These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

Is Odyssey release still on track ?

First post First post
Author
ALLOWER
The Logs Show Nothing
#1 - 2013-06-03 11:41:10 UTC
Or has the 4th of june date been pushed back by recent attacks ?

Come on you know you never try and meet the stated date .... otherwise people start to think it was all too simple and easy !!

So tell us , what the real release date - I wont tell a soul.
Gempei
Marvinovi pratele
The Bastion
#2 - 2013-06-03 11:51:39 UTC
I think no, problem was on server infrastructure not in game itself.
Masuka Taredi
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#3 - 2013-06-03 11:53:43 UTC
In before ISD.
Felicity Love
Doomheim
#4 - 2013-06-03 11:53:56 UTC
Gempei wrote:
I think no, problem was on server infrastructure not in game itself.



Even so, the techies might ask for a few more days to keep an eye on things before jumping in with Odyssey.


"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Vinni Starseeker
MMMMMA
#5 - 2013-06-03 12:12:15 UTC
If i had been through as much pain and stress as the people who maintain the CCP systems over the last couple of days I sure as heck would be pushing for a delay of the release by a couple of days, instead of launching straight into the stress of a major release.

We all know that there will be problems with Odyssey. I'd rather the people who are looking at those problems aren't already suffering from being stressed to the eyeballs for a couple of days.

My 2c.
Xpaulusx
Naari LLC
#6 - 2013-06-03 12:16:36 UTC
Felicity Love wrote:
Gempei wrote:
I think no, problem was on server infrastructure not in game itself.



Even so, the techies might ask for a few more days to keep an eye on things before jumping in with Odyssey.




The CCP staff are just coming out of " Crisis Mode" if they need some time to decompress, sleep and get back to normal its fine. We can wait a few days for expansion Blink

......................................................

Rygel XVI
#7 - 2013-06-03 12:19:19 UTC
I agree, poor CCP folks..

I've made all my ISK on my own without my family and I work very hard. -Paris Hilton

ElQuirko
Protus Correction Facility Inc.
#8 - 2013-06-03 12:49:05 UTC
Inb4 anonymous "We r leejunz we haqd ur spaecships lel"

Dodixie > Hek

Capt Tenguru10
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#9 - 2013-06-03 12:50:48 UTC
Inb4l

http://i.imgur.com/EYX5Zi7.gif

Ylariana
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#10 - 2013-06-03 13:01:35 UTC
Personally, I'd prefer it if they waited a little with the Ody release..... would mean my alt might get Dessy 5 completed in time Blink
Lady Ayeipsia
BlueWaffe
#11 - 2013-06-03 13:02:00 UTC
Xpaulusx wrote:
Felicity Love wrote:
Gempei wrote:
I think no, problem was on server infrastructure not in game itself.



Even so, the techies might ask for a few more days to keep an eye on things before jumping in with Odyssey.




The CCP staff are just coming out of " Crisis Mode" if they need some time to decompress, sleep and get back to normal its fine. We can wait a few days for expansion Blink


I am in total agreement. Odyssey can wait until the devs aren't running on coffee and no doze.
Lord Ryan
True Xero
#12 - 2013-06-03 13:04:54 UTC
was it ever?

Do not assume anything above this line was typed by me. Nerf the Truth, it's inconvenient.

Forum Clone 77777
Doomheim
#13 - 2013-06-03 13:07:47 UTC
oddysey now!
Vincent Athena
Photosynth
#14 - 2013-06-03 13:28:33 UTC
Then again the people doing the release are not the same as those fixing the cluster issues. That second group may well welcome a big downtime to do more checks.

We will just have to wait and see. Im fine with it either way. CCP should do what they feel is best.

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

Goran Konjich
Krompany
#15 - 2013-06-03 13:29:06 UTC
Forum Clone 77777 wrote:
oddysey now!


S E R E N I T Y N O W !!!!!!

I'm a diplomat. Sometimes i throw 425mm wide briefcases at enemy. Such is EVE.

Lady Areola Fappington
#16 - 2013-06-03 13:32:40 UTC
I'm not worried, Icelandic devs are tough. Give em some rotten shark and sheep's face to eat, and they'll be fine.

Preserved with lactic acid, of course.

7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided. --Eve New Player Guide

gobbybobby
Running with Wolves
Northern Coalition.
#17 - 2013-06-03 13:39:56 UTC
I hope its not delayed, but at the same time would totally understand if it is. Besides I get very little time to play during the summer months anyway, and the weathers forecast to be great for the next week or so (which is rare in Britain!), so take as long as you want CCP!
Othran
Route One
#18 - 2013-06-03 13:44:12 UTC
Vinni Starseeker wrote:
If i had been through as much pain and stress as the people who maintain the CCP systems over the last couple of days I sure as heck would be pushing for a delay of the release by a couple of days, instead of launching straight into the stress of a major release.


The people involved with the weekend's problems won't be the same ones who are developing the game - they'll be NOC staff (or whatever CCP calls them).

Provided CCP are confident they fixed the relevant vulnerability properly I don't see any reason not to deploy the expansion.
Artirei
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#19 - 2013-06-03 14:05:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Artirei
I wouldn't feel bad if they delay it a bit,

Working in IT myself you might end up with a predicament where something goes wrong and then you are not sure if its was the patch or something that happened with DDOS.

Then again I am sure CCP has very smart techies that will make the correct decisions.

Just glad everything is back up :)
Aleksandr Hasek
Infinity Strategic Services
#20 - 2013-06-03 14:15:55 UTC
Personally I hope the delay it for a couple days. Gives me the last day and a half I need to get my last prereqs for Desi's and BC5. And the CCP team deserves the time off!
12Next page