These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

new graphics made me vomit

Author
metalravenous
Pyramid Celestial
#1 - 2013-06-04 20:10:46 UTC
I am not the type of player that undocks often but I needed to move around today..I actually vomited after going through a few gates.

I shut down all the graphics settings that I could to low but it won't go back to the way it was. Does anyone know how to shut this stuff off yet?
Haulie Berry
#2 - 2013-06-04 20:12:54 UTC
Just get one of those little motion sickness stickers that you put behind your ear. It'll be fine.
Shukuzen
#3 - 2013-06-04 20:13:08 UTC
You can disable some of the things but as for the gate jump animation, that is here to stay(thankfully, because it's gorgeous)
Roggle
Tactically Euthanized
#4 - 2013-06-04 20:14:00 UTC
Black Dranzer
#5 - 2013-06-04 20:14:48 UTC
You know, I'm seeing enough complaints about motion sickness to think that it might be a real issue.

Me, I don't have a problem with it. But if others do.. hmm.
metalravenous
Pyramid Celestial
#6 - 2013-06-04 20:16:57 UTC
It isn't just the wormhole jump thing its the scanner thing that rotates ack, well just another reason to not undock for fleets \o/
J3ssica Alba
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2013-06-04 20:17:03 UTC
maybe playing video games in general is just bad for you as a simple tunnel zoom effect causes you such distress
This is my signature. There are many others like it, but this one is mine.  Without me, my signature is useless. Without my signature, I am useless
Burl en Daire
M.O.M.S. Corp
#8 - 2013-06-04 20:18:21 UTC
Black Dranzer wrote:
You know, I'm seeing enough complaints about motion sickness to think that it might be a real issue.

If it is that bad then there should be an option to disable it. I didn't have a problem but when j showed my wife she said it made fell sick.

Yesterday's weirdness is tomorrow's reason why. Hunter S. Thompson

metalravenous
Pyramid Celestial
#9 - 2013-06-04 20:20:09 UTC  |  Edited by: metalravenous
Pretty much I don't do well with flashing stuff which is why i dont pvp/pve - mainly just station trade but on occasion i need to move a toon around...im just going to stay docked untill ccp comes up with a fix
Darvaleth Sigma
Imperial Security Hegemony
#10 - 2013-06-04 20:20:45 UTC
The ultimate in laziness: I cbf to even close my own eyes, CCP make a setting for me!

Give a man a match and you warm him for a day.

Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!

Alexa Coates
Coalition Of Misfits
#11 - 2013-06-04 20:21:23 UTC
as ccp would say
harden the **** up.

That's a Templar, an Amarr fighter used by carriers.

Makoto Priano
Kirkinen-Arataka Transhuman Zenith Consulting Ltd.
#12 - 2013-06-04 20:21:37 UTC
Hmmm.

3/10. Repeats other complaints, trolls with biological humor, but otherwise fairly uninspired trolling. Useful for a quick trollolol when in need, but not recommended for the connoisseur.

Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries: exploring the edge of the known, advancing the state of the art. Would you like to know more?

Rose Hips
Zero Dot Zero
#13 - 2013-06-04 20:26:03 UTC

You vomited? WIN!!!

Buck up buckie boy

Forum signature removed by Empress Jamyl as instructed by the Jove

Bow down before the one you serve; you're going to get what you deserve

Max Singularity is the way, the light, the Harbinger of Faith and true hope for New Eden!

Avalon Ranger
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#14 - 2013-06-04 20:26:41 UTC
This is the forth or fifth thread stating the same thing.

Use one of the other available threads if you're going to whine.
Xercodo
Cruor Angelicus
#15 - 2013-06-04 20:26:43 UTC
metalravenous
Pyramid Celestial
#16 - 2013-06-04 20:27:59 UTC
no trolo

id be happy with a loading bar or better yet nothing and been around long enough to know they will change it...thing is the brown noise that the gates used to make had the same effect on me...at least with that i could shut of the sound on my computer
Bane Veradun
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#17 - 2013-06-04 20:29:06 UTC
Shukuzen wrote:
You can disable some of the things but as for the gate jump animation, that is here to stay(thankfully, because it's gorgeous)

I'm torn on this. I know the devs put a lot of work into it and it IS pretty, but I'm also leaning towards having an option to toggle it on and off. Didn't make me ill or anything, but I noticed that it increases time traveled between gates. A few jump won't matter, but halfway across the galaxy adds up. My friend and I figure it is a device meant to make transition smoother between systems, and that's a good thing, so I don't know.

In either case, good job CCP devs, very interesting and beautiful graphics, appreciate all your hard work!

Hi.

Black Dranzer
#18 - 2013-06-04 20:29:26 UTC
Guys, I like the new effect too, but if the fact that a graphical effect literally induces vomiting isn't sufficient grounds for an off switch, then what the hell is? Because I'm not sure how much worse it even can get.
sera leonza
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#19 - 2013-06-04 20:30:28 UTC
Black Dranzer wrote:

Nah it's people over reacting as per change protocol.

The jump animation is almost identical to the warp animation. (yet they don't complain about that)

If it's because of tracking camera, just turn it off.
grrlet
Leper Outcast Unclean
#20 - 2013-06-04 20:34:35 UTC
Did you hit "C" to turn off the auto focus?
123Next page