These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

That TV series Eve's getting, how would it be best?

Author
Danbar Roth
Moon Goo Ltd
#41 - 2013-05-30 15:48:33 UTC
Set the scene first, make the first season about the trip to new Eden the tragedy that stranded them all their, Second season could be progression once the empires have started to evolve and the power struggle with all that stuff, slowly introduce the immortal capsuleers as a mesmerizing powerhouse that changes everything and work form their. Unless you spend a decent amount of time setting the world up for people the 99.999% of the world who have never heard of eve will lose interest very quickly because they have nothing to relate to.
I Need PLEX
Doomheim
#42 - 2013-05-30 15:50:09 UTC
Clearly it needs to be The Game of Space Thrones
Muad 'dib
The Nine Nine
#43 - 2013-05-30 16:13:28 UTC
John Ratcliffe wrote:
Muad 'dib wrote:
If its about alliance drama on a political stage - im out.

I hope its like battlestar only with more space fights and less love scenes.

Why? Are you homo? It should have space battles and love scenes. Preferably with super hot women.

less is not zero!!!

I just dont want to have to 'pay' for a few minutes of soft pron with 10 minutes of will they wont they classic time wasting Hollywood 'magic'

pew pew, kiss kiss, bang bang, pew pew!

Cosmic signature detected. . . . http://i.imgur.com/Z7NfIS6.jpg I got 99 likes, and this post aint one.

Ekhss Nihilo
2 Men and a Goat
Asteroid Protection Agency
#44 - 2013-05-30 16:32:22 UTC
John Ratcliffe wrote:
Muad 'dib wrote:
If its about alliance drama on a political stage - im out.

I hope its like battlestar only with more space fights and less love scenes.

Why? Are you homo? It should have space battles and love scenes. Preferably with super hot women.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius (AD 121-180)

Ekhss Nihilo
2 Men and a Goat
Asteroid Protection Agency
#45 - 2013-05-30 16:33:39 UTC
I Need PLEX wrote:

Cross-bred with a little Dune Navigator influence. The spice must flow!

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius (AD 121-180)

Leper ofBacon
HELP GRANDMA SMASH HER LEGS IN
#46 - 2013-05-30 17:13:39 UTC
It should capture the motivations of actual players while not acknowledging that it is a game being played. Any reference to the 'MMO being played' aspect would doom the premise, because it's not interesting at all to anyone (see webcam inclusions on gameplay videos). The character's motivation for gain should be a mixture of eternal greed and ambition, since death does not exist as a penalty.

Who knows if this will be enough to make a successful and interesting plot. The worst thing they could do would be to try and shoehorn in some plot device which is not present in the eve universe (high politics with people on podiums ala BSG, too much interaction with the plebs etc).
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#47 - 2013-05-30 17:56:58 UTC
As long as it doesnt air on FOX it should be ok.

Also, Im still calling dibs on special guest star on s1 ep10.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#48 - 2013-05-30 18:10:55 UTC
Lancastor Dex wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:
Lancastor Dex wrote:
Bischopt wrote:
Personally I'm hoping to see something Firefly-like, set in the eve universe obviously.

The important thing is that they don't get too fancy with it. I have faith in HBO but still I'm worried the entire thing is going to be slo-mo explosions with no real content (depth).

no offense to anime fans, but I really don't want to see too much similarity between the eve series (if it actually gets made that is) and anime. In my experience anime tends to focus too much on the one thing that makes the particular anime series special, eventually turning the whole thing ridiculous as it keeps escalating.

To answer the OP: What I want to see is a live action series that takes place inside the eve universe.

FireFly? rly? U mean sad bancrupt cowboys in space with Amish-like looking dust players?

You're talking about perhaps the best SciFi series ever written son, show some respect. Smile

I rly wanted to like it. I literaly forced myself to watch whole season to find some common sense in it. Sadly found only grotesque Murican history based space cowboy crap. Thankfully Higher Power intervened and saved us from more suffering.

