These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Linux

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Possible fix for the new Launcher?

Author
Shaman Mystic
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#21 - 2013-05-31 05:32:29 UTC
Hoping this hasn't been said already. The new launcher works for me as long as I clear the launcher cache on each start up to load the User name and password bars.

Ubuntu 12.10
Wine 1.5.31
Woo Mi
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#22 - 2013-05-31 08:24:30 UTC
After the latest launcher version the launcher now successfully exits without hanging for me.
It also starts up successfully every time, without a need to kill its cache.
I am using wine 1.5.31 + the ssl certificate patch from the other thread.
Goompas Teron
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#23 - 2013-06-07 16:51:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Goompas Teron
Dryvin Marstolt wrote:
Just wanted to chime in that the PlayOnLinux wine-1.5.28-Guildwars2 appears to be working properly. I just used PlayOnLinux to download the Wine version, then used it to run EVE. Didn't actually install the game in PlayOnLinux.

Since I use Arch x86_64, this was the most convenient way to do this, since installing patched versions of Wine is a pain due to needing 32 bit libraries for everything, or a chroot jail.

Just used:
env WINEPREFIX=/opt/EVE_Online WINEARCH=win32 ~/.Playonlinux/wine/linux-x86/1.5.28-GuildWars2/bin/wine /opt/EVE_Online/drive_c/Program\ Files/CCP/EVE/eve.exe

Works beautifully. Will be curious to see if using the slightly older version of Wine corrects the crashes I've been seeing for the past week or two.

Im using arch64 too. Do you have working ingame browser?
Or maybe anyone else have working ingame browser and can share installation details(system, wine version)

EDIT
I go it working on clean install wine-1.5.31 + winetricks corefonts d3dx9_36 msvcirt vcrun2008,
+ library
d3d11 (disabled)
msvcr90 (native, builtin)

Now i need to fix audio, any hints?

EDIT2
Ok i got it.
Full details 60 fps and normal sound :) Only CQ freeze but im not using it :D
I've installed wine-1.5.31 and then unpacked playonlinux, after that installed all needed by wine libraries (some packages alsa-utils and alsa-plugins seem help with sound). After that i haved working sound on playonlinux and working ingame browser on wine.
So i copied 3 *.reg files from playonlinux home direcotry to my wine home directory and all works now :)
Woo Mi
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2013-07-18 22:11:41 UTC
I am still running 1.5.31 successfully.
Can anyone confirm/deny that the awesomium patch is still needed for wine 1.6?
Cipher Jones
The Thomas Edwards Taco Tuesday All Stars
#25 - 2013-08-06 20:01:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Cipher Jones
Shaman Mystic wrote:
Hoping this hasn't been said already. The new launcher works for me as long as I clear the launcher cache on each start up to load the User name and password bars.

Ubuntu 12.10
Wine 1.5.31

What files? just the logs?

Ahhh, nm, i see there is a reset in the settings. Not working for me ATM.

internet spaceships

are serious business sir.

and don't forget it

Cipher Jones
The Thomas Edwards Taco Tuesday All Stars
#26 - 2013-08-06 20:13:07 UTC
Woo Mi wrote:
I am still running 1.5.31 successfully.
Can anyone confirm/deny that the awesomium patch is still needed for wine 1.6?

To run the client I did not need it, needed only vcrun2005, 08, 10, and corefonts. Slackware 14.

internet spaceships

are serious business sir.

and don't forget it

Previous page12