These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVE Online: Odyssey Issues

First post First post First post
Author
SaltyandSweet
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#201 - 2013-06-04 16:25:01 UTC
when i go to apply patch it stays stuck on 73.7%, everytime ive gone to patch it never works the 1st 2nd or 3rd time.....wtf

Im So Baller I Buy Plex Cuz im too lazy to do PVE!

No Alibi
Sometimes Here
#202 - 2013-06-04 16:27:06 UTC
GoffyDude Davaham wrote:
My undock button is gone. Also have the Caldari BC issue. Clearing cache did not fix...

PC client.

UPDATE: Edit for trying clearing the cache.

Look upper right.

I fly by the seat of my pants, No wonder my ass is always on fire!

Anah Sarlai
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#203 - 2013-06-04 16:27:52 UTC
Im kinda angry when i tryed to play today... I used to fly a Zealot and now it needs an energy grid 5 to fly it... I was flying this ship for over 6 month, and now i have to train a skill that i dont really get in use.

I know this new content makes alot of ppl happy, but what about the policy of IF YOU COULD FLY THE SHIP YOU STILL CAN AFTER THE PATCH?

I have to be offline for 9 days now to train that skill to even do missions, cause i dont have any other ship to proper get any ISK... pls do something about it... its kinda annoying....
Infinite Force
#204 - 2013-06-04 16:27:57 UTC
Jack Miton wrote:
Ok, couple quick things regarding scanning system before bed:

1. You can't ignore anoms from result list. Hoping that's a bug...
2. When you undock you get a full list of anoms and sigs in system but if you ignore some or if you put probes out and then pull them, youre stuck with your last scan result and can't get a full list of sigs back without launching probes. This is inconsistent, either you should need probes to see sigs, or you should not.

This 1000 times over.

Also, you can "CLEAR" anoms from your results list --- but guess what ? You CAN'T GET THEM BACK!

The scanning improvements so far are eye candy only. You have broken functionality!

HROLT CEO Live Free; Die Proud

http://tinyurl.com/95zmyzw - The only way to go!

Mangala Solaris
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#205 - 2013-06-04 16:28:39 UTC
Will be bug reporting this when & if I can reproduce it, but very randomly when i jump into a system my overview will not populate and neither will brackets.

Changing overview tabs and the like doesn't fix it, only jumping out of the system does so.
thunXa
My Own One
#206 - 2013-06-04 16:30:14 UTC
Maximus Andendare wrote:
thunXa wrote:
I have no skill points in my free allocation Pool for not having Gallente Cruiser skill.

I got all BC5 except Gallente because of that.

So shouldn't i receive 1,536,000 SP for Gallente BC5 for the missing Gallente Cruiser skill?
Could you fly Gallente BCs (Brutix, Myrmidon, Talos) before the patch?

> If no, why do you think CCP would give you skill points to fly ships that you could not before?

> If yes, meaning you had Gallente Frigate IV and Gallente Cruiser III before the patch, then it's likely a bug that others are reporting and they are working on it. You are free to petition it.

CCP was never going to give out unallocated skill points UNLESS you only had the Battlecruiser Skill and NO racial cruiser skills of any sort.

then you should read the Devblog.

Quote:
Players having the Destroyers or Battlecruisers skill trained, but with no Racial Frigate or Racial Cruiser skill at least level 3 will have their skill points for both of the skills moved into a the skill point allocation pool.
Phext
SIGBUS
#207 - 2013-06-04 16:30:54 UTC
Necroromantic wrote:

1. OP = ?
2. Graphics card = ?
and so on

If you can't file a petition because you already filed two petitions with topics not related to your graphic problems, why don't you just file a bug report (you should've done it in instead of filing a petition anyway):

http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Bug_reporting

That said, if one of your petitions is addressing the things you are talking about here, why don't you just attach the information the support personal is requesting?

https://community.eveonline.com/support/petitions/my-petitions/

Necroromantic wrote:

then i can give them what they want and know my home system will not be targeted by their enemies who do stuff like ddos attacks...

Everytime you connect to the cluster you deliver "them" more relevant data than the stuff they are asking you for right now...your "home system" is totally irrelevant as a dos target for "their enemies". It's relevant as a source for "their enemies" though,...but that's totally unrelated to whatever scenario you are trying to create here...

:wq!

Thorian Crystal
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#208 - 2013-06-04 16:31:09 UTC
All buttons should work similarly, which means activate on click. At the moment the new captain's quarters and undock -buttons activate on press, which is clearly a bug.
Dominous Nolen
The Graduates
The Initiative.
#209 - 2013-06-04 16:31:33 UTC
Aiko Hanomaa wrote:
Dominous Nolen wrote:

Just curious. What card are you running and what driver.

I had this and dumped the shader to Medium as per the provided work around until Nvidia/CCP get this worked out.

Gf 650ti, and 320.18 (the latest recommended version).
Reducing the setting does indeed "fix" the problem. The low frame rates remain, though.

