These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Skill bug command ship

First post
Author
Arm Smith
Fallen Crusade
#21 - 2013-06-04 12:54:58 UTC
Vera Algaert wrote:
Mulani Askiras wrote:
What's funny is people complained this would happen, fanboys screamed it wouldnt and would be fine, and here it is, it has happened :)

What's funny is that even after 10 years people still don't understand how EVE's skill system works.

He would need leadership skills in order to inject the Command Ships skillbook.
He needs the Command Ships skill trained in order to fly the Astarte.
He doesn't need the leadership skills in order to fly the Astarte.

Since he had already injected the skillbook pre-Odyssey he can still fly the Astarte. If the Command Ships skillbook was magically removed from his head he would have to train 43 days of leadership skills before being able to reinject it (and fly an Astarte again). Working as intended.

so even without the skills you can still board the ship?
Emu Meo
Doomheim
#22 - 2013-06-04 12:57:00 UTC
Emu Meo wrote:
*facepalm*

Everyone should prepare for a tirade of inane posts such as this in the next couple of days.

Arm Smith wrote:
Looks like im down about 20 ships.

i could fly all BC's and 2 of the 4 (possibly all) CS prior to the patch.

now i cant fly 2 ratial bc's and none of the CS's.

Looks like CCP need to do some rethinking on this

^Looks like my prophecy has already come true.
Asptar Monastair
Frontier Adventurers
#23 - 2013-06-04 12:58:34 UTC
Astarte: Hey have you got CS1? Yes? Coolbeans, get in! Don't have x leadership V? Couldn't care less, that's CS1's problem.
CS1 Skillbook: Hey have you got a craptonne of leadership skills? No? **** off then.
Paul Panala
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#24 - 2013-06-04 13:00:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Paul Panala
Thorr VonAsgard wrote:
Hi,

I reconnect after the patch and see a little bug with the changes :

I was able to fly the astarte ( command ship gallente ) before the patch.

But now i cant :

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/2632/commandj.png

Could you fix it please ?

Thanks by advance !

Thorr

Have you tried to fly the ship??? It looks like you should still be able to. You have the needed skills trained to fly the ship, Command Ships to 1 and Gellente BC to 5, that is all you need. If you had not already injected command ships, then you would not be able to now, that is all that screen is showing. They never said they would give you all of the prerequisite skills for free, just said that you would still be able to fly the ship. Try to undock, you should be able to fly it.
Cannibal Kane
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#25 - 2013-06-04 13:01:17 UTC
TEST.. nuff said.

"Kane is the End Boss of Highsec." -Psychotic Monk

Feoro
Doomheim
#26 - 2013-06-04 13:05:17 UTC
In the picture your staring at the ship in the market. buy the ship, assemble it then pilot it. The point of the "if you can fly it before the patch you can fly it after the patch" is just that, you can fly it before then you can fly it now. just because you injected a skill doesnt mean that ccp is going to be giving you all of the leadership skills to lvl 5. I hate test pilots, so lazy
Traska Gannel
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#27 - 2013-06-04 13:15:00 UTC
Arm Smith wrote:

Have you actually tried to get in the ships and undock? Or have you just looked at the listed skill requirements?

Ultim8Evil
Exit-Strategy
Unchained Alliance
#28 - 2013-06-04 13:27:04 UTC
"Test Alliance Please Ignore"

Stopped reading here.

You're probably better off not flying Command Ships anyway, you'd only lose it in Delve.

Follow me on Twitter for literally no good reason @TheUltim8Evil

Arm Smith
Fallen Crusade
#29 - 2013-06-04 13:31:49 UTC
Traska Gannel wrote:
Arm Smith wrote:

Have you actually tried to get in the ships and undock? Or have you just looked at the listed skill requirements?

Not tried to jump in them yet (most are in my hangers ;) ) cos im at work, looks like i'll be ok CS if its only one one of the leadership skills needed (got 3 of the 4 at 5).

The BC thing looks like i am stuffed, but looks like partly my fault though. its to do with the racial cruiser thing, i just read the whole blog post, i read the headline 'can fly it before so can fly it after', so didnt read the wall of text with the changes so missed the part about need ot have all the required skills to get the ratial ones at 5.

pretty sick of all the changes and nerf's that have made my toon's pretty useless. think im gonna cancel my accounts and move on to soemthing else.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#30 - 2013-06-04 13:33:17 UTC  |  Edited by: James Amril-Kesh
Thorr VonAsgard wrote:
Jaakko Mestari wrote:
Seems to me you're missing:

Armored Warfare Level V
Information Warfare Level V
Siege Warfare Level V
Information Warfare Level V

Where is the bug exactly?

The bug is that CCP said : If you can fly it BEFORE the patch, you'll be able to fly it AFTER the patch.

So, logicaly, I was expected to have the 4 leadership skills at 5 with the patch.

Second bug : You NEED the 4 skills at 5 to insert the skill "command ship" and I have it at lvl 2 ^^

Gee, it's not like we had dozens of threads about this before...

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Madlof Chev
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#31 - 2013-06-04 13:55:41 UTC
>is test
>can't read

who'd have thought
Thorr VonAsgard
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#32 - 2013-06-04 15:07:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Thorr VonAsgard
Ultim8Evil wrote:
"Test Alliance Please Ignore"

Stopped reading here.

You're probably better off not flying Command Ships anyway, you'd only lose it in Delve.

I'm not considering me a TEST anymore since they kicked us from TEST , I'm almost Riot (renegades Council) with my corp, just waiting for changing the alliance.

Yes I can fly and I can undock with any command ship.
But it still looks like a bug for me that beeing able to fly a ship without the requirements ^^

Quote:

What's funny is that even after 10 years people still don't understand how EVE's skill system works.

