These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

"dear" CCCP, YET ANOTHER caldari nerf?

Author
Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#81 - 2013-06-05 15:45:42 UTC
Paul Panala wrote:
Xamiakas wrote:
Paul Panala wrote:
All of the Raven pilots I know are really happy about the patch. You need to look at both the hull changes and the changes to cruise missiles.

As far as the Drake, yeah, as a Drake pilot I was frustrated about the changes...but I have to admit. The old Drake did seem OP compared to other Ballecruisers. I think they may have gone a little too far in nerfing it, in my opinion at least.

Give CCP some credit, they are doing a HUGE rebalance. They may not get everything right. We already saw they went back and tweaked a few of the same ships again in this patch. Sometimes it is hard to predict what will happen when you change 20 ships at a time.

happy `bout cruise missile changes? excuse where exactly did i mention PVE RAVEN pilots ? and since WHEN hisec PVE should take upper hand to low,null,wh`s again? happy to cruise missile changes?:D that really sounds more like telling me that they`ve buffed caldari cruiser hulls by raping HMLs and supposedly buffing HAMs :D as i`ve said before already.. this isn`t a FAQ for newcomers..
and if "rebalance" you mean the continuation of the few year old tradition by NERFING caldari yet again, you`re actually right :D though, really SHOULD go check the dictionary.
don`t know wtf you on about? if you really don`t, apply for a job @ CCCP = you`re a perfect recruit.

I said nothing about PvE. The Raven is built to be an extreme long range Battleship, look at its bonuses. Like any ship in Eve, if you try to fit/use it in a way that does not favor its bonuses you will be disappointed. Yes, the Odyssey changes make it better at performing that role in a PvP fleet.

I think the real challenge with Caldari is that their two weapon systems, Missile and Hybrid (gunnery), do not share any skills. As a Caldari pilot you are forced to write off half of their fleet until you have good skill for missiles and gunnery. Other races have the same problems, both with weapsons and tank, so you can't really say its unfair.

Long range missile are still more of a liability in pvp than a bonus. If you truly use thier range, you ca then be probed and warped to. Even if you don't, you still need a close range fleet to keep your enemy on grid or they will just warp away when they see the missiles coming.
Frosty-nee
Nobody in Local
Deepwater Hooligans
#82 - 2013-06-05 15:48:39 UTC
Frostys Virpio wrote:

Long range missile are still more of a liability in pvp than a bonus. If you truly use thier range, you ca then be probed and warped to. Even if you don't, you still need a close range fleet to keep your enemy on grid or they will just warp away when they see the missiles coming.

Bubbles and/or tackle is pretty good in pvp, or so I hear.

"There will be neither compassion nor mercy; Nor peace, nor solace For those who bear witness to these Signs And still do not believe." - The Scriptures, Book of Reclaiming 25:10

Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#83 - 2013-06-05 16:00:40 UTC
Frosty-nee wrote:
Frostys Virpio wrote:

Bubbles and/or tackle is pretty good in pvp, or so I hear.

I hear those were provided by

Frostys Virpio wrote:
a close range fleet to keep your enemy on grid or they will just warp away

but I might be wrong...
Sarmatiko
#84 - 2013-06-05 16:02:25 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:
You say you snipe with torps and claim Large Rails can't snipe?
This thread just gets wierder.

Checked OP KB losses. Actually he used both torpedoes and 250mm rails on his Raven.
TIL: POS bashing now actually called as "pro PVP".
The Slayer
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#85 - 2013-06-05 16:06:15 UTC
But again I ask, in what way are you using this Raven that you fly with torps and no tackle? You have yet to say what you actually do in a Raven and "fly close mega blap blap torps" is neither a legible answer nor a functional English sentence so please try to think hard before you spew another nonsense post on the board.
Frosty-nee
Nobody in Local
Deepwater Hooligans
#86 - 2013-06-05 16:10:14 UTC
Frostys Virpio wrote:

Frostys Virpio wrote:

but I might be wrong...

Which already works fine with other fleet comps so I don't really see what the difference is here

"There will be neither compassion nor mercy; Nor peace, nor solace For those who bear witness to these Signs And still do not believe." - The Scriptures, Book of Reclaiming 25:10

Grimpak
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#87 - 2013-06-05 16:18:37 UTC
so wait:

they shave off the 8th hislot of the raven, while keeping the 6 launcher slots, so it gets 1 utility (more than some) and give it a 7th midslot, thus increasing the ability to tank on the raven.

in addition they pretty much boost cruise missile dps by like 50%, while only making them slight less effective for shooting frigates and launchers getting a bit harder to fit on grid, which is a resource that isn't hard to come by in a shield setup.

dayum, look at dat nerf!

