These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Er.....is that it?

First post
Author
Kult Altol
The Safe Space
#101 - 2013-06-01 12:06:07 UTC
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expansion_pack

Hmmm, sounds like an expansion to me.

[u]Can't wait untill when Eve online is Freemium.[/u] WiS only 10$, SP booster for one month 15$, DPS Boost 2$, EHP Boost 2$ Real money trading hub! Cosmeitic ship skins 15$ --> If you don't [u]pay **[/u]for a product, you ARE the [u]**product[/u].

Vaju Enki
Secular Wisdom
#102 - 2013-06-01 12:15:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Vaju Enki
Roisin Connor wrote:
Vaju Enki wrote:
Roisin Connor wrote:
Vaju Enki wrote:
Got love people that cry about lack of "content" on sandbox mmo-rpg games, they really think they are playing some themepark mmo-rpg, it's really funny lol

In this type of games, players are the content, what EvE Online needs is constant iteration on existing systems, the last 3 expansions were amayzing.

Ok so why even bother having a game at all then? Lets just play in the virtual sand box....what an ******* comment Vaju.

By adding more sand into the sandbox ie expanding the game can only be a good thing.

Again, if you don't like it, go play a themepark mmo-rpg, you will get alot of "content" in that type of kindergarten games.

In the meanwhile, CCP is on fire with 4 amayzing expansions in a row. EvE Online is in its best shape ever.

What you have just said does not even address my reply. How can me wanting more to the sandbox, more sand for players to do their own things (ie the opposite of theme park) lead to me possibly wanting to play a themepark game???!!

Get a brain Vaju or do not "argue" in these forums. If you are happy with the 4 patches in a row then good for you. I am happy as well but I want to encourage the team to make more drastic and better additions to the game.

Get a brain? Oh the irony.....

You clearly are a member of the two digit iq club, you are asking for barbie dolls irrelevant avatar "content", "content" that almost killed EvE online in the past, when CCP neglected the game to deliver that trash. Their is nothing you can't do within the current game that you would do with the avatar "content".

So sims online ---->

The Tears Must Flow

brinelan
#103 - 2013-06-01 12:26:00 UTC
Saorlan wrote:

Time for some real expansions. Time to realise the original goal of Eve. Time to open that freeking station door!!!

lol I hear ea is coming out with a new sims game if you like to walk around and look at things and calling it a game. Give us iterations on spaceships and nullsec and posses ...
Roel Yento
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#104 - 2013-06-01 13:43:48 UTC
A few points, you aren't paying for expansions, you are paying to play the game. If ccp chose to stop making patches/expansions and left the servers running you would still be able to play. Currently they choose to reinvest into the game buy making major patches/expansions. All it takes is them to stop advertising that you get expansions for free and you won't get jack.

Most other mmo's expansions have lots of visible content, i.e. new areas, gear, bosses, playable characters is because they are pve focused games. Sure they may have pvp but almost none of them are pvp focused. Environments are way different too. Easier to make a new landmass feel like a large expansion because it will have its own astetic. You expect ccp to add more space wich is mostly empty with some areas that have matter? By the way this is a goal of theirs, to let people build stargates to unknown systems. Do people want more pve content or something? Many people that play would probably like the pve content to be improved, ships to be ballanced, more ships, module ballance and additions, and lots of quality of life changes.

I'm gonna guess many people that complain about not having new stuff to do have not found what they enjoy doing in game or have tried everything extensively and want something new. Somehow i have a feeling that more people probably haven't found something they enjoy doing. If they did, they would want patches/expansions to improve in those areas.

As for WiS, sure it may be cool to be able to do but i'm sure many people won't bother since they are undocked and out doing things. Also if you live in a wormhole, you won' get to experience WiS much since you can't dock in your POS.
Indahmawar Fazmarai
#105 - 2013-06-01 13:57:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Indahmawar Fazmarai
Vaju Enki wrote:
Got love people that cry about lack of "content" on sandbox mmo-rpg games, they really think they are playing some themepark mmo-rpg, it's really funny lol

In this type of games, players are the content, what EvE Online needs is constant iteration on existing systems, the last 3 expansions were amayzing.

Every sandbox comes with tools so players make content.

I guess that to some people, coloring the Red Spade into the Blue Spade is terribly exciting and worth their monies, but some other people just would like to get a bucket along with the spade.

I've been playing this game intermitently for over 4 years, and currently in 2013 there is nothing that interests me that wasn't already there in 2008. That's kind of uninspiring and makes the game look very old and tired.
Vawd
Tax Evasion Ltd
#106 - 2013-06-01 14:32:21 UTC
There is more than the scanning changes, however I was hoping walking in stations would have been put in by now, I would be willing to pay for an expansion that allows me to walk in the stations, and explore stations that are ruins. The people who dont want it, wouldnt have to pay for it, and get no access to it.
Sergeant Acht Scultz
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#107 - 2013-06-01 14:37:23 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:

I've been pulling together the patch notes from all our teams and getting them formatted ready for release.

Given the sheer number of bullet points, its safe to say there's a bit more than "tweaking the scanning system and changing the way it works slightly."

Lol

Jam the crap out of OP !!

removed inappropriate ASCII art signature - CCP Eterne

Kult Altol
The Safe Space
#108 - 2013-06-01 17:01:30 UTC
I'm starting believe that many members in the eve community are more entitled that wow players.

[u]Can't wait untill when Eve online is Freemium.[/u] WiS only 10$, SP booster for one month 15$, DPS Boost 2$, EHP Boost 2$ Real money trading hub! Cosmeitic ship skins 15$ --> If you don't [u]pay **[/u]for a product, you ARE the [u]**product[/u].

Grimpak
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#109 - 2013-06-01 18:12:27 UTC
Kult Altol wrote:
I'm starting believe that many members in the eve community are more entitled that wow players.

you know what, I also think that such a thing is happening.

worst of all is, it's not the bittervets, altho there are some bitter vets, and it's not the noobs, altho there are some noobs.

I think it's more visible in the 1-3 year character bracket.

I shall now dub these the entitled bitter noobvettes, or nublarettes for short.

[img]http://eve-files.com/sig/grimpak[/img]

[quote]The more I know about humans, the more I love animals.[/quote] ain't that right

Zappity
New Eden Tank Testing Services
#110 - 2013-06-01 21:13:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Zappity
Wormholes was the last true expansion. Possibly incursions too. Everything since has been tweaks to existing systems. Necessary but nothing new.

Edit: not counting WiS for obvious reasons.

CCP needs to add something new. I bet the next thing will be player-built gates, hopefully to new systems.

Zappity's Adventures for a taste of lowsec and nullsec.

BoSau Hotim
Uitraan Diversified Holdings Incorporated
#111 - 2013-06-02 01:35:20 UTC
Roisin Connor wrote:
Er... is that it?

You (CCP) have tweaked the scanning system and changed the way it works slightly and are selling this as an expansion.

Does anyone else feel the same way as me after each supposed expansion - utterly dejected and depressed with the progress this game is making. When are CCP going to actually move the game on a bit ie open that station cabin door for our avatar.

There was a brilliant post about a prototype exploration game made in Unity engine that CCP had been protyping. You actually got out of your ship and explored the site, other players could come and hunt you. It was FPS love in space. Where is that? We get a few changes to exploration and call it an expansion.

Oh and you add some new system travel animation....

Man this is the only game that is worth playing at the moment but you guys really need to grow a pair and release something more than tweaks.

Please hurry the **** up CCP.

You obviously don't read the launcher links that say what is coming.

I'm not a carebear... I'm a SPACE BARBIE!  Now... where's Ken?