These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Why is there no way for us to attack supply lines in eve?

First post
Author
James 420
EVE Corporation 98188875
#541 - 2013-06-01 21:13:55 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
James 420 wrote:

Page three =

0 JF killed in null. So it's 0% so jf can't die.

Over the entire month its 10%.

Wow cargo aren't reimbursed? I think I'll cry.
Your logic bro.

36 JF killed on page 3.

16 of them died in low sec/0.0

Low sec is irrelevant, on page 3 : http://eve-kill.net/?a=home&m=5&y=2013&view=kills&scl_id=501&page=3 I see 0 jf killed in null.

Tippia wrote:
…neither of which you could address and had to try to inject a strawman in a failed attempt at changing the subject.
So we've established that you have no basis for your claim; that they're not being reimbursed; and that they're certainly not invincible.

You lack reading comprehension, don't blame me for that, let me explain again;
- I said that since jf are the main way to move stuff from null to hs and they are often used with corp assets and not personal assets that's why it's pretty logical to think they are getting reimbursed.
- Then you said but they don't reimburse cargo (no **** sherlock) and then something about jf not being invincible (what?).
How is that logic for you, I have no idea but my point is; a jf pilot (let alone a "decent" jf pilot) should never die and even if he die moving **** for his corp/alliance he'll probably get his hull reimbursed.
The keywords are in bold/underline, so you stop being confused.
I never said they are invincible I said a normal jf pilot is ungankable, sure people are getting killed in jfs (I really want to see a video of a jf gank) but people are sending isk to isk doublers too.
I really did my best to make it simple for you, please feel free to notice me if you still don't understand I'm a friendly person, I'll explain again.Bear

Proud enforcer of 420 BLAZE IT

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#542 - 2013-06-01 21:17:14 UTC
James 420 wrote:

Low sec is irrelevant

Not to those JF pilots it isnt. Clearly JF are far from invincible.
James 420
EVE Corporation 98188875
#543 - 2013-06-01 21:17:47 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
James 420 wrote:

so what's your point?

CCP want null to be 99% self sufficient.

James 420 wrote:
1 out of 200 jf is getting killed I bet they are the smartest jf pilots

Last month more JF died than freighters. Around 45% of these deaths were in lowsec/0.0.

Not exactly invincible are they?

Look at you, citing actual data at an obviousforum troll alt.

The most bloated argument ever;
- I used the same logic as him
- Provided the same data from the same site
But I'm an obviousforum troll alt because my opinion is different, ahahahaah good joke.
Thanks for the tears bro. Bear

The not so obviousforum troll alt.

Sentamon
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#544 - 2013-06-01 21:20:12 UTC
The year is 2014. CCP has given nullsec all the industry buffs they want.

Most industry still happens in highsec. trolololol

~ Professional Forum Alt  ~

James 420
EVE Corporation 98188875
#545 - 2013-06-01 21:21:38 UTC  |  Edited by: James 420
baltec1 wrote:
James 420 wrote:

Low sec is irrelevant

Not to those JF pilots it isnt. Clearly JF are far from invincible.

Ask yourself what are they doing in lowsec and how relevant it is to the discussion about nullsec.
JF aren't invincible but a normally (or even below) constituted person flying a jf is ungankable, can you understand the difference or you want me to make it simpler.
Because I have no problem explaining basic stuff to you guys.

Delen Ormand
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#546 - 2013-06-01 21:28:26 UTC
Alphea Abbra wrote:

Furthermore, even if you mistook your response as applicable to my response, do you think CCP would want that?
Check this out: http://evemaps.dotlan.net/alliance/memberCount It's a list of alliances in EVE, sorted by members, and try to see how many of the top20 alliances do not have 0.0 sov. Now, imagine the face of any CCP employee if those accounts unsubbed.
ALONE FOR THAT REASON is your argument terrible and dysfunctional.

