These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

About those ice mining changes...

Author
Captain Tardbar
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1 - 2013-06-04 18:14:43 UTC
So I log on curious about the ice mining changes and learn from a fleet mate they mined out the ice belt and were currently waiting four hours to respawn...

I go "Hrm...." and then I go "Hrm..." real hard again.

Then I say to myself "Well Ice mining is officially too tedious now."

Hate to say this, but the long duration little interaction was probably the only reason I was playing EVE.

At this point I am apathetic to whether I am going back to regular asteroid mining or quitting the game.

I think I will really miss being able to earn isk while watching Netflix, Youtube, or just doing homework.

I'm not mad about it, I just feel somewhat "so so" as I haven't been playing EVE that much anyways.

Either way I suppose most ice miners aren't really impressed by the changes and neither are POS owners.

Looking to talk on VOIP with other EVE players? Are you new and need help with EVE (welfare) or looking for advice? Looking for adversarial debate with angry people?

Captain Tardbar's Voice Discord Server

Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#2 - 2013-06-04 18:15:51 UTC
Captain Tardbar wrote:
Then I say to myself "Well Ice mining is officially too tedious now."

Because Ice mining was so action packed before.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Kirjava
Lothian Enterprises
#3 - 2013-06-04 18:16:09 UTC
Can I have your stuff?

[center]Haruhiists - Overloading Out of Pod discussions since 2007. /人◕‿‿◕人\ Unban Saede![/center]

Captain Tardbar
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#4 - 2013-06-04 18:18:38 UTC
Kirjava wrote:
Can I have your stuff?

Send me any amount of isk and I promise I will double... nay... triple it.

Looking to talk on VOIP with other EVE players? Are you new and need help with EVE (welfare) or looking for advice? Looking for adversarial debate with angry people?

Abrazzar
Vardaugas Family
#5 - 2013-06-04 18:19:30 UTC
So the only reason you played EVE was to be afk for most of your time?
Esharan
Siren's Curse
Deus Vult.
#6 - 2013-06-04 18:19:43 UTC
Can I please have your stuff? I said please...

Jenn aSide
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#7 - 2013-06-04 18:21:24 UTC
I see your sig Tard.

Captain Tardbar wrote:
"Entitlement" is a euphemism for "I hate the way you play and it makes me cry like a baby".

Let me fix

Captain Tardbar wrote:
"Entitlement" is a euphemism for "I really want to make isk safely while doing something else and not ineracting with the game much".

I'm sad for you
Captain Tardbar
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#8 - 2013-06-04 18:22:20 UTC
Abrazzar wrote:

Yep. Amazing way to spent $14.95, but at least CCP was getting that money I suppose.

QuakeGod
Empire Manufacturing
#9 - 2013-06-04 18:22:24 UTC
One more AFK ice miner taken out of the equation. I don't see the problem here.
Abrazzar
Vardaugas Family
#10 - 2013-06-04 18:24:37 UTC
Captain Tardbar wrote:
Abrazzar wrote:

Yep. Amazing way to spent $14.95, but at least CCP was getting that money I suppose.

I guess some customers aren't considered worth their 15 bucks.
Mocam
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2013-06-04 18:27:23 UTC
QuakeGod wrote:

It's a wait and see.

1 miner = nothing much to worry about.

If ice collection takes a big hit, we'll be hearing about this from all sorts of corners in the game as ice has a lot of uses.

I don't know about you but personally I won't go do that. It's no where near a style of play I'd find interesting. Shooting rocks with lasers looks boring and ice mining always struck me as 1 step down from that.

Again, it's a wait and see if it dissatisfies a lot or just a few or actually attracts more to it than they lose.
Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2013-06-04 18:29:55 UTC
Captain Tardbar wrote:
I think I will really miss being able to earn isk while watching Netflix, Youtube, or just doing homework.

This is the best part. No longer can you just get the rewards without putting the work in.

EVE is better off without attitudes like this one. Bai!! Blink

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Ana Vyr
Vyral Technologies
#13 - 2013-06-04 18:34:52 UTC
QuakeGod wrote:

I suspect there will be problems with the ice supply now. Given that ice fields now deplete, ice mining is exactly the same as belt mining at this point. We shall see.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#14 - 2013-06-04 18:38:22 UTC
Ana Vyr wrote:
QuakeGod wrote:

I suspect there will be problems with the ice supply now. Given that ice fields now deplete, ice mining is exactly the same as belt mining at this point. We shall see.

Good.
BORRIS DEMONTFORD
THE OFFENDERS
#15 - 2013-06-04 18:41:16 UTC
If Ice prices go silly, ccp has gone too far, if they tend back to where they were, ccp has not gone far enough.

The market will decide.
Abrazzar
Vardaugas Family
#16 - 2013-06-04 18:45:47 UTC
BORRIS DEMONTFORD wrote:
If Ice prices go silly, ccp has gone too far, if they tend back to where they were, ccp has not gone far enough.

The market will decide.

Maybe then they will roll out other methods to get ice products, like comets, stellar ejections or alchemy reactions (oxygen+oxygen+oxygen=>2ozone)