These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page
 

EVE: What if mode.

First post First post
Author
Gogela
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#21 - 2013-05-31 21:32:07 UTC
What if the eve gate opened back up and we find out Star Citizen is the Earth side... so we have 2 different games from two different developers you can go back and forth between.

Big smile

Signatures should be used responsibly...

Robus Muvila
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#22 - 2013-05-31 21:41:55 UTC
Ooh I got one.

What if space radiation. And then we were all furries? Bear

TMC Senior Developer http://themittani.com - Because EvE has needed a proper news site for ages

Aida Nu
Perkone
Caldari State
#23 - 2013-05-31 22:27:10 UTC
Vincent Athena wrote:
What if CCP ran a new sever that was all PvE. What changes would be needed to make it work?

It could not be connected to TQ at all so they could not influence each other. The space, ships, modules and so on, could all be the same.

Players would have to be locked out from shooting each other except for mutual wars, duels, and being in the same corp. CONCORD would become irrelevant, you could not do an action that calls them. Other griefing mechanics, like bumping, wreck theft, neutral RR, would have to be modified.

The E side, the environment, would have to have its game stepped way up, to destroy sufficient stuff to drive the economy. POSes in high sec would get attacked by mass rat fleets, random huge spawns with supers in low and null, and so on. You could log in to your Null outpost to find it was now owned by the Blood Raiders and being guarded by a mixed fleet of 50 ships, including Titans.

High sec, low sec and null sec would be defined by how strong the NPC rats are.

Claiming sov in Null would have to be based on how well you use your space. Someone else comes in and does better than you, you lose it.

If CCP started this anyone creating a new pilot could choose which server, but then be stuck there forever.



Didn't they do something similar with Ultima Online which resulted in the game basically dying out?

If you want to only PVE play X3.
Fredfredbug4
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2013-05-31 23:24:47 UTC
What if CCP were bees?
What if EVE were bees?
What if Hi-sec were bees?
What if Low sec were bees?
What if Null sec were bees?
What if Wormholes were bees?
What if Jovians were bees?
What if Caldari were bees?
What if Gallente were bees?
What if Minmatar were bees?
What if Amarr were bees?
What if ships were bees?
What if ships carrying ships were bees?
What if pods were bees?
What if star gates were bees?
What if systems were bees?
What if players were bees?
What if NPCs were bees?
What if Chibbra were bees?
What if Goons WEREN'T bees?
What if TEST were bees?
What if I were bees?
What if you were bees?
What if Tranquilty were bees?
What if bees crash the server?
What if bees are the server?

Watch_ Fred Fred Frederation_ and stop [u]cryptozoologist[/u]! Fight against the brutal genocide of fictional creatures across New Eden! Is that a metaphor? Probably not, but the fru-fru- people will sure love it!

Pelea Ming
Tax Evasion Fund
Sandbaggers United
#25 - 2013-05-31 23:59:14 UTC
ISD Suvetar wrote:
Gealbhan wrote:
What if EvE Online is actually a recruitment program for an alien defense force that's been decimated by an enemy and they're looking for that one amazing player for one last roll of the dice. Arrow


Isn't that the plot from 'The Last Starfighter' ?

Damn, need to watch that again now Pirate

Yes, lol, it is, and now i have to DL and watch it again, too! :P
Wacktopia
Noir.
The Network.
#26 - 2013-06-01 00:59:43 UTC
The blue donut would become a blue figure-8?...

Kitchen sink? Seriousy, get your ship together -  Fleet-Up.com

Sentamon
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#27 - 2013-06-01 12:18:32 UTC
KuroVolt wrote:
Note: this idea is completely *What If* I realise it would not work for several reasons, just roll with it damnit!

Anyway, what if CCP started hosting a different server
Not a mirror of TQ, an entirely different server with different regions and different systems.

New untouched patches of null sec and empire, and joining this server requires you to make a new account for that server alone [yet does not allow you to use your TQ name]

Then what if CCP let this server develop for say 5 years and then went ahead and introduced gates or wormholes that acted like a gateway between the 2 servers.

Let your imagination run wild and fill in the rest!


I think it's a brilliant idea.

EVE will always suffer from the "It's been around for 10+ years, I can't compete" condition." That keeps new players away. This imo would fix that and bring in new players and even get old players interested again.

Also, Instead of automatic links after a set timeframe you could create a conflict between players were some would want to build gates to connect to the current systems while others would try and stop them.

~ Professional Forum Alt  ~

Darvaleth Sigma
Imperial Security Hegemony
#28 - 2013-06-01 12:21:52 UTC
Azami Nevinyrall wrote:
"EVE: what if mode."

Sure, I'll play...

What if we got actual expansions instead of over glorified patches disguised as expansions?

(Sorry to harp on CCP for this, but "expansion notes" in EVE look highly similar to "patch notes" in other/all MMO's.)


They're free. STFU and go to WoW if that's what you want.

Give a man a match and you warm him for a day.

Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!

J3ssica Alba
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#29 - 2013-06-01 12:23:14 UTC
Gealbhan wrote:
What if EvE Online is actually a recruitment program for an alien defense force that's been decimated by an enemy and they're looking for that one amazing player for one last roll of the dice. Arrow



I've heard this before somewhere ....
This is my signature. There are many others like it, but this one is mine.  Without me, my signature is useless. Without my signature, I am useless
ElQuirko
Protus Correction Facility Inc.
#30 - 2013-06-01 12:50:48 UTC
What if EVE is actually one of those "hypnosis" screamer videos gone horribly, horribly wrong?