Look at my history... I'm not 10 years old in this game O_O Not even 1, almost...

You miss blink ? Come and play with us at EVE-Lotteries.com !

Envie de fraicheur ? Frugu, le forum fruité est fait pour toi !

Terrorfrodo
Interbus Universal
#33 - 2013-06-04 15:12:44 UTC
Thorr VonAsgard wrote:

But it still looks like a bug for me that beeing able to fly a ship without the requirements ^^

It's not a bug, it tells you correctly how long you need to train to inject that skill. Since you have already injected it, you save all that time. So instead of whining on the forums, you should celebrate and laugh at the poor newbies who will actually have to train all those skills!

CCP Rise
C C P
C C P Alliance
#34 - 2013-06-04 15:16:37 UTC
Quote:
He would need leadership skills in order to inject the Command Ships skillbook.
He needs the Command Ships skill trained in order to fly the Astarte.
He doesn't need the leadership skills in order to fly the Astarte.

Since he had already injected the skillbook pre-Odyssey he can still fly the Astarte. If the Command Ships skillbook was magically removed from his head he would have to train 43 days of leadership skills before being able to reinject it (and fly an Astarte again). Working as intended.

Was just about to post to explain, but it was done so nicely above that I'll just confirm that this is indeed the case.

@ccp_rise

Revman Zim
Infinite Point
Pandemic Horde
#35 - 2013-06-04 15:21:25 UTC
I predict weeks of forum whining before A$$hats actually UNDOCK in the ship they are complaining that they can no longer fly.

The BC and Dessy skill tree change was announced over a YEAR AGO. And we still have pilots that don't know how skills work.
Makton Kelevin
MAK Industries
#36 - 2013-06-04 15:37:01 UTC
This looks like a good thread to reply to and update.

I fly an Orca and the "Ore Industrial" was added to the required skills for the Orca as level 3, this expansion. I am able To get in my ship and undock it. So, seem to work, but s bit nerve racking when you are now missing a skill to fly a ship that you spent months training to fly.

My other 2 toons are in that same boat with their mining ships as I have neve had the need for a venture. Now that is skill (Mining frigate) a required skill for the exhumers, I have to stop my other training to true all this up.

Sorry CCP, but if you follow the rules of "can fly before, can still fly" you really should have added those skills to true up the pre-reqs for the ships, instead of flagging the pilots to fly them. I have no reason to skill the new required skills, besides truing up the the pre-reqs I had already completed for flying the ships I have. Now you are wasting my skill time, which in this game, is rather important.

Beyond that, I'm fairly ok with the new changes and love the new graphics. Which is what keeps me playing the game.

-Mak
Zifrian
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#37 - 2013-06-04 15:49:16 UTC
Makton Kelevin wrote:

I fly an Orca and the "Ore Industrial" was added to the required skills for the Orca as level 3, this expansion. I am able To get in my ship and undock it. So, seem to work, but s bit nerve racking when you are now missing a skill to fly a ship that you spent months training to fly.

My other 2 toons are in that same boat with their mining ships as I have neve had the need for a venture. Now that is skill (Mining frigate) a required skill for the exhumers, I have to stop my other training to true all this up.

Sorry CCP, but if you follow the rules of "can fly before, can still fly" you really should have added those skills to true up the pre-reqs for the ships, instead of flagging the pilots to fly them. I have no reason to skill the new required skills, besides truing up the the pre-reqs I had already completed for flying the ships I have. Now you are wasting my skill time, which in this game, is rather important.

Beyond that, I'm fairly ok with the new changes and love the new graphics. Which is what keeps me playing the game.

-Mak

Wait, it's nerve racking because you can still fly the ship you could before patch? Is the little yellow circle really causing you so much psychological distress that you are thinking about quitting? JFC

You want free skills. Simple as that. Don't try and sugar coat it under some bs like this, just come out and say it. You still won't get what you want but at least you will be honest about it.

Maximze your Industry Potential! - Download EVE Isk per Hour!

Import CCP's SDE - EVE SDE Database Builder

Onomerous
Caldari Black Hand
Caldari Tactical Operations Command
#38 - 2013-06-04 15:49:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Onomerous
Makton Kelevin wrote:

-Mak

No. I would benefit from that suggestion but I'm against it. CCP only promised we could still fly it. No need for free skills or SP.
RaTTuS
BIG
#39 - 2013-06-04 15:52:07 UTC
Onomerous wrote:

No. I would benefit from that suggestion but I'm against it. CCP only promised we could still fly it. No need for free skills or SP.

you can still fly it ...
if you want help then use the 50k of free skill points you had for the outages at the weekend...

http://eveboard.com/ub/419190933-134.png http://i.imgur.com/kYLoKrM.png

Makton Kelevin
MAK Industries
#40 - 2013-06-04 16:16:48 UTC
Think you need to read this again, and no where id I say I was quitting. I voiced my opinion to keep things standard and clean which has nothing with your comments. You completely overreacted and may need to get away from the computer for a while. Or your just a Troll, which means you will carry on.

Also, having a "x" on a skill for a ship that people are flying isn't vary standard or clean, even from the developer standpoint. Now they have exceptions to the rules they put in place on this game which is more to watch for and maintain.

-Mak

Zifrian wrote:
Makton Kelevin wrote:

-Mak

Wait, it's nerve racking because you can still fly the ship you could before patch? Is the little yellow circle really causing you so much psychological distress that you are thinking about quitting? JFC

You want free skills. Simple as that. Don't try and sugar coat it under some bs like this, just come out and say it. You still won't get what you want but at least you will be honest about it.

Previous page123Next page