Same thing i ran into. I wonder if rolling back to 314.xx (can't remember the previous version number) will restore functionality. Only seemed to happen after i went to 320.18 on my 660GTX

@dominousnolen

"Fly dangerously, Fly safe, Fly whatever, just keep Flying." - Lee Blackwood

b24j68
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#210 - 2013-06-04 16:32:44 UTC
I guess this is more a suggestion then a problem. With all the probes in the overview now it can be hard to find what you are looking for. Eventually I will get around to removing them from my views.

I was think it would be nice if you are on a planned route that the waypoints would be put on the top of the overview regardless of distance.
Mattie Silks
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#211 - 2013-06-04 16:32:44 UTC
Anah Sarlai wrote:
Im kinda angry when i tryed to play today... I used to fly a Zealot and now it needs an energy grid 5 to fly it... I was flying this ship for over 6 month, and now i have to train a skill that i dont really get in use.

I know this new content makes alot of ppl happy, but what about the policy of IF YOU COULD FLY THE SHIP YOU STILL CAN AFTER THE PATCH?

I have to be offline for 9 days now to train that skill to even do missions, cause i dont have any other ship to proper get any ISK... pls do something about it... its kinda annoying....

Did you actually try getting into the ship?
Dersen Lowery
The Scope
#212 - 2013-06-04 16:33:29 UTC
Anah Sarlai wrote:

You tried flying the ship and it didn't let you, or are you just looking at the prerequisites for injecting the relevant skill?

If the former, file a petition. If the latter, the prerequisites don't matter because you already have the skill injected.

Proud founder and member of the Belligerent Desirables.

I voted in CSM X!

Mattie Silks
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#213 - 2013-06-04 16:33:37 UTC
thunXa wrote:

then you should read the Devblog.

Quote:
Players having the Destroyers or Battlecruisers skill trained, but with no Racial Frigate or Racial Cruiser skill at least level 3 will have their skill points for both of the skills moved into a the skill point allocation pool.

No, really, you should. I bolded it for you.... NO cruiser skill, not 'not all', but no as in 'none'
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#214 - 2013-06-04 16:35:54 UTC
Anah Sarlai wrote:

Did you actually TRY to fly the ship before you started whining about it?

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

thunXa
My Own One
#215 - 2013-06-04 16:36:23 UTC
so i lost 1,5m SP for not having a 0,040m skill added?

Does this make any sense?
Tessle Aesis
Leones Aesis
#216 - 2013-06-04 16:36:59 UTC
Aiko Hanomaa wrote:
Dominous Nolen wrote:

Just curious. What card are you running and what driver.

I had this and dumped the shader to Medium as per the provided work around until Nvidia/CCP get this worked out.

Gf 650ti, and 320.18 (the latest recommended version).
Reducing the setting does indeed "fix" the problem. The low frame rates remain, though.

i've got lots of problem with lastest driver 320.18 with many games and with Windows 7 64bit too. I had to rollback to 314.22 which worked fine with all and with EVE until Odyssey... with GTX650Ti I've different problems... but because my CPU usage goes up and up and all is slow with Odyssey (running at 4 fps) i guess it's not related to the graphic card
Lord Haur
Star Frontiers
Brotherhood of Spacers
#217 - 2013-06-04 16:38:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Lord Haur
thunXa wrote:

You didn't LOSE 1.5m SP. You just didn't GAIN 1.5m SP. That's an important difference.

And considering the 4 months notice you had of this change, it makes perfect sense.
Thorian Crystal
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#218 - 2013-06-04 16:39:59 UTC
There is still the old issue that if you move your probes with alt key, the probes jump to your mouse pointer when you start to move them. They should just move, not jump to the mouse pointer first and then move.

Also there is still automatic popups of stuffs in the map.
Tessle Aesis
Leones Aesis
#219 - 2013-06-04 16:41:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Tessle Aesis
Aiko Hanomaa wrote:
I am getting an average of 3.9 fps with a geforce 650ti. Graphic settings don't make a difference, rebooting and clearing the cache did not help either.

I already filed a bug report.

SAME HERE,
SAME HERE!

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=3139482#post3139482

but i'm lucky... i've got 4.1 fps.

until odyssey i was playing 2 clients, max details windowed 1366x768, 60fps fixed with V-Sync, no problems at all!

check your CPU usage too, with Odyssey it seems at least doubled! (with my Logitech G15 I Always see CPU usage and so i noticed this really fast).
Maximus Andendare
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#220 - 2013-06-04 16:43:17 UTC
thunXa wrote:

Working as intended. You were never going to gain skills to fly ships that you couldn't before the patch. You couldn't fly Gallente BCs. You didn't train for Gallente Cruiser III. You're sad you misunderstood the mechanics for the many, many months this same topic and discussion has been brought up and discussed over and over ad nauseum. I honestly can't see why you'd think you'd be granted sp to suddenly now be able to fly Gallente BCs, or, in the alternative, be able to use sp for ships you couldn't fly to apply to *any* skill you wish.

Enter grid and you're already dead, destined to be reborn and fight another day.

>> Play Eve Online FREE! Join today for exclusive bonuses! <<