These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

A bit disappointed...

First post
Author
Knorkor
Ministry of Silly Walk
#1 - 2013-06-04 16:03:42 UTC
.. about the undock animation.
I thought we see our ship moving through the hangar towards the exit, but instead just some blinking lights.. ehm ok?
Kult Altol
The Safe Space
#2 - 2013-06-04 16:07:28 UTC
I dunno how long you have been playing Eve online, but never get excited. I love Eve, I am just thankfull for expansions.

[u]Can't wait untill when Eve online is Freemium.[/u] WiS only 10$, SP booster for one month 15$, DPS Boost 2$, EHP Boost 2$ Real money trading hub! Cosmeitic ship skins 15$ --> If you don't [u]pay **[/u]for a product, you ARE the [u]**product[/u].

Makoto Priano
Kirkinen-Arataka Transhuman Zenith Consulting Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#3 - 2013-06-04 16:09:12 UTC
The undock thing was described as the 'start of an animation' at Fanfest. My guess is CCP'll iterate on it, but their focus was the jump and scan animations.

Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries: exploring the edge of the known, advancing the state of the art. Would you like to know more?

Na Und
Galactronics
#4 - 2013-06-04 16:09:17 UTC
I'm a bit disappointed that you are a bit disappointed.
Knorkor
Ministry of Silly Walk
#5 - 2013-06-04 16:10:21 UTC
Kult Altol wrote:
I dunno how long you have been playing Eve online, but never get excited. I love Eve, I am just thankfull for expansions.

Since 2008. And yes, I love Eve too, but without feedback they cannot improve ;).
CCP Sisyphus
C C P
C C P Alliance
#6 - 2013-06-04 16:22:01 UTC
yeah, we wanted to do more, but when it came to seeing ships move, many of the bigger ships would hit the undocking bay walls.. Which led to the question of re-doing station interiors etc etc etc...

Yeah, its still something we'd like to do more with some day.

CCP Sisyphus | Team TriLambda | Team Klang | @CCP_Sisyphus

Chandaris
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#7 - 2013-06-04 16:24:19 UTC
CCP Sisyphus wrote:
Yeah, its still something we'd like to do more with some day(tm).

/fixed
Naes Mlahrend
Devil's Horsemen
#8 - 2013-06-04 16:25:01 UTC
CCP Sisyphus wrote:
yeah, we wanted to do more, but when it came to seeing ships move, many of the bigger ships would hit the undocking bay walls.. Which led to the question of re-doing station interiors etc etc etc...

Nothing a little lube wouldn't help.
Muad 'dib
State War Academy
Caldari State
#9 - 2013-06-04 16:26:42 UTC
theres bits of rust in my lube from the last time i tryed to fit my stabber in a jet can :(

dont do it!

Cosmic signature detected. . . . http://i.imgur.com/Z7NfIS6.jpg I got 99 likes, and this post aint one.

Lasernuts
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#10 - 2013-06-04 16:36:53 UTC
CCP Sisyphus wrote:

Idea, for when your looking at your carrier in station you get a straight shot to the exit, while in the smaller ships fly you get to turn. And when you switch ships(between carrier/dreds to like a battleship or battle cruiser) it takes you through like a cable car like floating thing to your carrier.
CCP Fear
C C P
C C P Alliance
#11 - 2013-06-04 16:48:35 UTC
As has been said, we had high hopes for doing some amazing things. But once we started digging into the whole thing, it just wasn't possible to do our dream scenario in the time allotted.

But we want to iterate on it and make it better.
Magosian
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2013-06-04 16:52:04 UTC
Naes Mlahrend wrote:
CCP Sisyphus wrote:

That's what SHE said! :D
Stitcher
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#13 - 2013-06-04 16:52:04 UTC
I Look forward to it. I'd love to have a hangar that had things like supply conduits hooked onto your ship and drones flying around and guys in spacesuits doing some welding on the hull.

AKA Hambone

Author of The Deathworlders

Vincent Athena
Photosynth
#14 - 2013-06-04 16:56:28 UTC
CCP Sisyphus wrote:

Maybe you just need a "max ship movement during undock sequence" parameter. Set it for each ship, and let the animation run to that point.

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

Damasa Cloudwalker
Cloudwalker Enterprises
#15 - 2013-06-04 16:56:38 UTC
CCP Fear wrote:
As has been said, we had high hopes for doing some amazing things. But once we started digging into the whole thing, it just wasn't possible to do our dream scenario in the time allotted.

That would have looked just about as bad as the new gate jump CGI transition stuff. Time spent to develop unnecessary fluff. Loading that "jump sequence" takes WAY more time than before.

I understand that you have to develop this game to keep current with MMO trends, and I understand that I am not viewed by CCP as a paying "customer", rather I am only paying for the privelege to play your master creation of a game.

But for the love of pete, spend a little extra time putting in some options to turn this "fluff" off for those that don't want it.

In-game sounds muted since Retribution, F10 Jumper since Odyssey

Porkgazam Wankers
DIRECT FIRE SUPPORT GROUP
#16 - 2013-06-04 16:58:41 UTC
Naes Mlahrend wrote:

Giggity
Jimmy Morane
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#17 - 2013-06-04 17:07:18 UTC
Who let Quagmire in here???

OP: I have yet to get in game, but I hope things aren't as bleak as many are making things sound.
Kult Altol
The Safe Space
#18 - 2013-06-04 17:12:44 UTC
Who needs lube?

[u]Can't wait untill when Eve online is Freemium.[/u] WiS only 10$, SP booster for one month 15$, DPS Boost 2$, EHP Boost 2$ Real money trading hub! Cosmeitic ship skins 15$ --> If you don't [u]pay **[/u]for a product, you ARE the [u]**product[/u].

CCP BunnyVirus
C C P
C C P Alliance
#19 - 2013-06-04 17:15:46 UTC
Damasa Cloudwalker wrote:
CCP Fear wrote:

That would have looked just about as bad as the new gate jump CGI transition stuff. Time spent to develop unnecessary fluff. Loading that "jump sequence" takes WAY more time than before.

I understand that you have to develop this game to keep current with MMO trends, and I understand that I am not viewed by CCP as a paying "customer", rather I am only paying for the privelege to play your master creation of a game.

But for the love of pete, spend a little extra time putting in some options to turn this "fluff" off for those that don't want it.

the jump transistion is not a prerender and takes to same amount of time as before with the loading bars

3D Artist

I Love Boobies
All Hail Boobies
#20 - 2013-06-04 17:17:26 UTC
Damasa Cloudwalker wrote:
CCP Fear wrote:

Um... it actually seems to go much quicker than before.
12Next page