These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Recruitment and Awoxers

Author
Adunh Slavy
#81 - 2013-05-30 22:26:06 UTC
Andski wrote:
he's arguing that corp directors shouldn't have to vet applicants because ~it's just a game~

which is nonsense because this is a goddamn MMO


MMO's aren't games? Hrm. We'll have to rewrite the dictionary I suppose, to change the meaning of the word "game" when used in the context of an MMO, which is defined as "massively multiplayer online game" ... Call Websters.


On a serious note, what benefit is there to the game? What would be lost by letting a corp director enable or disable a corp member's ability to shoot at other corp members?

What is it some of you are defending other than "it makes Eve harsh"? Easy kills? Giggle time for self loathing neckbeards? What?

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.  - William Pitt

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#82 - 2013-05-30 23:54:08 UTC
Adunh Slavy wrote:
On a serious note, what benefit is there to the game? What would be lost by letting a corp director enable or disable a corp member's ability to shoot at other corp members?

What is it some of you are defending other than "it makes Eve harsh"? Easy kills? Giggle time for self loathing neckbeards? What?


Read this before you go off saying dumb crap like "everyone that does PvP is a self-loathing neckbeard."

There are consequences for bad corp recruiting practices. This game is about consequences. Stop asking to be shielded from your bad decisions.

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Arielle Lima
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#83 - 2013-05-30 23:58:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Arielle Lima
Hmmmm...

This thread simply reinforces my decision to play solo with my Main even though I'd really like to get into a Corp at times. Way to much bullshit required to get into one of the "good corps" (yeah right). It seems everyone thinks you are either a spy, awoxer or someone the corp can exploit before they exploit you. Frankly, I'm amazed there are any corps at all with any members. No one trusts anyone...
Adunh Slavy
#84 - 2013-05-31 00:01:16 UTC
Andski wrote:
Adunh Slavy wrote:
On a serious note, what benefit is there to the game? What would be lost by letting a corp director enable or disable a corp member's ability to shoot at other corp members?

What is it some of you are defending other than "it makes Eve harsh"? Easy kills? Giggle time for self loathing neckbeards? What?


Read this before you go off saying dumb crap like "everyone that does PvP is a self-loathing neckbeard."

There are consequences for bad corp recruiting practices. This game is about consequences. Stop asking to be shielded from your bad decisions.




Why are you making things up? When did I say "everyone that does PvP is a self-loathing neckbeard" ? Never, Stop lying. And show me where I made a bad decision. Oh you can't, even more lies.

Ironic considering the link in your post.

I'll notice you also avoided answering the question.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.  - William Pitt

Danni stark
#85 - 2013-05-31 00:07:23 UTC
what would be lost by the ability to remove the ability to kill corp mates without concord intervention?
the consequence of lax recruitment practices is what would be lost.

why would any one promote something that rewards players for being lazy and disinterested in their corporations recruitment process?
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#86 - 2013-05-31 00:10:38 UTC
Arielle Lima wrote:
Hmmmm...

This thread simply reinforces my decision to play solo with my Main even though I'd really like to get into a Corp at times. Way to much bullshit required to get into one of the "good corps" (yeah right). It seems everyone thinks you are either a spy, awoxer or someone the corp can exploit before they exploit you. Frankly, I'm amazed there are any corps at all with any members. No one trusts anyone...


Your decision to play solo is yours and yours entirely. Blaming it on bad corps isn't going to help.

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#87 - 2013-05-31 00:12:46 UTC
Adunh Slavy wrote:
Why are you making things up? When did I say "everyone that does PvP is a self-loathing neckbeard" ? Never, Stop lying. And show me where I made a bad decision. Oh you can't, even more lies.

Ironic considering the link in your post.

I'll notice you also avoided answering the question.


I answered the question in my post. You may believe that casually recruiting everyone that applies to your corp willy-nilly should not have consequences, but there should be.

It's not as if awoxers have every advantage - they are, after all, outnumbered.

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#88 - 2013-05-31 00:26:50 UTC  |  Edited by: RubyPorto
Adunh Slavy wrote:
RubyPorto wrote:

Your theory that "newbies can't get into corps" is simply false.


I never made that argument nor present it as a theory. Feel free to show me where I said, "newbies can't get into corps" ... please, go find it. Let's see if your search skills are as good as your strawman skills.



https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=3111138#post3111138
Adunh Slavy wrote:
And CCP wonders why so many new players can't find corps and leave the game after a few months.