Dodixie > Hek

Felicity Love
Doomheim
#31 - 2013-06-01 12:55:05 UTC
What if there really are no more "Twinkies" ?

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

mr ed thehouseofed
Wrought iron Industries
#32 - 2013-06-01 13:05:32 UTC
Pelea Ming wrote:
ISD Suvetar wrote:
Gealbhan wrote:
What if EvE Online is actually a recruitment program for an alien defense force that's been decimated by an enemy and they're looking for that one amazing player for one last roll of the dice. Arrow


Isn't that the plot from 'The Last Starfighter' ?

Damn, need to watch that again now Pirate

Yes, lol, it is, and now i have to DL and watch it again, too! :P


watching it now...with cake too Big smileBig smile

i want a eve pinball machine...  confirming  CCP Cognac is best cognac

I Love Boobies
All Hail Boobies
#33 - 2013-06-01 13:05:57 UTC
You know what be cool? If this server did exist, then on some unannounced date, they link them together and the two servers duke it out for valuable stuff the other server doesn't have. That would liven it up a bit I think.
Vincent Athena
Photosynth
#34 - 2013-06-01 13:06:20 UTC
Aida Nu wrote:
Vincent Athena wrote:
What if CCP ran a new sever that was all PvE. What changes would be needed to make it work?

It could not be connected to TQ at all so they could not influence each other. The space, ships, modules and so on, could all be the same.

Players would have to be locked out from shooting each other except for mutual wars, duels, and being in the same corp. CONCORD would become irrelevant, you could not do an action that calls them. Other griefing mechanics, like bumping, wreck theft, neutral RR, would have to be modified.

The E side, the environment, would have to have its game stepped way up, to destroy sufficient stuff to drive the economy. POSes in high sec would get attacked by mass rat fleets, random huge spawns with supers in low and null, and so on. You could log in to your Null outpost to find it was now owned by the Blood Raiders and being guarded by a mixed fleet of 50 ships, including Titans.

High sec, low sec and null sec would be defined by how strong the NPC rats are.

Claiming sov in Null would have to be based on how well you use your space. Someone else comes in and does better than you, you lose it.

If CCP started this anyone creating a new pilot could choose which server, but then be stuck there forever.



Didn't they do something similar with Ultima Online which resulted in the game basically dying out?

If you want to only PVE play X3.

They linked the two in a way that made the economy not work. That's why I mentioned keeping them separate, and modifying the NPCs to drive the economy. If you do not do stuff like that, yes it would fail.

X3 is not multi-player so there is no cooperative game play, or a player driven market, or need for industrial empires, or.. well, so many things. There is no MMO PvE sandbox Sci Fi game out there.

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

Utremi Fasolasi
La Dolce Vita
#35 - 2013-06-01 14:44:22 UTC
Fredfredbug4 wrote:
What if CCP were bees?
What if EVE were bees?
What if Hi-sec were bees?
What if Low sec were bees?
What if Null sec were bees?
What if Wormholes were bees?
What if Jovians were bees?
What if Caldari were bees?
What if Gallente were bees?
What if Minmatar were bees?
What if Amarr were bees?
What if ships were bees?
What if ships carrying ships were bees?
What if pods were bees?
What if star gates were bees?
What if systems were bees?
What if players were bees?
What if NPCs were bees?
What if Chibbra were bees?
What if Goons WEREN'T bees?
What if TEST were bees?
What if I were bees?
What if you were bees?
What if Tranquilty were bees?
What if bees crash the server?
What if bees are the server?


I suppose this is mandatory.
coolzero
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#36 - 2013-06-01 15:15:19 UTC
CCP BunnyVirus wrote:
Gealbhan wrote:
What if EvE Online is actually a recruitment program for an alien defense force that's been decimated by an enemy and they're looking for that one amazing player for one last roll of the dice. Arrow



how do you know about it... state your business



didnt you try it before with videogames

The Last Starfighter
Xessej
Perkone
Caldari State
#37 - 2013-06-01 15:39:46 UTC
Seriously consider the possibilities. A brand new server. All toons are new. Nothing seeded in the economy but what is NPC seeded on TQ today. Even the big blobs would be in frigs and cruisers for a while and battleships would be dominant for at least a couple of years.

small alliances would have a real chance at taking and holding sov (the size of sov structures would need to be tweaked waiting for freighters before taking sov wouldn't work imo).
TigerXtrm
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#38 - 2013-06-01 15:48:28 UTC
KuroVolt wrote:

Then what if CCP let this server develop for say 5 years and then went ahead and introduced gates or wormholes that acted like a gateway between the 2 servers.


Holy mother of gate camps! :D

My YouTube Channel - EVE Tutorials & other game related things!

My Website - Blogs, Livestreams & Forums

Elder Ozzian
Perkone
Caldari State
#39 - 2013-06-01 16:16:17 UTC
What if the door opens?!

I disagree!

Messoroz
AQUILA INC
Verge of Collapse
#40 - 2013-06-01 16:17:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Messoroz
Gates between servers like that would ruin the games. There is no way for economies to function properly without them both being on the same server. You would create an artificial separation of an economy that should be one but will function like two separate ones.
Previous page123Next page