These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

"Restart" button...

Author
Kalesto
Shachi and Grimm Co.
#1 - 2013-05-31 11:08:04 UTC
What does it do now? Big smile
Ruskarn Andedare
Lion Investments
#2 - 2013-05-31 11:15:41 UTC
Kalesto wrote:

Which restart button?

If it's the one that comes up after a DC it prevents you from logging in until you restart the launcher. Twisted
Tul Breetai
Impromptu Asset Requisition
#3 - 2013-05-31 11:25:17 UTC
Ruskarn Andedare wrote:
Kalesto wrote:

Which restart button?

If it's the one that comes up after a DC it prevents you from logging in until you restart the launcher. Twisted

QFT

There's nothing worse than an EVE player, generally considered to be top of the food chain in the MMO world, that cannot smacktalk with wit and coherency.

Chip Assaultshakr
Ministry of Bureaucracy
#4 - 2013-05-31 11:49:18 UTC
I know what he's talking about. If you get 'the socket has been closed' notification, you get two options, 'close' and 'restart'. in my experience hitting 'restart' now does nothing. the client closes and then you wait 10 minutes wondering if the client is having another downs syndrome start up episode, or if it's just a dead button since the new launcher came out. I'm guessing the latter
Britta Nolen
Sama Guild
#5 - 2013-05-31 11:52:20 UTC
if your not using the launcher, restart closes that specific instance of eve and launches a new one.
J3ssica Alba
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2013-05-31 11:54:57 UTC
The restart button is wired to a bottle full of hamster food, each time someone presses it a little hamster food drops into the server and the hamsters are happy and full. When too many people press it during mass dcs the server is flooded with hamster food and go offline like now till Tuxford cleans up the mess.
This is my signature. There are many others like it, but this one is mine.  Without me, my signature is useless. Without my signature, I am useless
Chip Assaultshakr
Ministry of Bureaucracy
#7 - 2013-05-31 11:54:58 UTC
Britta Nolen wrote:
if your not using the launcher, restart closes that specific instance of eve and launches a new one.

and if you are using the launcher? since i am
Ruskarn Andedare
Lion Investments
#8 - 2013-05-31 12:49:36 UTC
Chip Assaultshakr wrote:
Britta Nolen wrote:

and if you are using the launcher? since i am

Like I said it prevents you from logging in until you restart the launcher.

(i.e. it does nothing useful at all)
Seven Koskanaiken
Shadow Legions.
#9 - 2013-05-31 12:52:51 UTC
Ruskarn Andedare wrote:
Kalesto wrote:

Which restart button?

No it's the one that resets all of eve, each president of Iceland is given the button upon taking office.