Y'know, if it were some hisec miner saying "CCP IF U EVR DO THIS WE'LL ALL UNSUB!!!!", they'd be laughed at. Basically 'cos , 9 times out of 10, they'd be full of ****.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#547 - 2013-06-01 21:39:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
James 420 wrote:
Low sec is irrelevant
…as long as you're not talking about JFs as part of a null supply chain. Oh wait.

Quote:
You lack reading comprehension, don't blame me for that
I comprehend just fine that you didn't address the points and instead tried to foist some kind of opinion on me. That is commonly called a strawman argument and is a fallacy, and is often used as a desperate attempt at trying to steer the discussion away from a point of discussion where the person making the argument starts to feel that his unsupported argument is collapsing all around him.

Quote:
I said that since jf are the main way to move stuff from null to hs and they are often used with corp assets and not personal assets that's why it's pretty logical to think they are getting reimbursed.
…and this is based on…? Also, logical shmogical. Logic is not reality. You claimed that they are reimbursed. What is that based on?

Quote:
Then you said but they don't reimburse cargo
Nope. Another strawman on your part. Do you have anything to offer other than fallacies and unsupported claims?

Quote:
my point is; a jf pilot (let alone a "decent" jf pilot) should never die and even if he die moving **** for his corp/alliance he'll probably get his hull reimbursed.
…and the fact of the matter is that they're far from invincible, which is what matters since any claim to the contrary tries to dispute reality.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#548 - 2013-06-01 21:43:38 UTC  |  Edited by: baltec1
James 420 wrote:

Ask yourself what are they doing in lowsec and how relevant it is to the discussion about nullsec.
JF aren't invincible but a normally (or even below) constituted person flying a jf is ungankable, can you understand the difference or you want me to make it simpler.

JF are as easy to catch and kill as any other cap ship or freighter. You said they are invincible, its very clear that that was a lie as hundreds have died so far this year.
Alphea Abbra
Project Promethion
#549 - 2013-06-01 21:46:32 UTC
Delen Ormand wrote:
Alphea Abbra wrote:

Furthermore, even if you mistook your response as applicable to my response, do you think CCP would want that?
Check this out: http://evemaps.dotlan.net/alliance/memberCount It's a list of alliances in EVE, sorted by members, and try to see how many of the top20 alliances do not have 0.0 sov. Now, imagine the face of any CCP employee if those accounts unsubbed.
ALONE FOR THAT REASON is your argument terrible and dysfunctional.

Y'know, if it were some hisec miner saying "CCP IF U EVR DO THIS WE'LL ALL UNSUB!!!!", they'd be laughed at. Basically 'cos , 9 times out of 10, they'd be full of ****.
Which was not related to what I said originally.
What I responded to was an earlier post of his, saying that a number of HS people would move in if 0.0 entities moved out. To which I can say, "yeah, no 'human excrement in 4 letters', Sherlock!", and then I explained how, even if new entities from HS replaced "the old guard", CCP would generally not want the old 0.0 players gone, because of the number of subs they represent.
But seriously, you read the full quotes and still take that last part out of context?
The part you quote was my rebuttal at a totally unrelated post of himself that he quoted - not something I brought up. My thought when writing what you quote was "maybe he thinks his argument works if it had been directed at someone who argued what he might be replying to", which I showed would most likely not be the case.
So please, don't take my statements out of context, when you did have access to the whole context.
It's bad for the discussion.
James 420
EVE Corporation 98188875
#550 - 2013-06-01 21:57:07 UTC
Tippia wrote:
…as long as you're not talking about JFs as part of a null supply chain. Oh wait.

You are so entitled, don't you think that lowsec has JFs too so most of these kills are not relevant. The time you stay in ls is risk free if you're supplying null.
Feel free to explain me how to die.

Tippia wrote:
I comprehend just fine that you didn't address the points and instead tried to foist some kind of opinion on me. That is commonly called a strawman argument and is a fallacy, and is often used as a desperate attempt at trying to steer the discussion away from a point of discussion where the person making the argument starts to feel that his unsupported argument is collapsing all around him.

