These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page
 

Supers a broken as of the 4th

Author
Haulie Berry
#21 - 2013-05-30 17:59:08 UTC
E-2C Hawkeye wrote:
I understand if you can fly it now you can fly it after. My question would be what if the person didnt have SP covered and they lost the ability after being podded?


The worst case scenario would require retraining capital ships and racial carrier to 1. SP loss from podding doesn't remove the skill from the skill list, and if it's been injected, you can train it, so basically the answer to your question is that absolutely nothing interesting would happen in this scenario.
Danni stark
#22 - 2013-05-30 17:59:14 UTC
can we not just ban people that make these threads?
Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#23 - 2013-05-30 17:59:23 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Oh my god.
How many threads has it been?


I've lost count but you can be sure there will be more.

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

Alphea Abbra
Project Promethion
#24 - 2013-05-30 17:59:36 UTC
Jaangel wrote:
Liang Nuren wrote:
Jaangel wrote:

and to the idiots who are saying 'Train the skill' i already am as unlike you i am not completely ********....BUT this doesnt change the question which is how???


Have you tried this out on sisi and made sure you can't get back in the ship? Also, I generally drag the skill onto the right in the skill queue. Dunno about you.

-Liang


"BUT how because i wont have the skill requirements...."
Hot damn you're not very bright.

You can fly it now?
IF YES: You can fly it afterwards.

WHY? Because the skills necessary to fly it has not been changed.
Now please go on about your day.
brinelan
#25 - 2013-05-30 18:00:35 UTC
Jaangel wrote:
Liang Nuren wrote:
Jaangel wrote:

and to the idiots who are saying 'Train the skill' i already am as unlike you i am not completely ********....BUT this doesnt change the question which is how???


Have you tried this out on sisi and made sure you can't get back in the ship? Also, I generally drag the skill onto the right in the skill queue. Dunno about you.

-Liang


"BUT how because i wont have the skill requirements...."


there are levels of skills prereqs. the primary skills are needed to get in the ship, the secondary and tertiary are needed to inject the primary skills. or ya you could look at the dev blog for pictures that will explain it.
Frostys Virpio
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#26 - 2013-05-30 18:02:16 UTC
OP is a tard.
ian papabear
No Regard.
#27 - 2013-05-30 18:04:49 UTC
Jaangel wrote:
after the patch my nyx holding alt wont be able to get in and out of the ship due to lacking the jump fuel conservation skill....But i no longer require BS 5.

are they going to refund my BS 5 and 4 and give me the skill points back????


you are a scrub for not even having it trained

.

Jaangel
Tectu
#28 - 2013-05-30 18:05:31 UTC
Grey Azorria wrote:
Stupid will always be stupid... Regardless I shall engage in a noble, yet probably pointless, attempt to cure what ails you.

Due to the way nested skill requirements work, you only need to have the skills directly required to fly the ship trained (in this case Capital Ships and Gallente Carrier). Whether or not any nested requirements change will not affect your ability to fly any ships, nor will it affect your ability to train any skills you already have injected. The only problem you might have is if you decide to train up, say, Amarr Carriers - in that case you will have to train all the nested requirements.


Why couldn't this have been the first response since reading ive been back on test server and i get it....Not impressed this works though i want my wasted skill points back.....:(
THisisanAlt Mieyli
Doomheim
#29 - 2013-05-30 18:06:29 UTC
I got an alt that can fly a super cap, if this said alt get poded will I then not be able to fly super cap with my main?

My main got command ship trained, but if my main get poded I wont be able to fly command ship on my alt?

Bullocks!
Turelus
Utassi Security
#30 - 2013-05-30 18:06:32 UTC
Jaangel wrote:
after the patch my nyx holding alt wont be able to get in and out of the ship due to lacking the jump fuel conservation skill....But i no longer require BS 5.

are they going to refund my BS 5 and 4 and give me the skill points back????

Am I the only one wondering what they're doing in a Nyx if they haven't even trained basic jump skills?

