These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

My EVE

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

[Video] Solo T1 Cruiser PvP - "Evolved Action"

Author
Aldap
State War Academy
Caldari State
#1 - 2013-05-30 04:50:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Aldap
Evolved Action - new solo PvP video.

Youtube or HQ download at EveFiles

Featuring the Rupture, Thorax and... Bellicose!
Punching above their weights using various tactics.

25 fights squeezed into 25 minutes. Playback speed always between 200% - 400%

The general purpose of this video is to show how much fun you can have just roaming around solo in a T1 hull, without fears and regrets. Showing all the good and 'bad' sides of solo roaming. I'm very happy about how it turned out, and consider this video the result of the most fun I've ever had solo roaming, this past couple of months have been amazingly enjoyable in New Eden for a solo pilot :-)

Couple side notes:
There's a small black screen for a few seconds, but I won't re-render to fix it, that's too painful :-) Its not that bad.
And for those few who watched my last two unofficial 'Evolution' videos, sorry that you'll rewatch 6 fights in this one as well, but this is the package deal video, rewatch 6 get 19 free! Its the first actual official Aldap video since Hunting Spirit.

Credits and music track list are at the very end of the video.

Enjoy! :-)

Edit: a very short 5min extra video with 3 nice fights, Youtube or Evefiles

An interesting article about Solo PvP: http://themittani.com/features/new-eden-solo

Multimedia Carl
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#2 - 2013-05-30 05:43:44 UTC
Always find your vids enjoyable to watch man. You are doing a good job, and..

i kinda look up to you Oops

Having fun and not think about the consequences is the way to goAttention
Logan Durandal
Matari Exodus
#3 - 2013-05-30 06:12:27 UTC
Very nice, made my morning this did :)

Video goes in the library when you´ve uploaded to eve-files so I can download it aswell.

Btw, don´t I recognize some songs from a video made by certain old corp-mate of yours, now spending his days as a dev?
Arch Widowmaker
Cry Wolf.
#4 - 2013-05-30 07:23:47 UTC
Good vid, Aldap. I like your style!

The dual footage was great for less interesting fights (that i'd still see the end result of) like where that sac kept tanking you.
Aldap
State War Academy
Caldari State
#5 - 2013-05-30 07:45:59 UTC
Thanks Carl, Logan and Arch!

Logan Durandal wrote:
Btw, don´t I recognize some songs from a video made by certain old corp-mate of yours, now spending his days as a dev?
Oh I don't know, if so not intentional. This time I used music that people suggested me at BsB channel... But seeing as its Kil2's channel, they may have been subconsciously brainwashed to suggest me those tracks :-)

An interesting article about Solo PvP: http://themittani.com/features/new-eden-solo

Guados
Everyone vs Everything
#6 - 2013-05-30 08:34:39 UTC
As usual good job Aldap.Thanks.

2nd in NEW EDEN OPEN TOURNAMENT My PvP Channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/Guadossss

Musashibou Benkei
State War Academy
Caldari State
#7 - 2013-05-30 09:44:03 UTC
Good lord that whole picture-in-picture thing is annoying..............
Other than that, good video. come back to khanid more so I can hunt you down :)
Mizhir
Devara Biotech
#8 - 2013-05-30 10:44:29 UTC
Once again, awesome video and very inspireing. Though the fight within a fight ... fightception?... is kinda confusing.

Still, great track selection and editing.

Btw, have you tried the Vexor? I have started flying it and it is absolutely amazing. Can still pack quite a punch while fielding a simelar tank to the rupture / thorax.