[img]http://eve-files.com/sig/grimpak[/img]

[quote]The more I know about humans, the more I love animals.[/quote] ain't that right

Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#88 - 2013-06-05 16:20:57 UTC
Sarmatiko wrote:
Ramona McCandless wrote:
You say you snipe with torps and claim Large Rails can't snipe?
This thread just gets wierder.

Checked OP KB losses. Actually he used both torpedoes and 250mm rails on his Raven.
TIL: POS bashing now actually called as "pro PVP".

Mixed or RailRaven?

Either way....

Just no.

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#89 - 2013-06-05 16:23:33 UTC
Frosty-nee wrote:
Frostys Virpio wrote:

Frostys Virpio wrote:

but I might be wrong...

Which already works fine with other fleet comps so I don't really see what the difference is here

Of course it affect all long range weapons but the delayed damage only adds up to that. The raven is basicly long range weapon with extra penalties in pvp.
Samillian
Angry Mustellid
#90 - 2013-06-05 17:03:35 UTC
I checked your killboard out of curiosity OP and as far as I can see you only use Ravens for structure bashing which considering the mass limitations on many statics is a bit of a waste. You could bring much more DPS in the form of Tier 3's to do the same job, Oracles are ideal and were standard kit with Guardian support for the job during my time in wormspace.

Why did you ever waste time lugging that thing into a hole, I can't bring myself to believe you squandered time, effort and resources actually building the thing in there.

NBSI shall be the whole of the Law

Vaju Enki
Secular Wisdom
#91 - 2013-06-05 17:04:45 UTC
Raven got a huge buff.

The Tears Must Flow

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#92 - 2013-06-05 17:07:31 UTC
…so, what was this “caldari nerf” again?
Quit Whining
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#93 - 2013-06-05 17:26:48 UTC
Hilarious thread.

It's a shame that the new Raven buff will negatively affect the OPs EVE experience.
Zimmy Zeta
Perkone
Caldari State
#94 - 2013-06-05 17:32:36 UTC
Frosty-nee wrote:
This thread is amazing! It's somewhat disheartening to look at it though and not be able to tell if he's serious or not.

Well, his corp title says "Head Troll", so I suppose this guy and his pal (alt) believe that what they are doing here is trolling.

But I could be wrong, who knows?

I'd like to apologize for the poor quality of the post above and sincerely hope you didn't waste your time reading it. Yes, I do feel bad about it.

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#95 - 2013-06-05 17:33:38 UTC
Word is out that we will be too busy puking on our keyboards to notice.

Looking forward to it. Gotta trim down for the runway you know.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Tsukino Stareine
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#96 - 2013-06-05 17:36:02 UTC
Rengerel en Distel wrote:
I too hate it when they nerf something by increasing the damage it can produce.

nerfception
De'Veldrin
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#97 - 2013-06-05 17:54:03 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:
Xamiakas wrote:
Ramona McCandless wrote:
Xamiakas wrote:
excuse where exactly did i mention PVE RAVEN pilots ?

There are other kinds?

sorry my dear little cheap troll.. ignored. i`d like to say "cya" but i know i won`t.

Try again

Please explain HOW YOU PVP IN A RAVEN

Is this concept too hard for you?

Just because you can't answer it, doesn't make me a troll.

PvPing in a Raven is easy:

1. Warp in
2. Lock Target
3. Launch First Volley fo missiles
4. Explode from enemy alpha
5. Do damage.

De'Veldrin's Corollary (to Malcanis' Law): Any idea that seeks to limit the ability of a large nullsec bloc to do something in the name of allowing more small groups into sov null will inevitably make it that much harder for small groups to enter sov null.

Vertisce Soritenshi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#98 - 2013-06-05 17:57:31 UTC
Xamiakas wrote:
Any good reason why pretty much every single expansion for the last 2-3 years have been sealed with **** of caldari fleet? :Drake, HMLs/tengus, now i see raven got a kick in the nuts too. wtf? raven was the weakest BS in this game for the last like 2 years as it is .. so you decided to work on that and nerf it even more? WHY...? just.. WHY?

God...I was just going to start grammar and spell checking your post but damn...I have absolutely no clue what you are trying to say here. I am better off trying to read Wingdings.

Bounties for all! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2279821#post2279821

Koshie Naranek
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#99 - 2013-06-05 20:00:41 UTC
OP troll = 2/10

Lucky I give you 2. Only because so many replied.

But only 2. Raven was nerfed? Really? Nice laugh mate.

Serious comment follows:

Odd that half my hanger is full of pvp caldari ships. Never thought I would see the day.
Skydell
Bad Girl Posse
#100 - 2013-06-06 04:23:46 UTC
You need to look at the new build costs as well.

The new Raven is cheaper to build than the Naga and not a whole lot more than a Ferox. It's the same with the Apoc, Thron and Tempest. Once the market resets these ships will drop well below 100 mill. With the additional minerals in ABC I won't be surprised to see Ravens hit 50 mill.