I answered every single of your arguments, you are the one trying to derail the discussion please stay on topic.

Tippia wrote:
…and this is based on…?

A thing called logic, feel free to prove me wrong with factual data.

Tippia wrote:
Nope. Another strawman on your part. Do you have anything to offer other than fallacies and unsupported claims?

Please stop calling me name and prove me wrong. When I proved you wrong on the cargo being reimbursed (never said that) you switch to jf being invincible which I never said, I just said a normal jf pilot is not gankable.
Feel free to prove me wrong and not call me a troll.

Tippia wrote:
…and the fact of the matter is that they're far from invincible, which is what matters since any claim to the contrary tries to dispute reality.

If for you being an average pilot is invincible then yes I agree with you, I'm sorry I don't know about null piloting standards.
If you die in a jf, there is something wrong with your gameplay, either you should learn about timers or stop letting your dog haul your corp assets.

James 420
EVE Corporation 98188875
#551 - 2013-06-01 22:00:20 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
James 420 wrote:

JF are as easy to catch and kill as any other cap ship or freighter. You said they are invincible, its very clear that that was a lie as hundreds have died so far this year.

People actually losing jfs are a minority for the jf population, besides how many billions isk were scammed this year?
You should never lose a jf if you're not massively bad at this game.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#552 - 2013-06-01 22:02:58 UTC
James 420 wrote:

People actually losing jfs are a minority for the jf population, besides how many billions isk were scammed this year?

People losing freighters are a minority too. It doesnt change the fact that these ships do still die.
James 420
EVE Corporation 98188875
#553 - 2013-06-01 22:06:23 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
James 420 wrote:

People losing freighters are a minority too. It doesnt change the fact that these ships do still die.

Yes I agree, but the game shouldn't be balanced around bad people.
It's ok mate we just have to wait for the changes from the whiteboard.

Alphea Abbra
Project Promethion
#554 - 2013-06-01 22:10:07 UTC
James 420 wrote:
Tippia wrote:
…and this is based on…?
Feel free to supply actual data to support your "logic".
While you're at it, please show your logic too.
James 420
EVE Corporation 98188875
#555 - 2013-06-01 22:13:39 UTC
Alphea Abbra wrote:
James 420 wrote:
Tippia wrote:
…and this is based on…?

I normally don't answer to people that don't even read my posts but I feel nice here you go :

Quote:
- I said that since jf are the main way to move stuff from null to hs and they are often used with corp assets and not personal assets that's why it's pretty logical to think they are getting reimbursed.

Feel free to explain why an alliance with tons of resources would not reimburse jf hulls, crippling their own economy and losing profits.
If you can actually read my post this time of course.

Toshiroma McDiesel
Lupus Draconis
The Lost Drone Society
#556 - 2013-06-01 22:16:07 UTC
Wow, is this a really a thread about gankers whining they can't gank in low/null? Really? Lol

I"m not really the Evil One, I'm just his answering service.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#557 - 2013-06-01 22:16:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
James 420 wrote:
You are so entitled
In what way?

Quote:
I answered every single of your arguments
Nope. I asked you what your claims were based on and pointed out that you hadn't provided any basis for a previous claim. You answered this by attempting to put words in my mouth and then ridicule the suggestion I supposedly (but not actually) made. This is called a red herring — specifically a strawman argument. It is an evasion and not an answer to anything.

Quote:
Onus probandi. I don't have to prove you wrong until you prove yourself right first. Oh, and now you're going for a different fallacy: begging the question. The claim is that it's logical; your suggested basis for this is that it is logical, which is what was in question to begin with, which once again doesn't answer anything.

So, again, what is the logic based on?

Moreover. So what? You're committing a naturalistic fallacy. Just because it's (supposedly, but so far not provably) logical doesn't mean it is actually what's happening

So, again, what is the claim that they're being reimbursed based on?