❤️️💛💚💙💜

maCH'EttE
Perkone
Caldari State
#9 - 2013-05-30 15:18:14 UTC
great fights A.
But tbh, i really did not like the two fights going on at the same time, one because it draws the eye and the eye has just to much stuff to follow, second the small view sometimes blocks stuff on the bigger video window.
Great music, great fights.
Drunk Action xXx420xXx
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#10 - 2013-05-30 17:41:41 UTC
im gay

good vid

join pizza
GonRin
Tackled In Belt Need Help
Siege Green.
#11 - 2013-05-31 00:36:29 UTC
I loved it, well done. I was kinda distracted by that dual-screen stuff but it's prolly just me. Nice vid.
Aralieus
Shadowbane Syndicate
#12 - 2013-05-31 05:01:43 UTC
Great vid man, thanks for sharing

Oderint Dum Metuant

Draxzion
Rattini Tribe
Minmatar Fleet Alliance
#13 - 2013-05-31 05:09:20 UTC
Another great video. Only thing I'd note is what a lot have already stated. Two fight cams at once is a bit much but made sense for the sac fight, obviously would of been a long fight.
mama guru
Yazatas.
#14 - 2013-05-31 12:16:51 UTC
Great stuff. Always good to see link free pvp.

EVE online is the fishermans friend of MMO's. If it's too hard you are too weak.

Aldap
State War Academy
Caldari State
#15 - 2013-05-31 14:20:24 UTC
Thanks everyone for the nice comments! Very much appreciated.
Indeed the dual-fights are getting mixed reviews, mostly on the negative side, so leason learned there. If I ever use it again it will only be to 'continue' long fights while introducing a new one, like with the Sacrilege, but not for just any fight again.

Mizhir wrote:
Btw, have you tried the Vexor? I have started flying it and it is absolutely amazing. Can still pack quite a punch while fielding a simelar tank to the rupture / thorax.
Vexor looks fantastic, I haven't seriously tried it yet, kind of decided to wait for T2 Ogres before fully trying it out. With my skill queue Ogre IIs are about 40days away :-)

Buhhdust Princess
Mind Games.
Suddenly Spaceships.
#16 - 2013-05-31 14:30:11 UTC
Great video, the dualscreen stuff put me off a little but I think it may have distracted most people.

Saying that, I have watched the video 3 times now and enjoyed it every time. Would love to see some BC stuff included in this now, I like to see a pilot grow in videos, please don't stick with just t1 cruisers when u could do so much more with a BC/BS :)
-Buhhd
God's Apples
Wilderness
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
#17 - 2013-05-31 20:09:52 UTC
Buhhdust Princess wrote:
Great video, the dualscreen stuff put me off a little but I think it may have distracted most people.

Saying that, I have watched the video 3 times now and enjoyed it every time. Would love to see some BC stuff included in this now, I like to see a pilot grow in videos, please don't stick with just t1 cruisers when u could do so much more with a BC/BS :)
-Buhhd

I find myself having to agree here. I watched the video and it was very excellent and interesting especially compared with most videos that are coming out now which tends to mostly be boring frig crap over and over or some ~elite~ PvP BS. While you have found your niche when comparing your video to your others you are pretty much doing the same thing over and over and if you could manage to use a BC or BS occasionally in the next video that would really "spice" things up.

"Hydra Reloaded are just jealous / butthurt on me / us because we can get tons of PVP action in empire while they aren't good enough to get that." - NightmareX

Mac Tir
State War Academy
Caldari State
#18 - 2013-06-01 16:37:57 UTC
Good video, but there's so much needless text on the screen.

Instead of stating that a Hurricane is about to show up along with X,Y and Z , just add the ship names to the list of what you're fighting when they appear. Your scribbling is distracting and ugly; trim it down and keep it contained!

I do appreciate the footage though. I think my favorite fight was when you took on that Ferox and just missed out. Just goes to show that losing can be thrilling too.

Looking forward to the next one.
Poisonous Flower
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#19 - 2013-06-01 16:57:58 UTC
hi!
Can you tell me why there are moons on your escape overview tab? Is this tab used only to save egg?
Xasz
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#20 - 2013-06-01 21:19:36 UTC
Great video overall! I'm a big fan of these "just what you expect" videos.

Only real criticism is that the dual-screen is pretty distracting in the regular fights, but it made the video worth a rewatch at least. Probably would be better off as just separate fights in the video (though I really like what you did with the sac fight).
12Next page