These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Unscheduled downtime - Friday, May 31st, 2013

First post First post
Author
Thats OK
Schmizle
#121 - 2013-05-31 14:49:50 UTC
HindSight Pergatory wrote:
Holy smokes.. the server was down for what, an extra 45 minutes? an hour? I understand that for some this is around peak time, luckily in my case. normal maintenance happens when my head is keeping my pillow from jumping off the bed and attempting suicide, but come on now.. lets not bash CCP so easily and hastily.. there are far more worse MMO's wit regrads to downtime and not to mention I personally cant remember in the almost 4 months I have been playing that the server was offline outside of maintenance. Maybe I am just lucky but lets be fair here.. these servers seem pretty reliable to me..

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm guessing no one minds the extra downtime as much as the 3-4 crashes that happened before it Sad
Trit
Constructive Influence
Brothers of Tangra
#122 - 2013-05-31 14:52:37 UTC
Kameron Risalo wrote:
I think this is something we are starting to get used to.

Unfortunatley, In australia, DT hits us at 9pm, so we get 3 hours after work, and then hope to christ CCP have their arses in gear for the DT ..... I would say, out of the last 20 DT's, atleast 50% have had to be extended for some reason or another, and yet, I have all the patience in the world for CCP, the work they are doing and the efforts they put into trying to get something that is broke, un-broke ...

if I can wait, im sure the rest of you can to...

keep up the good work CCP

Grow up PUTZ, if you were playing more the 2 years ago, try and remember when DT was an hour and new content was 12 hours and usually always broken?

Things have improved so much.

Thanks CCP.

Shine on Crazy Nubbins

Drago Shouna
Doomheim
#123 - 2013-05-31 15:37:25 UTC
I can confirm that I had no issues whatsoever...but then again I was at work through it all anyway :)

Solecist Project...." They refuse to play by the rules and laws of the game and use it as excuse ..." " They don't care about how you play as long as they get to play how they want."

Welcome to EVE.

Alerik
The CodeX Alliance Executive Holdings Corporation
The CodeX Alliance
#124 - 2013-05-31 16:09:43 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:
The Tranquility cluster has been taken offline as of 11:45 UTC in order to enable us to address several issues that have occurred this morning.

We currently have no ETA for the server to be brought back online, however we will update this forum thread as and when more information becomes available.

We apologize for this unexpected downtime, and any inconvenience it may cause.

UPDATE - 11:45 UTC - Tranquility Offline
UPDATE - 11:55 UTC - Tranquility has been brought back on line for testing
UPDATE - 12:11 UTC - Tranquility is back online

If TQ is back online then why is my launcher still saying its not? 16:09 UTC
Dante Davino
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#125 - 2013-05-31 17:45:41 UTC
My launcher wont open and it is 17:45 utc
Skarlett Pheonix
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#126 - 2013-05-31 18:31:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Skarlett Pheonix
I really dont know why they let people post. This is whinny baby **** so u can't play for a couple hours boo hoo.Pirate
And they are getting ready to release all new content in a couple of days so keep your panties on ladies.Evil
Ex-chan
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#127 - 2013-05-31 18:49:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Ex-chan
TQ status? My launcher's showing "TQ online" and a grey button.
Aramatheia
Tiffany and Co.
#128 - 2013-05-31 19:10:03 UTC
Thats OK wrote:
Holy smokes.. the server was down for what, an extra 45 minutes? an hour? I understand that for some this is around peak time, luckily in my case. normal maintenance happens when my head is keeping my pillow from jumping off the bed and attempting suicide, but come on now.. lets not bash CCP so easily and hastily.. there are far more worse MMO's wit regrads to downtime and not to mention I personally cant remember in the almost 4 months I have been playing that the server was offline outside of maintenance. Maybe I am just lucky but lets be fair here.. these servers seem pretty reliable to me..

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm guessing no one minds the extra downtime as much as the 3-4 crashes that happened before it Sad

my petition is pending for the legion i lost and the 210k associated SP due to the server going belly up before dt.

I wonder how long the procesing time is
Admiral Manhattan
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#129 - 2013-05-31 19:51:50 UTC
Aramatheia wrote:
Thats OK wrote:

my petition is pending for the legion i lost and the 210k associated SP due to the server going belly up before dt.

I wonder how long the procesing time is

Pending petition for the cargo I was hauling as a result of the server crash BEFORE downtime as well.
missionary69er
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#130 - 2013-05-31 19:52:38 UTC
Sure am glad that I work during the Down Time period Twisted lol not many problems still exist when i get off work Lol
Capt Tenguru10
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#131 - 2013-05-31 20:53:13 UTC
Cant Complete Patch

http://i.imgur.com/EYX5Zi7.gif

Vezalaya Avalon
Project Omega Industries
Gentlemen's.Club
#132 - 2013-05-31 21:38:33 UTC
I slept through it all, Lol
Tingerz
Devils Minions
#133 - 2013-05-31 22:09:20 UTC
Looking through all the negative short-sighted responses it is clear that you should never under-estimate the predictability of human stupidity....... Seriously guys, ranting and raving about the server being offline is not going to bring it online any quicker.....
Lyza Kimbo
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#134 - 2013-05-31 23:50:44 UTC
Lyssane wrote:
If these hamsters are going to be sacked (like they should), can my cats have them please?

Kitty says, "I can haz cheezhamster plz?"
Celly S
Neutin Local LLC
#135 - 2013-06-01 17:07:54 UTC
Scheinheiliger wrote:
quitted smoking today, so not amused about an extended downtime...or anything else

I did that about 4 months ago now... Hang in there, it's worth it....
saved enough for two PS3s and stuff for Dust and a new screen and on top of all that, my chances for lung cancer, heart disease or a heart attack are falling every day... :P

o/
Celly Smunt.

Don't mistake fact for arrogance, supposition for fact, or disagreement for dismissal. Perception is unique in that it can be shared or singular. Run with the pack if you wish, but think for yourself. A sandwich can be a great motivator.

Beekeeper Bob
Beekeepers Anonymous
#136 - 2013-06-01 17:30:10 UTC
Tingerz wrote:
Looking through all the negative short-sighted responses it is clear that you should never under-estimate the predictability of human stupidity....... Seriously guys, ranting and raving about the server being offline is not going to bring it online any quicker.....

Venting on public forums is a tradition! Who are you to spit on tradition? Cool

Signature removed - CCP Eterne

Careth Fanura
Gotham Industries
#137 - 2013-06-01 23:13:14 UTC
anybody else still having issues, the software wont update or run.

Been trying to login since 11:30pm EST Friday, it's now 7:12 pm EST Saturday and still nothing works.
Sarah Stallman
Pen2 Logistics
#138 - 2013-06-02 02:50:08 UTC
Game keeps telling me the cluster is not accepting connections, launcher tells me it is still in VIP mode. OP tells me that this should not be the case.

Am I having cache problems of some kind, or is the cluster back down?
Admiral Intaki1
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#139 - 2013-06-02 02:55:11 UTC
Is the server down because I'm not able to get into Tranquility
Sarah Stallman
Pen2 Logistics
#140 - 2013-06-02 02:58:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Sarah Stallman
Same. Client tells me that 6067 players are connected, but EVE-Offline reports that 7,873 are connected and the server is online.

Edit: Every time I connect the payer count drops a bit.