These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVE Online: Odyssey Issues

First post First post First post
Author
Aineko Macx
#401 - 2013-06-05 05:32:38 UTC
Occasionally, pressing the wallet icon in the Neocom won't open the wallet window.
frdbrlw1988
Just another 1 man 0 Tax corp
#402 - 2013-06-05 05:56:32 UTC
When i try and change the subsystems on my tech 3 cruiser in my pos, i get this message: you can't fit subsystems in space. so i thought this was going to be added?, is there something i am doing wrong?
Mattie Silks
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#403 - 2013-06-05 05:58:18 UTC
raging star wrote:
I used to be able to fly all command ships, now i can't and my alt was able to fly an archon and now he can't. what happen to fly it before and still being able to fly it? when can be expect a fix? and yes i try using the ships and the msg error saying i don't have the skill to fly it EvilEvilEvilEvilEvilEvil

If you could fly it, you can fly it. The only ships that should be having potential issues are some Caldari ones as they had a bug that will be fixed first DT after the patch. If you have something that you can't actually board, you should petition/bug it. If you have something you can board, but you can't undock, you should make sure the fitting slots haven't changed and that you're not over-fit for the new ship (some ships lost slots, which means if you had them fit, you have to remove them before you can undock).
Mattie Silks
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#404 - 2013-06-05 05:59:30 UTC
moters wrote:
Some ships i can fly have incomplete skills i can fly the ship but missing some skills that should be filled up. Such as gallente hac Energry grid upgrades is not fully filled in and i could fly hacs before. It shows green i can fly.Is this intented? same thing on destroyers for never really trained that one But i can still fly my battleship but destroyers is at level 2.

They are not filling up skills for free. You can still fly the ships despite the missing skills, so long as you have the top-level skills already. This is part of the 'if you could fly it, you can fly it' part of the patch.
Pterya
Garden Gnome Industries
#405 - 2013-06-05 06:00:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Pterya
Problem 1
Dual Monitors both cant load CQ, first one to finish loads fine, other stops but i can hear myself walking around...
each client is set to a separate card

[SOLVED] Problem 2 - Derp on my part
Clients no longer retake focus, if i open firefox, eve client will no longer take focus, I have to minimize firefox to see the client.
I use Fixed Window

Problem 3
randomly either one or both clients load black nothingness, its random, can be after gate jump, logging in, docking... it just happens.

Intel Q6600
2x GTX 460 (314.22 drivers)
4gb ram
ingame settings med to high

EDIT: Also undocking no longer remembers where my camera was, I undock and it zooooms into the top of my Tengu.. Tracking camera is disabled.
Galatea Galilei
Summa Universalia
#406 - 2013-06-05 06:01:50 UTC
Loot cans from data/relic sites are failing to appear on the overview, and they're too small (and moving) to effectively click on in space. The hacking minigame is great but nearly all the site's loot goes to waste (they expire way too quick, too).
Kael StarFly
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#407 - 2013-06-05 06:03:02 UTC
Jack Miton wrote:
Kael StarFly wrote:
I have come across one issue that I'm not sure is intended or a bug. The problem is, when I create a custom filter for scanning (I.e., data / relic) then the filter doesn't work until the range gets down to 2 AU. In other words, I can create a filter for data & relic sites but it will still show all results UNTIL I get the scan down to 2 AU. After that the scan will report NO results if the site is not a data / relic site. The same applies to any other filter that I createt.

This is working exactly like it used to.
Untill you ID the sig, it won't get filtered.

Hmm thanks for letting me know that. I'm very new to the game (well, returning player, but gone so long that I'm very much a newb). I'm going to create a feature request about this "problem". It explains why I was having so much trouble scanning down sites before the expansion.

Now that I know the problem was the filter then I feel silly for not thinking of it before. However, I looked online and asked in help channels about my trouble scanning sites and I was told that my skills just weren't good enough. I saw plenty of other new players asking the same question and the answer was always the same: Skills aren't good enough. I even saw posts from experienced players telling new players to not try to scan mag / radar sites because they were too hard to find. I never heard anyone mention the filter. I don't recall it being mentioned in the exploration tutorial either, and now that I've turned the filter off I can scan anything without any trouble. Bummer.