Forcing trust is not a good mechanic, let the awoxer earn his right, not just be handed to him.



Ahem. (Emphasis Mine)

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

Danni stark
#89 - 2013-05-31 00:29:12 UTC
RubyPorto wrote:
Ahem.


excellent.
Adunh Slavy
#90 - 2013-05-31 00:32:22 UTC
Andski wrote:

I answered the question in my post. You may believe that casually recruiting everyone that applies to your corp willy-nilly should not have consequences, but there should be.


No, you did not.

Again I ask, what is lost by giving a director the ability to turn on or off a player's ability to shoot other corp members?

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.  - William Pitt

Adunh Slavy
#91 - 2013-05-31 00:34:27 UTC
RubyPorto wrote:
Adunh Slavy wrote:
RubyPorto wrote:

Your theory that "newbies can't get into corps" is simply false.


I never made that argument nor present it as a theory. Feel free to show me where I said, "newbies can't get into corps" ... please, go find it. Let's see if your search skills are as good as your strawman skills.



https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=3111138#post3111138
Adunh Slavy wrote:
And CCP wonders why so many new players can't find corps and leave the game after a few months.

Forcing trust is not a good mechanic, let the awoxer earn his right, not just be handed to him.



Ahem. (Emphasis Mine)



I'll note your omission, "many new players can't find corps". Your phrasing implies ALL NEWBIES. Which I clearly did not say.

That makes you a liar.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.  - William Pitt

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#92 - 2013-05-31 00:44:18 UTC
Adunh Slavy wrote:
No, you did not.

Again I ask, what is lost by giving a director the ability to turn on or off a player's ability to shoot other corp members?


I answered your question. It is not my problem if you don't like the answer.

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#93 - 2013-05-31 00:45:00 UTC
Adunh Slavy wrote:
I'll note your omission, "many new players can't find corps". Your phrasing implies ALL NEWBIES. Which I clearly did not say.

That makes you a liar.


It doesn't, it just makes you a pedant.

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Adunh Slavy
#94 - 2013-05-31 00:46:10 UTC
Andski wrote:
Adunh Slavy wrote:
I'll note your omission, "many new players can't find corps". Your phrasing implies ALL NEWBIES. Which I clearly did not say.

That makes you a liar.


It doesn't, it just makes you a pedant.



So lies and insults are you answer. Got it.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.  - William Pitt

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#95 - 2013-05-31 00:54:46 UTC
Adunh Slavy wrote:
So lies and insults are you answer. Got it.


It's not an insult, you are being pedantic. There is no difference between "newbies can't get into corps" and "newbies can't find corps" - you are only arguing over a minor difference (and, on the contrary, he did not imply "all newbies")

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#96 - 2013-05-31 00:59:54 UTC
In any case, your premise is false: a newbie who wants to get into a corp will find one. They might not get into one immediately because of the need for security, but simply removing awoxing isn't going to change that. Your end goal of making it easier to join corps won't happen, so you're just removing one consequence of bad corp management. That isn't good for the game.

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Adunh Slavy
#97 - 2013-05-31 01:00:34 UTC
Andski wrote:
Adunh Slavy wrote:
So lies and insults are you answer. Got it.


It's not an insult, you are being pedantic. There is no difference between "newbies can't get into corps" and "newbies can't find corps" - you are only arguing over a minor difference (and, on the contrary, he did not imply "all newbies")



So defending one's self against being misquoted is pedantic.

When did you stop beating your wife?

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.  - William Pitt

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#98 - 2013-05-31 01:05:10 UTC
Adunh Slavy wrote:
So defending one's self against being misquoted is pedantic.


You were not misquoted, and it's wrong either way: if newbies are having a hard time finding corps, it has nothing to do with the risk that they are awoxers. They're just not even trying.

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#99 - 2013-05-31 01:17:11 UTC
If you want awoxing to decrease you need to make it easier to kill people in highsec. I like the idea of quadrupling concord response time for NPC corp members.

This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. Improve the forums, support this idea: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=345133

Dave Stark
#100 - 2013-05-31 01:20:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Dave Stark
La Nariz wrote:
If you want awoxing to decrease you need to make it easier to kill people in highsec. I like the idea of quadrupling concord response time for NPC corp members.


doesn't really make it easier, it just makes it cheaper.

and thinking about it, probably makes the skiff even less relevant than it already is.