These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

Exploration Mini Game - your impressions

Author
Whim Aqayn
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#41 - 2013-05-30 00:12:37 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Brooks Puuntai wrote:
I don't see how trying to click little green dots is considered fun, but to each his own. Also the whole idea of trying to incentivise group looting in a generally non group activity(exploration) seems logically backwards.

Ask yourself: why is it generally a non-group activity? Could it be because the only effect of doing it as a group is less rewards for everyone? It seems entirely logical to me to try to incentivise group play in anything, because if it doesn't work like that right now, it's probably because it's poorly designed.

Then I suppose they should just make sites with harder rats... oh wait.
EI Digin
irc.zulusquad.org
#42 - 2013-05-30 00:15:07 UTC  |  Edited by: EI Digin
oops
Heinel Coventina
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#43 - 2013-05-30 02:09:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Heinel Coventina
Nexus Day wrote:

No. As CCP stated they want to open exploration to everyone as a starter profession. Now your competition just went through the roof.

CCP nerfs hi sec income using ezmode. Nullsec bitter vets confused on how they should react.

The newbies won't be doing the sites nearly as efficiently. I just need all those bitter vets in T3s to move on or quit and give me their stuff.

Whim Aqayn wrote:

Then I suppose they should just make sites with harder rats... oh wait.

Adding stronger rats will not promote group play. It will only promote blinkier ships, longer skill queues and use of alts.

If you're into those kind of masochism, go farm L5 missions. They exist for you only.
March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#44 - 2013-05-30 09:39:48 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Ruskarn Andedare wrote:
[Except they can't - they have to be done in serial as everyone involved has to be at each site for the end of the mini-game. i.e. the rest of the group sitting bored while one person gets the fun mini-game then everyone gets to play the stupid bit.
…and while waiting around there (hell, even while being fleet-warped there), they can look around for other stuff. There's no need for them to just sit around and be bored.

...except cases where you have only 1 site in the system...

yes, you can then warp to belts and kill rats (for example in high-sec Shocked) or do missions (if you have agents close)...

Looks good Lol

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

Inxentas Ultramar
Ultramar Independent Contracting
#45 - 2013-05-30 18:32:26 UTC
Not a fan of minigames and QTE in general. Signs of the times I guess.
Torgerak
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#46 - 2013-05-30 20:41:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Torgerak
The min-game, whatever, it's a mind numbing click-fest with not even a trace of EVE's normal 'realism' factor, but who cares.

The loot Pinata is the worst idea since the inception of EVE. It's almost as if a CCP Director has come up with the idea and 'everyone' has to get into line with it, even the player-base who hate it beyond anything I have ever seen. It has no 'realism' factor, it has no comparable game mechanic, it has nothing.

I feel like swearing effusively on this but what is the point, it is being introduced and an entire month of nothing but negative feedback since it's reveal has done nothing to change this.

Hell they have even added the old faction POS's as a reward for getting involved in a transparently desperate attempt to make it look good.

God awful, pathetic nonsense which may turn the thing I most enjoy in EVE online into a thing I detest and avoid like the plague.
Agaetis Byrjun Endalaust
#47 - 2013-05-30 20:59:01 UTC
not EVE

period

__________________________ just because you're paranoid it doesn't mean they're not after you

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#48 - 2013-05-30 21:13:37 UTC
EI Digin wrote:
You see collecting the loot is not fun because you can't take all of it for yourself. I want all the loot, screw everyone else. Make it rare too.

Rare, by definition, means limited. If it starts dropping a lot of rare stuff then it's not rare any more. What are you going to whine for when what is currently rare becomes common overnight?

You want a rare drop then you work for it like everyone else.

Mr Epeen Cool
Setaceous
Nexus Prima
#49 - 2013-05-30 22:54:47 UTC
Bloody hell I'm tired, read that as Exploitation Mini Game.........

I'll reserve judgement until it goes live, but it looks like fun.
Danni stark
#50 - 2013-05-30 23:02:05 UTC
last time i tried it on sisi it wasn't finished and just seemed like random clicking.
just saw it on the live stream in it's finished state, and it still just seems like random clicking.

the old system might have just been waiting for a timer to finish, but that's just as bad as random clicking. interaction is only good if it's meaningful and has purpose.
Previous page123