Anyway, I know now so it's all good, but it would definitely be nice for us new players if we got a message saying that the result disappeared due to a filter instead of just saying "no results found."
Hades Moonbeam
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#408 - 2013-06-05 06:05:47 UTC
This toon has the correct Caldari BC stat to V but I cant undock any caldari BC with error: "Operation of Naga requires the skills Caldari Battlecruiser : Level 1"

GG

:/
Kael StarFly
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#409 - 2013-06-05 06:05:57 UTC
Galatea Galilei wrote:
Loot cans from data/relic sites are failing to appear on the overview, and they're too small (and moving) to effectively click on in space. The hacking minigame is great but nearly all the site's loot goes to waste (they expire way too quick, too).

The cans for data / relic sites can be added to your overview. It's under "Entity > Scanner Container". Not exactly intuitive. I found it by mousing over a can in space.

I agree that loot disappears too quickly. I've heard that they did that to encourage co-op exploration but I hope they re-think it. I like the mini game, but I usually hunt for data / relic sites when I'm tired or short on time--e.g., the times I DON'T feel like forming a fleet. Reducing my loot because I prefer to play solo is quite disappointing.
Bubanni
Corus Aerospace
#410 - 2013-06-05 06:10:22 UTC
I noticed 2 bugs so far.

1: When I drag items across the the screen, like moving the modules from f1 to f8... the camra moves, this also happens in station when moving items...

2: sometimes when I start a warp, I notice the tunnel effect from the new stargate jump. for a fraction of a second. think I noticed it about 4 times already, might have happened more often, but I don't recall

Supercap nerf - change ewar immunity https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=194759 Module activation delay! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1180934

Trinity Griffin
Clann Fian
#411 - 2013-06-05 06:38:02 UTC
Quite like most of the new changes, more stuff to learn is always good.

One thing I am having an issue with the background colours on the scan results. Can we get an option to darken or change or remove the background colour so I don't have to squint to read the results? Getting an issue with eye strain.
Yonis Kador
KADORCORP
#412 - 2013-06-05 06:38:58 UTC
hobag Bear wrote:

Yonis Kador wrote:
Out of the blue, a new damage notification sound just began on my primary client. With every decrease in armor, 80,79,78,77 a blee-bleep sound is audible. That can't be intentional. If every mission is going to require listening to 1000 blee-bleeps, wow, talk about a decrease in the quality of that experience. A low-cap or low-armor warning is one thing, but this is just ridiculous. (The annoyance is actually what caused me to stop playing and post now.)
YK

While there are far more major and pressing bugs (the several game-breaking WH ones, gatefire, etc), I'm going to be selfish and repost these two smaller bugs, since they are fairly annoying to me.

1. The volume of the Damage Alerts has been /significantly/ reduced and I can find no way to undo this.
2. I can confirm Yonis's report of unnecessary and distracting "bleep-bloops" upon taking armor damage.

I've had that blank overview glitch a few more times but it isn't so bad now that I figured out that I can "jump through gate" or "autopilot" from my assets or a bookmark and once I enter another system it resets. When it happens though, space is all distorted, convex or concave (whichever) and I can't see other players even though they can see me.

And yep I agree that the useful alerts (low cap, low shields, low armor - the omg you're about to die alerts) are super low. With headphones on I practically can't hear those at all. The only sound I can hear (exceptionally well btw) is the relentless, nonstop, once per second, over and over and over, sound of my ship taking armor damage. (And Gods forbid should my armor get too low because then the annoying lil sucker gets faster and faster and even louder. aaggh!) As this Amarr dude flies Amarr ships and always armor tanks, this is super annoying. There's no alert until shields get low (so congrats Caldari, you're safe) but once you get past the low shield mark its an unnecessary bloop-a-thon that's really offputting. It's digital water-torture for the Amarr race.