Quote:
Please stop calling me name and prove me wrong.
I have to start before I can stop. It would have been nice to label this as yet another fallacy on your part, but why bother. Let's just call it what it is: a lie.
Also, again, I don't have to prove anything until you do.

Quote:
When I proved you wrong on the cargo being reimbursed (never said that) you switch to jf being invincible which I never said, I just said a normal jf pilot is not gankable.
You said that they were being reimbursed. You made no distinction. There are two sides in this thread: the “JFs are invicible” side and the “not really, and even if they were, so what?” side. You're on the former, and you keep calling them ungankable.

So, where did you prove me wrong, again?
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#558 - 2013-06-01 22:17:28 UTC
James 420 wrote:

Feel free to explain why an alliance with tons of resources would not reimburse jf hulls, crippling their own economy and losing profits.

People jump up their items at their own risk, no JF pilot who dies outside of an official operation will get reimbursed. This is from the people with the most generous reimbursement programme.
Alphea Abbra
Project Promethion
#559 - 2013-06-01 22:19:46 UTC
James 420 wrote:
Alphea Abbra wrote:
James 420 wrote:
Tippia wrote:
…and this is based on…?

I normally don't answer to people that don't even read my posts but I feel nice here you go :

Quote:

Well, I requested evidence or logic to back up your statement, and you restated your statement.
So much for that evidence or logic.
When you move out of your 1-man-corp and/or the corp grows, I'll rely on your statement.
Until then, how about the simple "you're wrong" ? JF's are most often not corp or alliance assets, and do not get reimbursed.

As for corp assets, they probably get replaced, yeah. I pay my taxes for a reason. Shocked
James 420
EVE Corporation 98188875
#560 - 2013-06-01 22:35:04 UTC
Tippia wrote:
In what way?

Not a good way. Bear

Tippia wrote:
Nope. I asked you what your claims were based on and pointed out that you hadn't provided any basis for a previous claim. You answered this by attempting to put words in my mouth and then ridicule the suggestion I supposedly (but not actually) made. This is called a red herring — specifically a strawman argument. It is an evasion and not an answer to anything.

I answered on the second post, you are the one calling me names call you please stay focused?

Tippia wrote:
Onus probandi. I don't have to prove you wrong until you prove yourself right first. Oh, and now you're going for a different fallacy: begging the question. The claim is that it's logical; your suggested basis for this is that it is logical, which is what was in question to begin with, which once again doesn't answer anything.

So, again, what is the logic based on?

Moreover. So what? You're committing a naturalistic fallacy. Just because it's (supposedly, but so far not provably) logical doesn't mean it is actually what's happening

So, again, what is the claim that they're being reimbursed based on?

Avada Kedavra. Yes in this case my opinion is not better or worse than yours unless any of us can provide actual legit data on how many jfs are getting reimbursed in null.

And also it depends on the corp/alliance, the player wallet (some don't care about losing a jf) and tons of other parameters but it's pretty safe to say that most of them can or are reimbursed (like I said depending on the player) so they can move on and make profit again (they are in null).
Feel free to prove my logic wrong or to provide data.

Tippia wrote:
I have to start before I can stop. It would have been nice to label this as yet another fallacy on your part, but why bother. Let's just call it what it is: a lie.
Also, again, I don't have to prove anything until you do.

Please you really need to stay focused and only prove me wrong when you can.

Tippia wrote:
You said that they were being reimbursed. You made no distinction. There are two sides in this thread: the “JFs are invicible” side and the “not really, and even if they were, so what?” side. You're on the former.
So, where did you prove me wrong, again?

Do you actually read my posts, I said more than 3 times that they are not invincible but risk-free it's a pretty big difference.
If you shoot a JF with enough dps he'll die (wow dude it's really basic stuff I'm teaching you) but will you have the occasion to do so with a jf that know his timers ? Nope !
If you lost a JF you're not very good at the game and need to work on your gameplay, no offense being bad is not a problem stay bad and whining at CCP on the other hand..