Turelus CEO Utassi Security

Frostys Virpio
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#31 - 2013-05-30 18:06:48 UTC
Jaangel wrote:


Why couldn't this have been the first response since reading ive been back on test server and i get it....Not impressed this works though i want my wasted skill points back.....:(


Confirming OP is a tard.
Frostys Virpio
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#32 - 2013-05-30 18:07:45 UTC
THisisanAlt Mieyli wrote:
I got an alt that can fly a super cap, if this said alt get poded will I then not be able to fly super cap with my main?

My main got command ship trained, but if my main get poded I wont be able to fly command ship on my alt?

Bullocks!


Is the skill still injected?

Can you train any injected skills?
Haulie Berry
#33 - 2013-05-30 18:08:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Haulie Berry
Jaangel wrote:
Grey Azorria wrote:
Stupid will always be stupid... Regardless I shall engage in a noble, yet probably pointless, attempt to cure what ails you.

Due to the way nested skill requirements work, you only need to have the skills directly required to fly the ship trained (in this case Capital Ships and Gallente Carrier). Whether or not any nested requirements change will not affect your ability to fly any ships, nor will it affect your ability to train any skills you already have injected. The only problem you might have is if you decide to train up, say, Amarr Carriers - in that case you will have to train all the nested requirements.


Why couldn't this have been the first response since reading ive been back on test server and i get it


Because despite the fact that it was very clearly explained in a dev blog and multiple other threads, you had to ask... again. Nobody has the patience to be polite about this stupid, stupid question anymore.

Quote:
....Not impressed this works though i want my wasted skill points back.....:(


They're not wasted. They allow you to fly a battleship.

If you don't want to fly a battleship, that's a personal problem, and not the skill's fault.
I Need PLEX
Doomheim
#34 - 2013-05-30 18:08:54 UTC
Scrubs still use holding chars in the Year of Our Lord MMXIII ??
THisisanAlt Mieyli
Doomheim
#35 - 2013-05-30 18:11:36 UTC
Frostys Virpio wrote:
THisisanAlt Mieyli wrote:
I got an alt that can fly a super cap, if this said alt get poded will I then not be able to fly super cap with my main?

My main got command ship trained, but if my main get poded I wont be able to fly command ship on my alt?

Bullocks!


Is the skill still injected?

Can you train any injected skills?


The skill is injected on my alt but my main got the other skiill, so I'm afraid they can't fly the ships as none of them got any of the skills injected as I want my alt to fly command ships and my main to fly super caps.
Sipphakta en Gravonere
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#36 - 2013-05-30 18:14:35 UTC
Jaangel wrote:
Why couldn't this have been the first response since reading ive been back on test server and i get it....


People get tired of explaining the most simple and basic things again and again.

Quote:
Not impressed this works though i want my wasted skill points back.....:(


How are the skill points wasted? Have all battleships been removed from the game?
Jaangel
Tectu
#37 - 2013-05-30 18:15:22 UTC
Turelus wrote:
Jaangel wrote:
after the patch my nyx holding alt wont be able to get in and out of the ship due to lacking the jump fuel conservation skill....But i no longer require BS 5.

are they going to refund my BS 5 and 4 and give me the skill points back????

Am I the only one wondering what they're doing in a Nyx if they haven't even trained basic jump skills?


Basic Jump skill op 5 cons 4 jf 0 i can aford the extra fuel....
War Kitten
Panda McLegion
#38 - 2013-05-30 18:21:13 UTC
ITT much palming of faces.

I don't judge people by their race, religion, color, size, age, gender, or ethnicity. I judge them by their grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation, clarity of expression, and logical consistency.

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#39 - 2013-05-30 18:23:27 UTC
All jump skills at 5 upper-class checking in

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

De'Veldrin
Adversity.
Snuffed Out
#40 - 2013-05-30 18:26:00 UTC
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
What part of 'If you can fly it now, you can fly it after the patch' dont most people understand....

I have no idea, but it's actually starting to become aggravating.

De'Veldrin's Corollary (to Malcanis' Law): Any idea that seeks to limit the ability of a large nullsec bloc to do something in the name of allowing more small groups into sov null will inevitably make it that much harder for small groups to enter sov null.

Previous page123Next page