Everybody has different taste, of course, but if the only thing you got out of Firefly was that it was even remotely about "space cowboys" you really weren't paying attention.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Ioci
Bad Girl Posse
Somethin Awfull Forums
#49 - 2013-05-30 18:19:51 UTC
I could make this work, keep it EVE and I'd have a lot of fun doing it. I just can't afford good vid cap software right now and I don't think free Bandi Cam and Windows movie maker will do it justice.

If you think about a television show, plot lines are pretty thin. Even movies, the course of events are pretty simplistic. The story telling is what makes it seem larger than life. National Lampoon style or Riddick style, Star Wars or Family Guy. There is plenty of story telling potential in the New Eden Universe.

R.I.P. Vile Rat

SmilingVagrant
Doomheim
#50 - 2013-05-30 22:37:13 UTC
I want it to be realistic. I want to see a fat man conquering the galaxy while dipping a corn dog into a tub of nacho cheese sauce.
Ckra Trald
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#51 - 2013-05-30 22:42:34 UTC
anything hbo series is good

Curb Your Enthusiasm
breaking bad
game of thrones

/swag

http://www.rusemen.com/ Join Tengoo xd

Victoria Sin
Doomheim
#52 - 2013-05-30 22:45:44 UTC
I would do it as a situation comedy/farce. I can picture the opening scene: Massive Titan appears at cyno, lightning flashes all around it, moving slowly into shot. Cut to Titan bridge, spotty nerd with glasses and incredibly high pitched voice wearing jeans, trainers and a t-shirt with "I have multiple personalities and none of them like you" written on it leans over a desk, studying a map...
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#53 - 2013-05-30 22:46:59 UTC
For maximum effect, they should produce a 2-part miniseries movie depicting the discovery of the Eve gate and colonization of New Eden. The second part could be the dark ages and rise of the empires. This way the stage is set for the 'modern day' stories we are all experiencing now.

Plus, if the show is cancelled after the first 2 episodes (Mainly because the people demanded me as a series regular...and it didnt happen), we will still have the miniseries/movie to watch on Blu-ray.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Anna Karhunen
Inoue INEXP
#54 - 2013-05-30 22:48:39 UTC
I Need PLEX wrote:

...with some spoilers in station names.

As my old maths teacher used to say: "Statistics are like bikinis: It's what they don't show that's interesting". -CCP Aporia

Felicity Love
Doomheim
#55 - 2013-05-30 22:57:42 UTC
WHAT I REALLY want to know is will the Station Door in the Captain's Quarters finally open ?

Hell, they could probably make at least 3 episodes out of "The Door", just prolonging the agony. Roll

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Hesod Adee
Perkone
Caldari State
#56 - 2013-05-30 23:25:02 UTC
What about a series focused on the mortal characters of New Eden ?

Though the most important thing I see is that CCP needs to make it legally available to an international audience. I will be most annoyed if I'm not allowed to watch it because I live in the wrong country.
Halcyon Ingenium
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#57 - 2013-05-30 23:43:46 UTC
Rana Ash wrote:
...Angst over the first kill...

Angst over their first death...

By the way, since we're already talking, do you want to buy a rifter? I've got the cheapest rifters in Metropolis. If you can find a cheaper rifter, buy it!

Seven Koskanaiken
Shadow Legions.
Lord of Worlds Alliance
#58 - 2013-05-30 23:51:33 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Give it to HBO.

**** in space.
Nyancat Audeles
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#59 - 2013-05-31 00:10:11 UTC
Show should be from a PoV of a miner. Hours-on-end rock grinding in highsec, the intensity of it!
Mike Whiite
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#60 - 2013-05-31 06:45:33 UTC
Ckra Trald wrote:
anything hbo series is good

breaking bad

/swag

Accept Breaking Bad is not from HBO, but AMC.