It's going to take a week to fully investigate all the changes that rolled out with Odyssey. I'll have more feedback at some point. I'm going to scan down anomalies tomorrow. But for now, this minor complaint is a major annoyance. I can't get past it. Even when I'm listening to music, it's all I hear.

Bloop. Please. Bloop. make. Bloop. it. Bloop. stop. Bloop. Bloop. Bloop!

YK
KIller Wabbit
MEME Thoughts
#413 - 2013-06-05 06:51:21 UTC  |  Edited by: KIller Wabbit
CCP Falcon wrote:
EVE Online: Odyssey has been successfully deployed on Tranquility on June 4th, 2013.

Known issues:
Undocking to completely black space on some graphics cards - Please post details with your graphics card here and file a bug report so we can investigate this further
Low frame rate on some graphics cards - Please post details with your graphics card here and file a bug report so we can investigate this further

This.

NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT

Changing systems, multiple dock/undocks, cache reset, computer reboot - nothing fixes. Black screen after I dock once. Change system and I get a bit of a normal view back, but cannot change my POV in direction or magnification.

Something is hosed in the system scan software.

Give us an option to turn off the jump animation... sickening after the 10th time
Yanu zantal
Khalkru's Minions
#414 - 2013-06-05 06:58:31 UTC
Stargate jump animations are sickening, especially while traveling more than a gate or two. Need an option to disable it.

The animations also perform poorly, stuttering irregularly, on a 3 GHz quad i7 pc and NVidia GTX video card, and with all graphics options turned to minumum.

The dumbing down of probing/scanning and the fail re-design of the scanning window has trashed veteran players who explore, in favor of noobs. R.I.P.

The target icons flashing when that ship dies, is badly distracting in the middle of a fight, and totally unneeded. Need an option to disable it.

Aessoroz
Nohbdy.
Verge of Collapse
#415 - 2013-06-05 06:58:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Aessoroz
Me and my corpmates have ALOT of ships that undock from Jita appear as "Unpiloted". Wartargets show up as blank neutral unpiloted ships when they should be red. Just sit on the undock and you'll see 1 or two ships every minute undock in this condition. They can be blue, neutral,red,etc. Seems to be very persistent with war targets for some reason.
Kaivaja
State War Academy
Caldari State
#416 - 2013-06-05 07:15:55 UTC
TheKount Udan wrote:
I am having trouble downloading the patch. It is stuck at 10.7%. PC

A friend of mine had this issue. It got fixed when he rebooted his PC.
KIller Wabbit
MEME Thoughts
#417 - 2013-06-05 07:18:33 UTC
CCP karkur wrote:
Crowesnest wrote:
I'm seeing a problem where I cannot use the drone launch buttons on the overview screen. Actually it appears that all of those buttons don't seem to work.

Also is there a way to disable the auto-focus? I get sea sick when I click on a drone.

The launch drones thing is a bug, and we will patch it soon.
To disable the tracking camera, press C on your keyboard Smile

I keep turning tracking off and every time I undock the @^%!@$%!* thing turns back on. Cache has been dumped.

Djana Libra
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#418 - 2013-06-05 07:19:29 UTC
Everytime i open the scanner window camera tracking automatically enables, dno if this is intended or not but i keep pressing C to turn it back off.
Josef Djugashvilis
#419 - 2013-06-05 07:23:54 UTC
Sometimes all the pre-set and my personal overview settings disappear.

All of them. Ships, gates, stations, etc. Can be a bit awkward really.

A re-log seems to fix it, then rinse and repeat when needed.

This is not a signature.

disasteur
disasterous industries
#420 - 2013-06-05 07:32:50 UTC
Dear CCP,

after reassessing the update called oddyssy i cam to the following conclusion...

1. your timed icebelts will screw the entire eve population
2. the implementing of new tech 2 materials at the same time as the update is beyond stupidity
3. your gate jump is way over the top and seriously anoying
4. the autoscan...... WTF??? please atleast let me turn that damn thing off
5. do you really hate highsec dwellers so much?

this is ofc my personal opinion feel free to p*ss on me..

thank u for listening.