These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Updating Skills from Eve Gate

Author
Ozlyn
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2013-06-03 14:56:16 UTC
Hi all,

I did a search on the forums but could not find a topic regarding updating skills from Eve Gate.

First off, kudos to the CCP staff for getting the servers back online and it is really appreciated. We know it's not your fault and shouldn't expect to receive compensation for something that was out of your control.

Having said that, it would be nice if we had an option to adjust our skills queue on the day the server came back up. For example, someone goes to work and the server comes back online shortly thereafter. CCP could enable a 24 hour option for people to adjust their skills through eve gate.

Hey, just throwing an idea out there.

Thanks again for all the hard work!

Oz
Xylem Viliana
homeless bum
#2 - 2013-06-03 14:58:32 UTC
I dont see it ever happening but I would like the option of setting skills through account management or something like that. Im pretty sure this has been discussed before and if memory serves it was basically disregarded but that is if my memory serves and I also think it was a pretty long time ago i read about it.
smokess
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2013-06-03 15:07:26 UTC
Personally I don't have any problems with setting skills through Eve Gate, or some other form of OOG option such as a phone app.

If memory serves, I believe the official reason given for not being given the option is because CCP want people to play the game and think this ability would discourage it. I believe this to be somewhat of a fallacy given that if people are just skilling characters without actually playing, having to log in to change skills rather than use an OOG method will make them more inclined to just unsub more than anything if they cannot be bothered to do it.

Then again I'm a normal person and this is just speculation really.
The Djentleman Paulson
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#4 - 2013-06-03 15:08:27 UTC
yea logging in sucks please make it so i dont ever have to log into this terrible game again
Kult Altol
The Safe Space
#5 - 2013-06-03 15:38:19 UTC
Nah bitter vets want terrible UIs. So anything that would streamline the game is bad.

[u]Can't wait untill when Eve online is Freemium.[/u] WiS only 10$, SP booster for one month 15$, DPS Boost 2$, EHP Boost 2$ Real money trading hub! Cosmeitic ship skins 15$ --> If you don't [u]pay **[/u]for a product, you ARE the [u]**product[/u].

Capt Tenguru10
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#6 - 2013-06-03 15:58:44 UTC
I agree I would rather never to log in again but be able to change skills oog. This would make eve so much more fun

http://i.imgur.com/EYX5Zi7.gif

Ozlyn
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2013-06-03 16:45:00 UTC
The Djentleman Paulson wrote:
yea logging in sucks please make it so i dont ever have to log into this terrible game again

Try reading my post again.

Oz
Ozlyn
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2013-06-03 16:48:34 UTC
Capt Tenguru10 wrote:
I agree I would rather never to log in again but be able to change skills oog. This would make eve so much more fun

Wow... Anyway, thanks for the responses to those who actually read my post.
Rengerel en Distel
#9 - 2013-06-03 17:58:15 UTC
Since the eve gate, game, api and everything else was down, it wouldn't have mattered. They have said they might allow it with a crest app, whenever that is.

With the increase in shiptoasting, the Report timer needs to be shortened.

Paul Panala
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#10 - 2013-06-03 18:47:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Paul Panala
Ozlyn wrote:
Hi all,

I did a search on the forums but could not find a topic regarding updating skills from Eve Gate.

First off, kudos to the CCP staff for getting the servers back online and it is really appreciated. We know it's not your fault and shouldn't expect to receive compensation for something that was out of your control.

Having said that, it would be nice if we had an option to adjust our skills queue on the day the server came back up. For example, someone goes to work and the server comes back online shortly thereafter. CCP could enable a 24 hour option for people to adjust their skills through eve gate.

Hey, just throwing an idea out there.

Thanks again for all the hard work!

Oz

Yes, I have always felt like players should be able to update skills from Eve-Gate. Only for active accounts. Clearly players who are not current should not be able to update skills.

It would also be nice if they added a secondary API system that had limited read/write capabilities in Eve. Specifically, it would be great if you could update skills, send Eve Mail and update your calendar from 3rd party apps.

I honestly don't get the 24-hour training queue in Eve, why not make it a 30 day queue? Why not let you add at least one skill regardless of the time required for the current skill? What harm would either cause? I know they want to force players to log in frequently, but it doesn't really work. A 24 hour skill queue doesn't mean you have to log in every 24 hours, it just means you have a specific day you need to log in every 2-3 weeks (when training typical level 5 skills). I really don't feel like the 24 hour queue limit adds anything to the game.
Paul Panala
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#11 - 2013-06-03 18:50:44 UTC
Rengerel en Distel wrote:
Since the eve gate, game, api and everything else was down, it wouldn't have mattered. They have said they might allow it with a crest app, whenever that is.

True, but this goes beyond this weekend's issue. It would be a great feature to have even when all systems are working as expected.
CompleteFailure
DAWGS Corp.
SL0W CHILDREN AT PLAY
#12 - 2013-06-03 19:11:57 UTC
Actually, I think they do plan to look at doing something like this (at least being able to manipulate your skill queue from out of game in some fashion) once the new CREST API system is rolled out. Don't quote me though, CBA to remember where I heard that.
The Djentleman Paulson
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#13 - 2013-06-04 17:24:34 UTC
Ozlyn wrote:
The Djentleman Paulson wrote:

Try reading my post again.

Oz

no