAL LETTERS.

Nag nag nag... I've got my skills at level 3, my tools are T1 and i'm in 0.2 sec area. Just did a Data and a Relic site, no issues at all. Getting half the cans easily, but... not even close to what I was making before. In fact about half the amount, estimated. Now getting around 8 mill estimated value for half the cans spitted out after success, in pre-patched hacking site i would get between 15 and 20 mill estimated value...

Also: there seems to be little to no difference to the actual loot in either data and/or relic site... what happened to the bpc's i was getting before by the shitload?

Clearly, this needs fine-tuning... although i love the fact that the sites are no longer guarded:) probably a glitch too... hehehehe

Click https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=f95f73a0-8b2f-4dff-9945-0f6ad28e4fd1&action=buddy for a Buddy Invite...

Lilinallte Alleile
Game of Drones
Cyno.Up
#19 - 2013-06-06 07:33:02 UTC
Haulie Berry wrote:

Nice screenshot, and loot from low sec Amarr AND Gallente systems... Where did you get the bpc's from? i'm not getting any anymore, and exploration is my one and only occupation, so doing it all day:)

Click https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=f95f73a0-8b2f-4dff-9945-0f6ad28e4fd1&action=buddy for a Buddy Invite...

Praxis Ginimic
Best Kept Frozen.
Domain Research and Mining Inst.
#20 - 2013-06-06 07:43:38 UTC
Dude your caps lock key is broken
12Next page